pixeltracker

COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited- Page 2

COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#25COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:50am

It appears different theatres are playing at different times and days. Where I am, the theatre is showing it Wednesday and Thursday evenings. (I guess they don't want to use a screen for this when it can be used for something else for the weekend throngs)

NGeorgiaBwayFan Profile Photo
NGeorgiaBwayFan
#26COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 1:00pm

Looks like screenvision AND fathomevents are both presenting them. For me, the screenvision had 4 screenings, and fathom only offers 2.

the screenvision link is posted above in the thread.

http://www.fathomevents.com/performingarts/event/companynight1.aspx

"Like the good Lord says . . . Ya gotta take the rough with the smooth, Baby!" Madame Rose

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#27COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 1:08pm

For those in the DC area, the AFI in Silver Spring is offering 7 showings, with $18 for non members, $15/members.

I think I'm going tonight!

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#28COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 1:35pm

Any reviews or thoughts from those who have seen it yet?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#29COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 2:06pm

I shall be at Chelsea Clearview this evening with my ladies who lunch. I'm really quite excited.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#30COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 7:45pm

We tried to go tonight - got there at 7 for a 7:30 show - it was SOLD OUT.

It was close to sold out for tomorrow.

We're going to go Sunday instead.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#31COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 8:55pm

^ you just motivated me to order my tickets for Sunday now. Where did you try to go see it?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

FindingNamo
#32COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 10:52pm

I seen it. I loved it.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

April Saul
#33COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 10:55pm

Just got back from a Philly showing...$18, theater only half-full, wildly enthusiastic crowd, lots of fun! Yes, it's pricey, but I didn't regret it...and I'd seen the show twice for real, back in the day with Elaine Stritch and more recently with Esparza.

Could Neil Patrick Harris be any more impressive? Seriously...

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#34COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:24pm

It's playing at 6 Cineplex theatres in Toronto and 5 Cineplex theatres in the Toronto suburbs. Encore screening on July 9.

$22.54 (incl. tax)!

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
#35COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:29pm

It was a lot of fun. Katie Finneran made me laugh until I cried. Harris and LuPone were great musical stars, but I enjoyed watching Colbert and Plimpton so much.

Did anyone else feel the projection was stretched vertically, like a movie from the 70s? The odd aspect ratio was my only major issue.

Oh, and Christina Hendricks read on April was fun and fascinating.

With Irma you gotta do something!

Freedomme Profile Photo
Freedomme
#36COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:41pm

So disappointed! Got to the First Ave. Clearview at 61st street at 6:30, sat there for an hour, the entire theater filled up, not ONE empty seat, and they couldn't show the film because of technical difficulties. They did refunds and free tickets for a later time, but what a bummer. When they announced that there would be no show, the entire audience yelled back "NO!"

FindingNamo
#37COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:50pm

I was worried that was going to happen in my theater because they had problems with the pre-show commercials.

I was impressed by Plimpton. She really seemed 1970 to me. "Sorry Grateful" gets to me every time, and this was no exception. Colbert led that off well. I now want to bigamately marry Aaron Lazar. NPH commanded the screen during "Being Alive."

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 6/16/11 at 11:50 PM

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#38COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:50pm

It's very much worth trying again. Go to Chelsea Clearview. It's my favorite theatre in the City. The right mix of young, old, gay, straight, black, white and nothing but GOOD MANNERS!

I have no idea how the concert played live. But the film is perhaps the most persuasive case for COMPANY I've ever encountered. Neil Patrick Harris was, in a word, perfect. He is not the most vocally thrilling Bobby on record, but he's the most believable that I've seen. Christina Hendricks was a womanly wonder as April. Anika Noni Rose really built Another Hundred People and made me feel things about that song I've never experienced. The couples were absolutely perfectly cast. Plimpton, Colbert and Cryer were just terrific. Special mention must be made of Jennifer Laura Thompson. Just marvelous work. Finnernan was a howl. And how WONDERFUL to see the Tick Tock dance! What a great piece that is essential to Company. And it was beautifully danced.

Run...don't walk to see this marvelous film.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#39COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 12:04am

Saw it tonight for $10.50 (including tax) in a theatre with 21 other people, about an hour outside Toronto.

It was amazing. Finally, a version of Company I enjoyed! You have no idea how many times I've tried watching my DVD of the 2006 revival and stop 20 minutes in.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

johnpressman
#40COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 12:24am

As a fan of both the original and the 2006 revival of "Company", what didn't you like about it?

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#41COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 1:09am

How much were the tickets to the actual concert?

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Updated On: 6/16/11 at 01:09 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#42COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 1:20am

Just got back. It was phenomenal. I can't imagine what it would have been like to actually be in that concert hall seeing it live. I was kind of annoyed that my movie theater didn't do an intermission. It said intermission on the screen, the screen went black for 2 seconds, and then they started act 2. I don't know why they didn't do an intermission, but it was still an excellent night. I will definitely be buying this on DVD when it comes out.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

goldenstate5
#43COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 1:45am

In debate of seeing this. Tony performance turned me off... though the cast is still pretty stellar and I'd like to see it with an audience. I'm also knee-deep in finals for school right now... grr, why couldn't this have come out a week later?

bwayphreak234
#44COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 1:47am

^ Just go! It is definitely worth seeing.

goldenstate5
#45COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 1:53am

......ok.

The theater that's showing it which isn't downtown (live in LA, btw) is kind of iffy, but why not!

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#46COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 2:24am

Just got back. The showing we saw was part of three sold-out showings at this particular theater. It was indeed a whole lot of fun. Any flaws I read about were more than offset by the experience of seeing it larger than life on the big screen.

And it was indeed wonderful to see "Tick Tock" performed.

bwayphreak234
#47COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 2:30am

For those who went tonight- did your theater have an intermission? Mine just skipped it. Just wondering if others theaters are actually doing the intermission like they should.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#48COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 2:34am

Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto did take an intermission..short..just long enough for a bathroom break really.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#49COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
Posted: 6/16/11 at 4:20am

I saw it tonight in Thousand Oaks, CA. I was happy it was showing at the Muvico theatre because you get to reserve your seat. Didn't necessarily need to though, because the theatre was less then half full. I enjoyed all the performances greatly. NPH stole my heart and Patti LuPone didn't dissapoint. I would go to more of these live performance screenings.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Videos