pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:05pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 4/17/2011 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:07pm

Yikes, 'Born Yesterday'.

thismyshow
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:08pm

unless it gets raves id say HIGH is unfortunately done.....

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:11pm

Surprised at how low the gross for Bengal Tiger.

And YES Book of Mormon!

Maybe the two shows should have swapped venues. I'm sure Mormon could have easily sold out the Rodgers.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:13pm

Maybe the two shows should have swapped venues. I'm sure Mormon could have easily sold out the Rodgers.

Good point.

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:13pm

Am I wrong in thinking Sister Act is off to a less than great start, low average ticket price and low gross for that theatre, even though i know some of it is blocked off

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:15pm

CONGRATS to PRISCILLA for cracking the $1Million club

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

bossbear062
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:17pm

good for PRISCILLA hitting a 'Mill'. Can book of Mormon ever hit a 'Mill" (without increasing the ticket price) I know it's a small theater?

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:19pm

UGH. I really wish Arcadia and Bengal Tiger were doing better. I really, really liked both and think they deserve to find audiences. I also really want Born Yesterday to be doing better, but at least with that one there's still hope that the reviews will drive more people to it!

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:22pm

Maybe in Holiday week. It already has the record for the highest grossing 8-performance week. FELA! Has the house record for a 9 performance week of 997k. Mormon will easily smash 1 million in the Holiday weeks, maybe even sooner, depending on when all the initial discount codes expired?

amyfairycakes Profile Photo
amyfairycakes
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:27pm

Just reiterating what others have said - yikes, Born Yesterday and High. I hope Born Yesterday picks up after the reviews. Also, glad to see Catch Me If You Can post a higher gross this week, even with the less-than-stellar reviews.

GimmeABreak2
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:35pm

Been meaning to ask this on one of these grosses posts--which number is thought to be more important, the gross % potential, the total gross itself or the percent of the house filled?
Because some of these numbers seem to vary so much.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:37pm

Total Gross^... Also Average ticket price.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:38pm

Total gross is the most important figure. Each show has minimum amount it needs to bring in to cover weekly costs and the gross spells out how much over (or under) the show is pulling in/deficit ting.

Average ticket price and percentage of seats filled is more an indicator of the show's trends week after week.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:48pm

good for PRISCILLA hitting a 'Mill'. Can book of Mormon ever hit a 'Mill" (without increasing the ticket price) I know it's a small theater

So proud of Priscilla! And no, its max is just shy of it at $985,694.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:57pm

Bengal made almost half a million dollars, not too bad.
Maybe Kathleen Turner should start signing authographs and taking pictures after High? :)

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:02pm

Book of Mormon can certainly exceed $1 million once it gets away from the discount code period. Premium seating would push it over the potential gross of $985K.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:05pm

I'm pretty sure the max they have up on the grosses is the maximum they can get without discounts.

thismyshow
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:05pm

@muscle she does sign....

beautywickedlover
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:10pm

"Catch Me if You Can" must've had good word of mouth from audiences. It's nice to see that "Mamma Mia" and "Mary Poppins" are doing well.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:14pm

I was just kidding, I don't really "stage door" anymore, so I have no idea what she does. I just read that thread posted on this board :)

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:31pm

"I'm pretty sure the max they have up on the grosses is the maximum they can get without discounts."

Yes, but the extra revenue generated from premium ticket sales is not included in the total gross potential, which is how you can have shows like WICKED having over 100% of the potential gross.

AEA AGMA SM
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:32pm

TheatreFan4 is correct. The potential gross listed is assuming each seat is sold at full price, discount codes do not affect this number. Right now the only way for The Book of Mormon to break the one million mark would be to raise ticket prices or convince Equity to allow them to add a 9th performance in the week.

bwayfan7000
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:33pm

The O'Neill is a nice theatre for Mormon show-wise, but it could certainly have consistently filled a bigger house.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/17
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:48pm

How did HIGH increase its attendance by 30% but make almost 9k less? Plus, the average ticket price is 19 bucks? WTF is going on over there?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Videos