INTO THE WOODS Reviews

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#200INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:05am

dramamama611 said: "I really hate hearing the phrase "wasted in a role." Would I want to see/hear more of Josh Henry? You betcha- but I can't imagine any scenario in which that would not be true! That man is never a snack, but a complete five course gourmet meal."

I never would’ve described Josh Henry that way, but now I can’t get that out of my head lol!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Dylan Smith4
#201INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:08am

I’ll be back in NYC in October so this is great! I definitely might have to see it again! Hope they extend it even longer though!! Just wondering who will be in the cast for the extension!! Praying Patina can add a few more weeks!! 

laugh

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#202INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:09am

Odd it's only an 8 week extension. Figured it would extend until the end of the year. Might have to do with casting.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#203INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:11am

ACL2006 said: "Odd it's only an 8 week extension. Figured it would extend until the end of the year. Might have to do with casting."

I think they’re likely to extend again if demand is high.

bstoll1
#204INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:24am

Updated On: 7/27/22 at 09:24 AM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#205INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:32am

Prices went up a long time ago, but it really depends when you go, and the extension has a ton of $69 balcony seats available on weekdays.

Dylan Smith4
#206INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:35am

I paid ridiculous prices for mid orchestra but I did not care at that time. If I go back, I will probably go for Mezzanine seats. No way am I going up to that balcony. 

jbp1232 Profile Photo
jbp1232
#207INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:36am

Has anyone sat in the front left orchestra? They have Row B seats for $79 listed as partial view next to $299 full view seats so I was wondering how partial they mean by partial view? I generally don't mind a partial view seat but I don't want a completely obstructed view if I can avoid it. 

Dollypop
#208INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:45am

As time flies by.....

I have ticket stubs (remember them?).from the original run of HELLO, DOLLY!  at the St James Theater. Evening seats in the orchestra section were $9.90 and matinee seats were $7.50.

Now what are those prices?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

TaffyDavenport
#209INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:47am

"Has anyone sat in the front left orchestra? They have Row B seats for $79 listed as partial view next to $299 full view seats so I was wondering how partial they mean by partial view? I generally don't mind a partial view seat but I don't want a completely obstructed view if I can avoid it."

Those seats are blocked by the Narrator's podium. This is the view from B 13, which might not be the best for a first for a first viewing, but definitely good for a return visit. The review on A View from My Seat gave it 4 out of 5 stars, but I haven't seen anything about the other 2 seats:

INTO THE WOODS Reviews

Updated On: 7/27/22 at 09:47 AM

Dollypop
#210INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:57am

bstoll1 said: ""

A glib tongue is such a blessing!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Theatrefanboy1
#211INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 10:21am

Well I’m hoping this is only the first of many extensions.  Seems strange to close in October before the holiday rush in four weeks. 

My casting hopes for the extension:

-Brian Darcy James - Baker

- Sara Barielles - Bakers Wife (I’m thinking could be Tony nom)

- chip Zien - narrator 

- heather headley - witch

- Gavin creel - wolf/prince

Adding in special alternatives for week or two runs from: Audra McDonald (witch), Christian borle (baker), Kelly ohara (bakers wife), Cheyenne Jackson (another return as the Prince/wolf), Bernadette Peters (narrator)

I really think this show has the ability to run a year cycling a who’s who in and out as a tribute the Sondheim 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#212INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 10:35am

I would LOVE to see Abby Mueller as the Bakers Wife for the extension. Also, saw someone mention Sadie Sink as possible Red replacement and that sounds gorgeous.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

wiggum2 Profile Photo
wiggum2
#213INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 10:39am

Broadway Bob* said: "Even if extended, I don’t think this could be an open end run as I believe there is something booked into the James in the Spring."

well there was already something booked for the fall as well

JasonC3
#214INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 11:39am

I sure miss the days of plentiful center orchestra seats for under $200, especially with a show I want to see again and again.

