pixeltracker

First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!

First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#1First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:09pm

They just posted a brand new video on their Facebook fan page. It shows quick glimpses of the show, rehearsal and the costume. Something about the Spidey costume throws me off a bit. Not sure what it is.

http://www.facebook.com/TurnOffTheDark

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#2First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:15pm

Meh. Its a teeny tiny pretentious.

Baileyboo
#3First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:17pm

The move at the end of the video is the one that the actor injured his wrists.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#4First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:18pm

Well it looks pretty spectacular.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#5First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:22pm

Have to agree that that looked spectacular.

Muhlethaler
#6First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:25pm

Updated On: 6/18/20 at 04:25 PM

BrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
#7First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:25pm

They need to get that video into their advertising cycle asap because watching that was the first time that I've felt that this could actually really work.

If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#8First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:28pm

It looks great. I hope it is! The thing I'm most excited about is Patrick Page's performance. He's always great.

Did they gut out the theatre??

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#9First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:31pm

I wish we could hear some more music besides the same damn chords over & over.

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#10First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:46pm

It really would be great to hear more than the chorus/bridge of "Boy Falls From the Sky." They're either hiding some mind-blowing rock theater or terrible pop drivel and I'm wondering which it is.

Not sure what to think of the eight-legged dance imagery or that career-ending stunt set-up. Or Peter Parker having an aversion to sleeves and a love of suspenders. That seems really out of character.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#11First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 4:52pm

the spiderman visuals work, I just wish the assorted harnesses were less visible. I still have massive doubts in regards to just about everything to do with the villains.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

musical_ash_09 Profile Photo
musical_ash_09
#12First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 5:33pm

Okay, I'm feeling a little more comfortable with this now that I kinda have an idea about it. The stunts look pretty awesome.

If I didn't believe in you We'd never have gotten this far If I didn't believe in you And all of the ten thousand women you are If I didn't think you could do Anything you ever wanted to If I wasn't certain that you'd come through somehow THe fact of the matter is, Cathy I wouldn't be standing here now -The Last Five Years

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#13First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 5:54pm

Not sure what to think of...Peter Parker having an aversion to sleeves and a love of suspenders. That seems really out of character.

Looks like Carney's own clothes/he's not in costume.

jagfkb
#14First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 6:05pm

Everything seen actually looks pretty good...

...except for the actresses with manequin legs... right now it kindda looks like some kinky sex doll scene... maybe the costumes will fix this somehow?

wonkit
#15First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 6:24pm

Somewhat unrelated comment - I recently saw the new production of RHEINGOLD at the Metropolitan Opera. The still photographs made some of the high profile anti-gravity visual effects look very dramatic but in live production you SEE the ropes, and the harnesses, so there isn't really any visual magic unless you like seeing people pulled around on wires. If you see the physical contraptions, you never for a moment believe these are people who can "fly." So good luck, SPIDERMAN -

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#16First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 6:41pm

You know, as a comic book fan, that actually made me really, really excited. I'm glad that they're FINALLY trickling out a little real idea of what this show will be; it's a lot easier and more fun to bash it when you don't know. We haven't heard anything of the score, really, and I'm very skeptical. But those few little guitar riffs that they've played since the website went up are memorable and a little goosebump-inducing. No matter what happens with this show, whether it's Carrie or Wicked on larger financial scales, it's gonna be history. And I can't wait.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#17First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 6:43pm

Say what you want about the integrity of the show, the score, the story, the direction, etc. But regardless of what happens or how long this runs, it's going to be absolutely epic, visually. I've said it from day one: I cannot wait to see this.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#18First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 6:52pm

I must say that this looks like a spectacular show. The flying effects look phenomenal and I love the set.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#19First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 6:54pm

This has got to be the most positive thread on this show. Ever.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#20First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 7:01pm

They do this with movies too. How many times have you seen what looks to be a dynamite movie in a preview and when you actually see the film it's meh? Still not impressed. It does look a bit pretentious but then again it is Taymor.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#21First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 8:09pm

I was joking about the shirts. They quite clearly show the average Joe costume in the video and it looks good.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#22First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 6:04pm

Well, I'm excited!

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#23First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 6:45pm

Well, for 65 mil it better look good.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#24First behind-the-scenes glimpse of SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off The Dark!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 6:50pm

I really don't get how this looks pretentious.