ANYTHING GOES Rush

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#1ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 6/27/11 at 2:20pm

Has anyone tried their rush since the Tonys? I'm sure it's insane but was wondering how early I might have to line up for the matinee tomorrow.

Also, where are the seats located? Was thinking of trying JERUSALEM as well but would rather not sit in one of the crappy boxes.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#2ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 6/27/11 at 3:06pm

The AG rush is the one rush I couldn't quite figure out while I was in NY last month. The first time we tried (on a 2 show day) they immediately made an announcement upon opening the box office that there were no evening seats available and only one pair for matinee. It seemed to me everyone in line left. The next day they made the same announcement about no tickets being available but this time we noticed there was a cancellation/student line. It was my last day in NY so I was willing to pay more. When I finally got called to the window I ended up with box seats at RUSH PRICE, so I don't know how they all of a sudden became available. The view is obstructed but worth the rush price. I wouldn't have wanted to pay student price (50% off) to sit there if I had a choice.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#2ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 6/27/11 at 3:13pm

Saw Jerusalem yesterday and there were tons of seats upstairs. I didn't go rush, but I think you'd be able to switch to a decent mezzanine seat easily if you did.

tinysinger87 Profile Photo
tinysinger87
#3ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 6/28/11 at 12:29am

Get tickets from HipTix they're super cheap and its a sure thing.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#4ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 6/28/11 at 9:37am

I called HipTix last week, and they were sold out through the end of July.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#5ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 8/2/11 at 7:11pm

Bumping the thread to see if anyone has tried on a Wednesday recently for general rush. I'm planning on going tomorrow.

yeah
#6ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 8/2/11 at 11:15pm

Anyone know if Sutton Foster has a vacation coming up anytime soon? I was going to try and rush this on my birthday, which is the 24th of this month.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#7ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 8/2/11 at 11:22pm

She'll be on vacation the 23-28.

shbway105
#8ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 8/3/11 at 6:38pm

I'm planning on rushing tomorrow. If I get there an hour and a half before the box office opens will that be too early or late?
Updated On: 8/3/11 at 06:38 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#9ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 8/4/11 at 12:02am

Rushed this morning. Got there at 6:20 and was first in line. The line picked up steadily from 6:40, on. They had no tickets available for the matinee and 40 available for the night show. I noticed a guy sitting in the right box who showed up 20 minutes prior to the box office opening, though that's probably just a fluke because of the large amount of tickets for tonight's show.

P.S. Sutton's vacation starts on the 22nd. Heard it from her mouth.
P.P.S. The show was fabulous.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#10ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 8/4/11 at 12:27am

August 22nd is a Monday..there is no show anyway.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#11ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 8/4/11 at 12:49am

I was there tonight. There were a few seats open in the last few rows of the mezzanine off to the side. It was a fantastic show too! Loved every minute of it!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

michael2
#12ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 9/14/11 at 4:26pm

Anyone rushed recently how has the queue been? I coming to New York for a week on October 3rd are the theatres usually busy at that time or should I book before I arrive in the city, I have tried Hiptix but they are sold out until after my trip. Thanks in advance.

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#13ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 9/14/11 at 6:30pm

I'm not sure how it will be next month, but this month it is way down! Last week I was in the city, and just for the heck of it I decided to ask if they had any rush tickets left - it was noon on a Friday. They did! I was shocked, but happy. Then on Sat my friends and I lined up at a little before 10am, and we were maybe 25th in line? It was quite long, but we still got three rush tickets. And I rushed again on the 11th (Laura's last show) I got to the box office at 9am, I was the second in line. At 10 there was maybe 8 people behind me?

So, yea, the lines are WAY down at rush right now. I'm REALLY hoping that it will pick back up next month, but it's kinda nice to know I can get tickets. :)

And don't judge how many times I rushed it in two weekends. :P I won't get into how many times I've seen it. haha. I love this show, and simply can't get enough of Sutton in Anything Goes & Gabriel! It's a must see!

michael2
#14ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 9/14/11 at 6:39pm

Thank you Millie, Thats a great help, I hope the rush queue is quiet enough to get two tickets when I arrive.

CoCo2 Profile Photo
CoCo2
#15ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 9/30/11 at 12:09pm

I'm going to bump. Can anyone give me an idea about rushing right now? Coming to the city specifically to see this next weekend and Hiptix are totally sold out. So, I'm planning to rush it.

I just need one ticket- if anyone has an extra for the 7th-9th that they want to sell, let me know. I'm a Hiptix member if that makes a difference.

It seems like it's been at TKTS too, so that's still an option.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#16ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 9/30/11 at 12:54pm

Sounds like it is easier during the week, specifically Wednesday when there are 2 shows. They also do have some standing room spots for $30. No idea if the show has to be practically sold out for those or not. But, the box office guy let us know ahead of time how many of each that there were.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

anaflores
#17ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 9/30/11 at 1:04pm

I saw the show last Saturday night and was too scared to rush, so I opted for the TKTS booth in Brooklyn instead. I scored a 10th row orchestra seat for $70. Worth every penny. The show is brilliant and Sutton Foster is ridiculously talented. Good luck and have fun!

MillieDillmount
#19ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 10/2/11 at 2:21pm

I rushed this show again yesterday. I got in line at a little after 9am, my two friends and I were 26th in line. We got the seats we wanted for the night show. There were at least another 20 people behind us, as far as I know they all got tickets. I would just say get there as early as possible (6 / 7) to be close to the front of the line, and you will be all set. :) I hope you get to see this show - it's fantastic! The most fun I've had at a show (14 times over) in a LONG while! ANYTHING GOES Rush

CoCo2 Profile Photo
CoCo2
#20ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 10/4/11 at 12:54am

Thanks guys! Has anyone tried to the Student Rush 2 hours before curtain? Any luck with that?

If that doesn't work, I'll be the one with the coffee and the textbook studying for a midterm in line rain/shine early early early Sat. morning!

MillieDillmount
#21ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 10/4/11 at 3:28pm

Honestly, I wouldn't wait that long. That's a huge risk because there may not have been that much rush tickets to start out with. But if you want to chance it, you can try it. Also, they have a cancellation line, which I believe you can do like 5 minutes before the show? Not sure, as I've never done this, but I think most people have good luck with this too. So if you don't want to wait in the morning, you can try that.

CoCo2 Profile Photo
CoCo2
#22ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 10/4/11 at 3:47pm

Thanks, MillieD! I have 4 chances to get a ticket... hopefully I can get rush, but worst case scenario I'll run to TKTS and pay a little more. ANYTHING GOES Rush

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#23ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 10/25/11 at 8:37pm

Anyone done the rush lately? How early should one get there? thanks

CoCo2 Profile Photo
CoCo2
#24ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 10/25/11 at 11:07pm

I ended up getting there at 6:30 AM on a Saturday and was first in line. The line was super long by 7:30 or 8:00 and there was a very small number of tickets available (5 for evening and like 14 for matinee) that day. This was before they announced that Sutton was taking a hiatus, but the weather was still pretty warm. Hope that helps!

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#25ANYTHING GOES Rush
Posted: 11/6/11 at 1:23pm

Bumping, has anyone tried this recently? I'd really like to see Stephenie J. Block in the show and Hiptix are sold out almost all the way through December, and I just want to know when a good time to get there would be/if it's calmed down at all without Sutton being there.

Videos