And yes, I know less expensive options exist and I'll work the system to get the best deal as often as I can, but still ...

sppunk
#215INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 11:51am

Any issues with extreme sides in the mezzanine? B has three seats for $50 cheaper and I can’t imagine they are obstructed. 

jbp1232 Profile Photo
jbp1232
#216INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 12:15pm

sppunk said: "Any issues with extreme sides in the mezzanine? B has three seats for $50 cheaper and I can’t imagine they are obstructed."

I saw some pretty obstructed view posts from TikTok, but this was the far side of the balcony not mezz.

https://www.tiktok.com/@dramafiendspod/video/7121182681802607918?_t=8UKy3q1luUl&_r=1

sppunk
#217INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 12:21pm

jbp1232 said: "sppunk said: "Any issues with extreme sides in the mezzanine? B has three seats for $50 cheaper and I can’t imagine they are obstructed."

I saw some pretty obstructed view posts from TikTok, but this was the far side of the balcony not mezz.

https://www.tiktok.com/@dramafiendspod/video/7121182681802607918?_t=8UKy3q1luUl&_r=1
"

Thank you - this def gives me pause. 

Georgeanddot2 Profile Photo
Georgeanddot2
#218INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 12:57pm

Since Bernadette can still sing the role and is still youthful and beautiful, I'd love to see her make a return as The Witch.  Imagine what an event that would be.

TaffyDavenport
#219INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 1:06pm

sppunk said: "jbp1232 said: "sppunk said: "Any issues with extreme sides in the mezzanine? B has three seats for $50 cheaper and I can’t imagine they are obstructed."

"

Thank you - this def gives me pause.
"

I can't link it right now, but there's a review on A View from My Seat of mezzanine C 30, which is considered partial, but the view looks great.

Edit:

Here it is:

INTO THE WOODS Reviews

Updated On: 7/27/22 at 01:06 PM

wesleystewart
#220INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 1:17pm

Looking into tickets Tuesday, October 11. Anyone know what risk I run of some folks being out for a Tuesday performance? Are most principals seeming to at least attempt 8 shows a week or are folks missing regularly? 

Thanks for any help!!!

inception Profile Photo
inception
#221INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 1:35pm

Very smart business decision to only extend for a short period.  Keeps it a limited run, so people on the fence might be more inclined to go again.

Since I had left this afternoon open on my trip schedule, I picked a ticket to see the matinee,  & am on my way over now.  Remaining lower mezz seats fir this performance dropped yesterday to $149. 

I realize for some this is still be too much.  Two young people in front of me in line at the bix office were looking for tickets to last night's show, & the cheapest available was $100 so they had to pass.  Hopefully they'll get a chance to see it now.

ImAProphet
#222INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 1:50pm

wesleystewart said: "Looking into tickets Tuesday, October 11. Anyone know what risk I run of some folks being out for a Tuesday performance? Are most principals seeming to at least attempt 8 shows a week or are folks missing regularly?

Thanks for any help!!!
"

Just the risk of someone being sick. I am not aware of anyone randomly not showing up.

EDIT: Except maybe Phillipa Soo per the below? I guess if she misses multiple shows we can assume illness but I hope not.

Updated On: 7/27/22 at 01:50 PM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#223INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 1:52pm

Phillipa Soo is out for today's matinee. But Sara Bareillis is in. 

Glad I got an aisle seat for the Sunday show. Let's see if I can still walk after this.🧐

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#224INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/27/22 at 2:06pm

Theatrefanboy1 said:

Adding in special alternatives for week or two runs from: Audra McDonald (witch), Christian borle (baker), Kelly ohara (bakers wife), Cheyenne Jackson (another return as the Prince/wolf), Bernadette Peters (narrator)

Some of these are really wishful thinking, but I’d already rule out Borle since he’s got SOME LIKE IT HOT and Cheyenne Jackson has the third season of CALL ME KAT

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Videos