Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash

Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#2Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 5:46pm

Oh puhlease. They must think we're stupid. Next thing you know they'll say she won't be able to return to the show....ever.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 5:47pm

It's always something with this show. I guess Book of Mormon starting stealing some of it's spotlight and they need to get back in the news.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#4Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 5:48pm

That's terrible. If the show has the fortune to run long enough for a replacement cast to come it, I'd think it would be hard to lure an actor in Arachne's role. The possibilities for injury in the part seem ridiculously high.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#5Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 5:57pm

Bye bye Arachne. Bye bye Julie Taymor

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#6Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 5:58pm

Is this now injury #5? They might as well just shut it down early.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#7Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 5:59pm

^Exactly. Just the perfect set up to say they decided to eliminate the character completely.

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#8Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 6:06pm

I feel bad for her (she is a fairly talented singer) but I don't feel bad for the show.

willheim2 Profile Photo
willheim2
#9Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 6:26pm

so juicy. it's not about eliminating the character. jmho.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#10Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 6:34pm

Chase Brock? WOW!

I hate the way they get rid of Acne over there. Whack em with a rope, put em on in the part than throw em back in the chorus, Whip lash em, just brutal.

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#11Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 6:54pm

again? dear God.

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#13Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 6:59pm

I can't wait for the musical version of this behind-the-scenes musical.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#14Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 7:30pm

Ugh...and just when we thought that the other shows on Broadway are actually going to get the spotlight for a change and Spider-Man returns in the headlines yet again...

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#15Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:09pm

I agree with Kalimba. Don't be surprised if we never see Ms. Carpio return to the show. By the time she would ready to return, the show will shut down for an overhaul. Among the things believed to be jettisoned are possibly the character of Arachne, played by T.V. Carpio. Injury took her out, but book writers and directors might well eliminate her altogether. Wishing her well...

bwayfan7000
#16Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:11pm

Poor America Olivo. She's had to play the role for a stretch twice now, likely with no real reward either time.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#17Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:54pm

best12bars - you read my mind! Wanna start working on it with me? LOL

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#18Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:59pm

Who would you cast as Taymor? Someone just plain nuts.... Hmmmmmmmmm someone who screams at people about ART.....

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#19Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 9:18pm

"She's had to play the role for a stretch twice now, likely with no real reward either time."

What does that mean? Like, she didn't get a dog treat?!

She got to perform the role. That's all the reward an actor needs.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

bwayfan7000
#20Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 9:23pm

It means she had to play the role every night when Mendoza was out while someone else was being groomed to take over it full time, and now if Carpio never returns, Olivo will either have no role at all to play or a severely cut down one.

I know she has been lucky to go on in a major role in a Broadway production, but it has to be frustrating for a performer to go on as an understudy for a long period of time under those circumstances.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#21Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:18pm

I think this is a first time that Rob has commented on a story that he's posted.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/