H2$ Darren Criss rush

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 12/30/11 at 11:14pm

they will offer SRO. The Hirschfeld has great SRO views.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#26H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 12/30/11 at 11:44pm

Who's that woman?

pitfever
#27H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 12/31/11 at 1:48am

Okay, so what is SRO and what is TDF?

PlayItAgain
#28H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 12/31/11 at 1:52am

SRO = Standing Room Only
TDF = Theatre Development Fund

pitfever
#29H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 12/31/11 at 10:34am

Thanks. Some up post mentioned about TDF, what does that have to do with Rush tix?

PlayItAgain
#30H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 12/31/11 at 12:00pm

Some shows offer cheap tickets through TDF that is comparable to rush prices.

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#31H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 12/31/11 at 2:01pm

The rush tickets that are set aside are the far side orchestra seats and box seats (all partial view seats). They begin selling 10 AM on the day of the performance (on Saturday they begin selling for both the matinee and evening performances at 10 am). If you are not particular on a date with two shows, you would stand a better chance with rush since you have tickets for both performances available at the same time, however since tickets are selling well, I would imagine that the line would nonetheless be quite long depending on the weather. If you are set on getting tickets via rush on that day, you would probably be wish to show up to the theatre around 8. I think you would be fine getting there around 9 am, but I would say 8 just to make sure you get your ticket(s). (remember limit 2 per person)

Hope that helps.

pitfever
#32H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/1/12 at 1:36am

Thanks for the info.

As for TDF, how to get tix from there?

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#33H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/1/12 at 1:57am

The thing with TDF and TKTS is that the show can't already be sold out. if it is a hit show that is selling well, you won't be able to get tickets through either of those sources. That being said, you can view TDF membership informationa nd requirements here: http://tdf.org/TDF_ServicePage.aspx?id=59

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#34H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/1/12 at 5:59pm

They are sold out of the $52 tickets and the $92 tix are limited.

pitfever
#35H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/2/12 at 3:00pm

The New York Times has an article about Darren Criss. It looks like this is going to be good.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/03/theater/darren-criss-of-glee-fills-daniel-radcliffes-shoes.html?_r=2&ref=arts

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#36H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/2/12 at 8:40pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QVDYSC4fhSI

Short behind-the-scenes video of Darren's photoshoot.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#37H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:38am

Anyone rush today?

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#38H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:42am

There were people camped outside last night.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
snl89
#40H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/3/12 at 1:38pm

Hopefully the rush situation will calm down over the next week or so, because I really don't think I could do camping out all night, even for Darren haha. 7 am or so, I'll be there, but much earlier and it's pushing it :P

Aaanyway, this has nothing to do with rush, but Darren's just way too cute H2$ Darren Criss rush
https://www.whosay.com/darrencriss/videos/112691

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Shunterk
#41H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/3/12 at 4:05pm

First of all, I thought 'Play Esq.' had posted, 'Darren is cute as a bottom' and I then scoured the internet for, um, things. Haha

But, the real purpose for this post, my friends and I are set to arrive in NYC at 5 AM on the 14th. Do you think that'll be okay? If not, well, that'll suck. Sunday we're rushing Follies. So excited!

pitfever
#42H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/3/12 at 7:47pm

I wonder how the Rush went today. I hope too that this is only because of the first day. I don't think I can stay overnight there...I mean, I'm not that crazy...(yet).

It's so cool to see Break A Leg Darren trending worldwide. Don't underestimate the Gleeks and Starkids fans!!!

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#43H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/4/12 at 8:43am

Hey, I tried the rush yesterday. got there at 8am and was about 55th in line. the rush tickets sold out after about 35 (rough estimate.) and boy was it freezing! but there were some really nice girls near the front of the line (or middle of it, can't remember where) who had baked cookies and kept waling down the line, offering them to everyone. also, someone was offering M&Ms. if you guys are reading this, thank you!!

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

pitfever
#44H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:56am

Will you be trying Rush again? I wonder how many tix are set aside for Rush. Based on your estimation that the first 35 or so people got the tix, I'd say around 50 tix?

keb2 Profile Photo
keb2
#45H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:46am

I got there at 6:55am or so today and got row B seats to the evening show. Granted, there are two shows today. I don't know what number I was in line, but I was just past the stairs, at what I'd guess is the front of the stage.

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#46H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:22am

oh man, Darren madness!

I was kinda hoping to catch him in this buuuuuut girl it's cold. I've only done early rush in the winter for Patti & Liza.

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

pitfever
#47H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/4/12 at 1:48pm

keb2, were there a lot of people there for the Rush today?

keb2 Profile Photo
keb2
#48H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/4/12 at 5:36pm

There were a lot of people. Someone said it looked like the line stretched down the block (i.e. to 9th Ave). I didn't look and see for myself, frankly, I was too cold to do so. I couldn't feel my feet after three hours despite wearing two pairs of socks and a good pair of boots! It seemed comparable to when I rushed in July/August, but with much worse weather.

KatieM082
#49H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/5/12 at 1:50pm

How has the rush been since opening night? Has it been less crazy? I'm going Saturday and I'm trying to figure out what time I should be there.