RIP Brittany Murphy

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 3:01pm

=(

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

alightinthedark23 Profile Photo
alightinthedark23
#2re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 3:03pm

It is very sad indeed. You have to wonder if drugs played a role in her untimely death. Majority of 32 year old people don't die from cardiac arrest. She was a good actress and very funny.

"It's about the Benjamins, not the Bernsteins."-CapnHook

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 3:03pm

Off topic and already with a lengthy discussion in the appropriate board. Link included.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Biff AKA Levi Profile Photo
Biff AKA Levi
#3re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 3:04pm

... everyone dies from cardiac arrest.

When the heart stops beating, you die. Whats important is why her heart stopped beating.

"I want a lap dance from an octopus."

-JG2

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 4:16pm

How is this off-topic? Brittany Murphy made her Broadway debut playing Catherine in the 1997 Broadway revival of A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

re: RIP Brittany Murphy

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#5re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 4:35pm

I was pointing out there was no need for two posts and that the news at the time was unconfirmed, love.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

iamchanging9 Profile Photo
iamchanging9
#6re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 4:38pm

Sad that her talent was wasted on frivolous roles. She really was one of the most underappreciated talents of her time (watch her in Girl, Interrupted, Spun and Don't Say a Word).

Rest in Peace,

...everyone was doing the mambo and drinking golden cadillacs...

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#7re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 5:13pm

So incredibly sad. Just the other day my roommate and I were watching Just Married on the television and discussing where Brittany Murphy had gone to these days.

Such a terrific actress, so bright and funny.

Rest in peace.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#8re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 5:28pm

My heart goes out to her family and friends. She will always be remembered. Loved her in clueless, 8 mile, happy feet and many others.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#9re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 6:39pm

Very sad indeed. I was a huge fan of her since I was in 9th grade after seeing Girl Interrupted, which still remains one of my favorite films to this day. Looking over her filmography on imdb, I think I've seen just about every one of her movies since then. Clueless, Drop Dead Gorgeous and even her little TV movies and lesser known ones like Falling Sky. Even the other day I just watched the trailer to one of my favorite films of hers called (ugh...) The Dead Girl. She was such a real talent. =(

#10re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 6:56pm

Brittany was EXCELLENT in A View From A Bridge. kinda strange that it starts previews next week....

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#11re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 6:59pm

She was, indeed, wonderful in A View From the Bridge; a true stage natural. I wonder if they will dedicate the new revival to her.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

WishingOnlyWounds2
#12re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 6:59pm

So sad, she was so young! I loved her in "Uptown Girls" and "Little Black Book." She will be missed.

R.I.P Brittany Murphy.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#13re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 7:15pm

She was Luanne on King of the Hills, one of my all time favorite shows. RIP

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#14re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 7:20pm

OMG God Bless her family and friends. This year has been so dreary for celebrity deaths. Such a tragedy

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

Dantes
#15re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 7:22pm

This one has really got me, such a bubbly girl with a great talent. Her perfomances were always so quirky. I loved her in Riding In Cars With Boys, Girl Interrupted, Sin City, Clueless etc

RIP XXXXXXXXXxx

former sadm2 (wink)

perfectliar
#16re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 10:31pm

Agreed, Dantes. I don't often get upset over celebrity deaths (the only other that really affected me this year was Patrick Swayze), but this one has really gotten to me.

Clueless was the film of a generation. It defined the attitude and sense of humor of an entire generation of teenagers better than any other film or television show. It was an iconic film, and Brittany Murphy gave a pitch-perfect performance (the most memorable one of the bunch, for me). I had truly hoped that she'd return to Broadway one day (remember how excited we all got when she was rumored to replace the injured Christina Applegate in Sweet Charity?). Rest in peace.

muscle23ftl
#17re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 10:53pm

"Off topic and already with a lengthy discussion in the appropriate board. Link included"

and then...

