pixeltracker

Worst Show You've ever seen..- Page 9

Worst Show You've ever seen..

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#200the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 2:30pm

Oh my god, somebody else that saw that Romeo and Juliet!

My friend Anna was in it, so I dutifully attended. THE MOST PAINFUL time of my life.

However, I came in here to say that the WORST show I've ever seen was a recent tour of "Some Like it Hot" - it was SO AMAZINGLY bad that my mother and I considered leaving - and you're looking at two women who have patiently sat through extremely sub par non-equity tours of... Annie and such. It was a first.

We stayed, but felt we shouldn't have afterward.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#201the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 2:50pm

The worst show I have ever seen was Mamma Mia. The whole time all i kept saying to myself was "What the hell is going on here"? There were scuba divers ect...It was by far the only show that I have 1)almost fallen asleep in 2)was flabergasted. Trulley awful show.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#202the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 2:56pm

I don't think any broadway show, no matter how awful, can be called the worst. At least, the actors, the sound device, the orchestra are there.

Anyone called Broadway's Fiddler as the worst didn't see a lot of shows.

What kind of show should be called the worst? Book, score, scene design or acting? We are not talking about this . In a tour of a show called "Accoustic Chocolate", the sound system simply burst into this high pierecing noise all the way. Then you shut it down and you hear nothing, just see people move their mouth.

The only show that I left during intermission.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#203the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 3:02pm

[Title of Show]

Sleeper2 Profile Photo
Sleeper2
#204the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 3:34pm

"Leaving at intermission" jarred me back into reality. How did I forget to add Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to my previous list?

Possibly because I left at intermission.
Updated On: 4/28/06 at 03:34 PM

wishinguweresomehow Profile Photo
wishinguweresomehow
#205the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 3:54pm

Call me Madam tour from a few years back...AWFUL!

"Not everyone can come and go by bubble"

leefowler
#206the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 4:02pm

I've long had a dream to run a company, like "Encores", except that instead of putting on readings of hits, it specialized in flops. And I don't mean shows that deserve a second chance, but really terrible shows. Who here would attend a staged reading of Portofino, Whoop Up, or The Prince Of Central Park?

Behind the fake tinsel of Broadway is real tinsel.

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#207the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 4:09pm

Hurlyburly
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Phantom of the Opera

rickydrummer
#208the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 4:24pm

"Lestat" -- so, so bad. I NEVER even think of walking out on shows, and this one made me very close to tempted.

"Fiddler on the Roof" with Harvey and Rosie -- I enjoyed the show when I saw it with Molina's understudy and I really enjoyed the naturalistic design, but Harvey was just so horribly wrong for the part. Rosie, surprisingly, was one of the redeeming qualities. Snoozefest.

"Dracula" was pretty bad, but it had more redeeming qualities than "Lestat" -- all three leads (O'Hara, Errico, Hewitt) were amazing, and at least the story was clearly focused, unlike "Lestat."

TimWarp Profile Photo
TimWarp
#209the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 5:16pm

A community theater double feature of Charles Busch's "Sleeping Beauty or Coma"/"Vampire Lesbians of Sodom." DEADLY. I was checking my watch every 2 minutes. (I saw a different production a year later and loved it.)

"Cats"--a beautifully done production, but when I go to the theater, I like a plot.

("Dance of the Vampires" remains one of my favorite Broadway experiences. I even had a good time at "Nick & Nora". Just don't make me sit through "Cats" again.)

LYNX71 Profile Photo
LYNX71
#210the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 5:19pm

Ring of Fire

or even worse

Shockheaded Peter!

Marguerite Chauvelin
#211the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 5:45pm

Miss Saigon National tour. The music was from a recording and the helicopter was a projection.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#212the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 5:47pm

My mom took me to this off broadway show called 'Here Lies Jenny' because Bebe Neuwirth (sp?) was in it. It was horrible, and you couldn't leave because you had to step over the stage to get out.

K8eeyore
#213the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 8:22pm

Gotta second High School Musical, though I enjoyed it in a weird, masochistic way. Was it just me, or were Ryan and Sharpay bordering on incestuous?

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#214the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 8:28pm

A community production of "They're playing our song" It was so bad I left after act I, and I never do that.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#215the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 11:04pm

Dear leefowler,

Whoop Up! may be cheezier than Wisconsin, but it is a fun score. I listen to it with a big smile on my face. Which is more than I can say about many a cast album...

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

Amysings
#216the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 11:14pm

Miss Saigon after its been on for 10 years. So boring and corny.

~ When I sing, I am taken to a place where nothing can harm me, God is there and life is just blissful. ~ AEF

Amysings
#217the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 11:14pm

Miss Saigon after its been on for 10 years. So boring and corny.

~ When I sing, I am taken to a place where nothing can harm me, God is there and life is just blissful. ~ AEF

chad2 Profile Photo
chad2
#218the worst
Posted: 4/28/06 at 11:19pm

RENT (good for a laugh or two)
SPAMALOT (not funny--sara was the only thing holding the show together)
BIG the musical

BtMartin25
#219the worst
Posted: 4/29/06 at 1:13am

Jesus Christ Superstar... bleck.

bt

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#220the worst
Posted: 4/29/06 at 2:54am

Oh, oh, oh! That godaweful musical about Teddy Roosevelt with music by John Phillip Sousa. And did you know they're making a musical about Spiderman? Seriously. It was in Variety. I kid you not. I read about it in the obituary for Tony Adams, who produced Victor/Victoria. The producer died but the show lives on.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699
Updated On: 4/29/06 at 02:54 AM

Videos