pixeltracker

Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close

Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#1Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 3:01pm

Sometimes I wonder if 13 year olds really have credible sources...

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#2Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 3:17pm

Not that it matters, but aren't you 13?

They don't even have shows sunday. People sure went wild over nothing!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#2Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 3:33pm

This thread title made me LOL

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#3Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 3:44pm

I guess it's safe to assume it will never close, now.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#4Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 5:06pm

I am getting tickets for the AI ten year anniversary matinee performance! Jealous?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#5Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 5:08pm

Im sorry but only idiots would think a show grossing over 700 - 800 grand a week is gonna close that quick

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 5:13pm

To be fair...didn't the original rumor discuss that a closing NOTICE was coming out, not that it was closing this week? I don't remember a specific date stated...but I didn't pay too close attention.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#7Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 5:25pm

The original tweet:

Now I'm hearing that @AmericanIdiotNY might be closing this Sunday and the official word will go out tomorrow. This SUCKS!

Then it was switched to:

New update: Producers are discussing right now as when AI is closing - still up for debate, though it looks like sometime in August?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#8Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 5:28pm

I love children who run Broadway twitters and make up lies.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#9Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 6:43pm

taylor, 15. madam.

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#10Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 10:57pm

Saw the show last night and had a great time! I could see it possibly closing when the summers over, but they had a full audience. Except for the first row of the balcony to the left, that whole section was empty.

The Best of Times is Now!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#11Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:05pm

"Im sorry but only idiots would think a show grossing over 700 - 800 grand a week is gonna close that quick"

I agree. the show has been doing okay during the summer. It will be interesting to see how it does once summer over.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

dramamama611
#12Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:07pm

THEY know what their advance sales look like.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AEA AGMA SM
#13Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/9/10 at 1:19am

THEY do indeed know what their own advance sale is, but we don't. And of course, even if the fall looks bleak it shows that I would not want some of these Twitterers or bloggers running my show, since their logic seems to be "the fall looks bleak, so let's close it now while we are still making money, as opposed to at least keeping it running until our advance is scheduled to drop off."

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#14Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/9/10 at 7:17am

This rumor should have been pegged as false from the get-go, seeing as AI doesn't even perform on Sunday.

dramamama611
#15Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/9/10 at 7:22am

Oh, of course! I never expected it would close during the month of August...and since I am not privvy to their advance, I have no idea of what's going on.

I am always amazed how people will take one bit of info, that has NO history or inkling of truth and decide to make a big deal over it.

When I first heard about the 'brouhaha' I only remember it saying that the following day (last Monday?) it would ANNOUNCE closing. I never get the big deal folks make about closings anyway, it's going to happen sooner or later -- unless you're Phantom, of course!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#16Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/9/10 at 7:48am

It may not be doing incredible business, but it's doing pretty well considering it's in a bigger house. And even if its attendance isn't the best, its gross is pretty damn good. They could easily get up to $900k with a boost in attendance. But they are surely over their weekly nut and turning a profit anyway.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#17Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/9/10 at 8:43am

And that Profit turning like all shows will see it through some of the slow spots till the tourists are back. If its gonna close i would say January

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#18Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/9/10 at 10:39am

Considering how most of the cast is very much active on Facebook and Twitter (and are often quite frank), if there were rumblings of a closing soon, we'd know.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

byebyebaby12 Profile Photo
byebyebaby12
#19Well its sunday and American Idiot didnt close
Posted: 8/10/10 at 12:22am

I was at the closing show. John Gallagher Jr. looked in general direction at the curtain call.