"I was pointing out there was no need for two posts and that the news at the time was unconfirmed, love"

Just give it up blaxx, and thanks Brody for stating the facts in a better and more respectful way than I could have.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ThankstoPhantom
#18re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 11:28pm

A true loss...she was a great artist, and I wish she could have been able to share her talents more often.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#19re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/20/09 at 11:55pm

Drugs are bad, kids. Except weed. And shrooms every few years.

muscle23ftl
#20re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/21/09 at 12:31am

I don't like that people say that she didn't get to show her talents enough. She was one of the actresses that worked the most in the last few years, she was part of many major films in Hollywood and some of the best parts for female actors.
She got to co-star with Angelina Jolie, Drew Barrymore, Winona Ryder, Dakota Fanning, Ashton Kutcher, Alicia Silverstone, Dan Hadaya and the list goes on and on.
She was on Broadway, on the cover of several magazines, and recorded a hit single. She was extremely successful, she got to show a lot of her talents, more than many others ever will.
With that said, she was very good and she will be missed and remembered forever.

elphabelle07 Profile Photo
elphabelle07
#21re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/21/09 at 12:33am

It's such a tragedy! She was fantastic in Girl, Interrupted and she owned the 90's with her performance in Clueless. I always considered her to be one of those cute actresses who gets the quirky roles, and then I saw The Dead Girl, in which she ironically plays the title character...her performance in that was unlike anything I had seen her do. I actually thought...woah...Brittany Murphy has potential to be a fantastic dramatic actress. She blew me away in that film. So sad there won't be anything more.

"I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"-Funny Girl

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#22re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/21/09 at 12:37am

And THAT is why you should always remember to eat your meals and don't do drugs! re: RIP Brittany Murphy

Rest in peace, my dear. You were totally cute in Just Married and Happy Feet respectively. Then I saw you in a Lifetime movie....and I changed my mind.

"She was one of the actresses that worked the most in the last few years, she was part of many major films in Hollywood and some of the best parts for female actors."

Are you actually being serious right now?

When I think about you, I touch myself.

muscle23ftl
#23re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/21/09 at 12:44am

Filmography
Year Film Role Notes
1993 Family Prayers Elsie Alternative title: A Family Divided
1995 Clueless Tai
1996 Freeway Rhonda
1997 Bongwater Mary
Drive Deliverance Bodine
1998 Falling Sky Emily Nicholson
The Prophecy II Izzy Direct-to-video release
Zack and Reba Reba Simpson
1999 Drop Dead Gorgeous Lisa Swenson
Girl, Interrupted Daisy Randone
2000 Trixie Ruby Pearli
Angels! Nurse Bellows
Cherry Falls Jody Marken
The Audition Daniella Short subject
Sidewalks of New York Ashley
2001 Summer Catch Dede Mulligan
Don't Say a Word Elisabeth Burrows
Riding in Cars with Boys Fay Forrester
2002 Spun Nikki
Something in Between Sky
8 Mile Alex Latourno
2003 Just Married Sarah
Uptown Girls Molly Gunn
Good Boy! Nelly Voice
2004 Little Black Book Stacy Holt
2005 Sin City Shellie
Neverwas Maggie Blake
2006 The Groomsmen Sue
Love and Other Disasters Emily "Jacks" Jackson
Happy Feet Gloria Voice
The Dead Girl Krista Kutcher
2008 The Ramen Girl Abby
Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs Colleen (Voice) Direct-to-DVD release
2009 Deadline Alice
Across the Hall June
Abandoned Mary

Television
Year Title Role Notes
1991 Murphy Brown Frank's Sister 1 episode
1991–1992 Drexell's Class Brenda Drexell 18 episodes
1992 Kids Incorporated Celeste 1 episode
Parker Lewis Can't Lose Angie 1 episode
1993 Almost Home Molly Morgan 13 episodes
Blossom Wendy 1 episode
1994 Frasier Olsen 1 episode
Party of Five Abby 2 episodes
1994–1995 Sister, Sister Sarah 6 episodes
1995 Boy Meets World Trini 2 episodes
The Marshal Lizzie Roth 1 episode
seaQuest DSV Christine VanCamp 1 episode
Murder One Diane "Dee-Dee" Carson 1 episode
1996 Double Jeopardy Julia Television movie
Nash Bridges Carrie 1 episode
Clueless Jasmine 1 episode
1997–2009 King of the Hill Luanne Platter (Voice)
Various characters (Voice) 226 episodes
1998 David and Lisa Lisa Television movie
1999 The Devil's Arithmetic Rivkah Television movie
1999–2000 Pepper Ann Tank the 8th grader (Voice) 3 episodes
2000 Common Ground Dorothy Nelson Television movie
2009 Tribute Cilla McGowan Television movie
Megafault Dr. Amy Lane Television movie

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#24re: RIP Brittany Murphy
Posted: 12/21/09 at 1:22am

Bongwater. Summer Catch. Uptown Girls. Little Black Book. Deadline Alice. Across the Hall. The Prophecy II.

Yep... We'll leave it at that... (and yes, I have seen all of those)

When I think about you, I touch myself.