Duration of Evita Run

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Clopin73
#1Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 8:36pm

Anyone have any idea how long Evita will run? I am interested in both the intended run and then how long you think it will actually run. I am visiting the first week of Jan and really want to see the show but my gut says it will not make it that long (January has an unusually high number of closings, although I am going as close to the New Year's holiday as possible Jan 3-6). Any insight out there...

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#2Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 8:47pm

It's an open run so the intended run is just that, open. Elena is contracted through January and she may have issues extending since I'm not sure if Equity would approve an extension. I believe Ricky's contract also expires in January and if he doesn't renew, unless they can find a replacement who would be a big draw, I assume it would close shortly thereafter.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 8:56pm

considering how much Ricky is enjoying his time in Evita & on Broadway, I'll go out and say he'll renew for another 6 months or so. They can replace Rogers.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Dollypop
#3Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 9:03pm

Isn't Karen Olivo in talks to replace Elena?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#4Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 9:12pm

It's ROGER!!! And the talk about Olivo was rumors.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

random person 112
#5Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 9:27pm

Plus Karen could never hope to sing the score with the shape her voice is in. Have any of you heard her Rainbow High?

tphiliboy152
#6Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 9:38pm

I think it could run a little bit longer even after Ricky does leave. It pulls in somewhat decent numbers when Max von Essen or Daniel Torres goes on. As for Elena leaving, I think it would be cool if Christina DeCicco replaced her?

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#7Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 10:26pm

If they're going to replace her, my vote is still for Mandy Gonzalez.

Visceral_Fella
#8Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/16/12 at 11:20pm

Another user said that Elena, and Christina are contracted through March. This information is supposedly from DeCicco herself.
Thread

PositivelyEmerald
#9Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 1:06am

^Christina told me at the stage door in June, that she and Elena were both contracted till March, provided they're still open by then.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#10Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 1:16am

"considering how much Ricky is enjoying his time in Evita & on Broadway, I'll go out and say he'll renew for another 6 months or so."

The question is, is Broadway enjoying him?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#11Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 4:39am

After having seen the show a couple of times, and hearing huge entrance applause for Rickey each time, I'd say yes. People are still going to see Rickey in the role and they seem to be eating up his performance. Can't say I understand why. I love Evita, but Ricky's performance isn't that good.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#12Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 5:47am

I think ticket sales have proven that Ricky is welcome on b'way.

But it's certainly because of who he is rather than what he does.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#13Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 8:47am

His name is RICKY. Her name is ROGER. Funny no one misspells DiCicco, though....

anmiller07 Profile Photo
anmiller07
#14Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 11:16am

If Elena is not able to extend how do you all think Christina would do as principal Eva?

Visceral_Fella
#15Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 1:08pm

"His name is RICKY. Her name is ROGER. Funny no one misspells DiCicco, though...."

DeCicco*

Updated On: 8/17/12 at 01:08 PM

Born in a Ditch
#16Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 1:14pm

Just a little fun fact. I had a rehearsal at Ripley-Grier the other day and saw Mandy Gonzalez waiting outside the room next to mine. Then, during rehearsal I could clearly hear someone singing Buenos Aires close by. I wouldn't be surprised if she stepped in.

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#17Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 2:14pm

I've just been wondering what the point is of having Michael Cerveris use a latin dialect while Ricky Martin uses a fake American accent. Does anyone know?

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

evic
#18Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/17/12 at 2:28pm

Because this production is poorly directed and misconceived. And weren't there any men in Buenos Aires who were under 6 feet tall? Even most of the women in this look like Amazons. Everything dwarfs Elena who is tiny.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#19Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/19/12 at 2:42am

OR...

Because Michael Cerveris is a good actor and Ricky Martin is not. Seriously, even if you were directed to play a charming everyman, wouldn't you realize that the lyrics DO NOT portray you as that and question your director? I think Grandage is a more talented and theatrically literate man than Senor Martin, so I'm thinking the blame should go to La Vida Ricky.

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#20Duration of Evita Run
Posted: 8/19/12 at 4:01am

They should rename the current revival "Santa Evita."

And for the logo, have a HUGE picture of Elena Roger doing that Judy Garland "A Star Is Born" pose with the hands and a HUGE smile on her face.

I'm sure it will delight Evita fans, just as I was real delighted to see the Cosette logo placed in outer space with silvery, shiny font, with surrounding nebula and star *sparkles* to shake things up a bit. *yawn*

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.
Updated On: 8/19/12 at 04:01 AM

Videos