FAT PIG: Which Theater?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/30/10 at 1:03am

Do we know which theater FAT PIG is going into? I figured the Booth, as it is a smallish play. But it does have a big name attached, so I'm not sure.

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#2FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/30/10 at 1:13am

I've heard HIGH is going into the Booth. Which leaves the Broadhurst, Cort, Belasco or Circle in the Square for FAT PIG. Cort or Belasco seem most likely.

NotSinceCarrie2
#2FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/30/10 at 1:16am

I have no proof, but back when I read the announcement, the name "Studio 54" just popped in my head as Fat Pig's theatre.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#3FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/30/10 at 1:19am

Def not Studio 54.

Broadhurst seems like a good sized house for it.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#4FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/30/10 at 8:20am

My money is on the Belasco. Also, Circle in the Square still has Lombardi in it, and they haven't announced a closing (and I don't think it will in enough time for another show to go in there). The show costs next to nothing to run. I think they will chug along until nominations come out.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#5FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/30/10 at 12:40pm

I would imagine the Broadhurst is where it's going. It's a good location for a play with a star attached. Though, the Belasco may want to house a hit and may try and push for the producers to bring it there.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#6FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/31/10 at 2:11am

With the second balcony, the Belasco almost seems too big to me.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#7FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/31/10 at 9:35am

The Broadhurst actually has almost 200 more seats than the Belasco, regardless of the balcony.

Fosse76
#8FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/31/10 at 11:02am

I though it had already been announced. It's going into the Belasco.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#9FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 12/31/10 at 1:09pm

Hm. It's interesting what design can do. It just feels bigger, but maybe that's just me. I haven't been in the Broadhurst in awhile.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#10FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 4:31pm

Mother**cker with the Hat is going into the Broadhurst anyway, I thought.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#11FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 4:33pm

No, Motherfu*ker in the Hat has the Schoenfeld.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

lisa902652
#12FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 5:35pm

fat pig is confirmed at the belasco opening mid april

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#13FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 5:48pm

I wonder what lucky, unknown actress is going to get cast as Helen (the um, "title character"). The Equity casting call certainly didn't mince words as to what they were looking for. It said something to the effect of "We are not looking for someone who is 'curvy' or 'a little overweight.' We are looking for someone who is FAT." Which is indeed the kind of actress the play calls for, but which of course eliminates 98% of all women working consistantly in televison and film.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#14FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 6:22pm

Tough part to play considering she has to be a great actress, likeable, and hella overweight.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#15FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:23pm

So you're saying that there aren't overweight people out there who can act? That doesn't seem right...

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#16FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:27pm

Interesting. Ashlie Atkinson, who originated the role Off Broadway and was brilliant, is hardly what I'd categorize as completely fat. They are obviously trying to go in a different direction from how Helen has been played before.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#17FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:29pm

Laura Benanti should bulk up. She'd be great.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#18FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:59pm

What's Nicki Blonksy doing now that Huge is canceled? Maybe she should do it. It's not like she's getting any more offers.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

The Distinctive Baritone
#19FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 9:39pm

Nikki Blonsky is actually generally the type needed for the part: a "plus-sized" woman but with a nice face and bubbly personality. Now that you mention it, I bet that the role ends up going to an ex-Tracy Turnblad...

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#20FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 9:43pm

What's Brooke Elliott (Drop Dead Diva) up to? She's got a theatre background. I don't know if I'd call her FAT fat, but she is a big girl.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#21FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 9:45pm

Nikki Blonsky is going into the next cycle of Love, Loss, and What I wore.

The Distinctive Baritone
#22FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/1/11 at 10:04pm

singtopher, Brooke Elliott would actually be a great choice. And she's actually got some decent TV and film cred, which of course we know is pretty much required by producers for playing a leading role in a play on Broadway nowadays.

boydowncenter2
#23FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/2/11 at 1:47pm

would love to see them go with an unknown for "helen". doubt if they will though.

RazzleDazzle3
#24FAT PIG: Which Theater?
Posted: 1/2/11 at 6:47pm

I believe a girl named Heather will be making her Broadway debut as Helen.

Videos