pixeltracker

2012 Broadway Flea Market Thread- Page 4

2012 Broadway Flea Market Thread

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#752012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 11:42pm

^ They're all over. A lot of tables sell them.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#762012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 11:49pm

First time tomorrow. I am THIS excited!

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#772012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 12:25am

It's my first time going to the event too; very excited!

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#782012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 12:48am

This will be me preparing for tomorrow.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#792012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 11:06am

People at the tables this year are NASTY!

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#802012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 11:44am

You mean the people manning the tables or the customers? Luckily I didn't encounter any nastiness.

I'm back with my loot. Got a windowcard from Other Desert Cities signed by the OBC, souvenir programs from The Book of Mormon and Once, some magnets, a Carrie bracelet, and some little goodies from Once.

Updated On: 9/23/12 at 11:44 AM

willep
#812012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 12:00pm

What kind of goodies did Once have?

Bummed I have to work today and can't make it to the flea market.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#822012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 12:17pm

Any One Man Two Guvs merch anywhere? At work but hoping to go down there in about an hour.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#832012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 12:41pm

Yeah at the tables. Luckily they've mellowed out since they started but first thing, they were just nasty.

I'm home taking a break until this afternoon.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#842012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 12:59pm

Once had coasters unsigned and signed by Steve, and little bracelets with guitar picks used in the show on them.

The scenic/costume design table was my favorite again this year. I picked up 2 signed prints of the Wicked student outfits. Also loved the Phantom table, which was selling a bunch of used props for a buck or two- I bought some of the 'opera' sheet music. Newsies was doing something similar and selling the sketches and papers from the show, but at a bit higher prices.

The Mary Poppins table was another of my favs- selling the 'sweeps' and also some of Gavin's signed taps for just $5.

And of course, there were the usual masses of t-shirts, playbills, etc everywhere else!

Chica- didn't see an One Man Two Guvnors merch anywhere...

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

secondstar2theright Profile Photo
secondstar2theright
#852012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 1:01pm

I've never been, but hopefully next year I can make another trip out to NY for this.. What else do they usually have at the scenic/costume design table?

starstuff makes you what you wanna be! shoop!

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#862012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 1:12pm

Would anyone be willing to pick up a set of Newsies trading cards for me? ( I think they are $20) and/or a Sister Act program?! ... would definitely pay for shipping, and throw in $10 for your trouble!! PM me please! Thanks :)

Updated On: 9/23/12 at 01:12 PM

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#872012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 1:37pm

secondstar- There are a hodgepodge of sketches- some original works and a bunch of high quality reproductions of various costumes and sets from on and off Broadway. Sometimes they even have 3-d models up there. They can go all the way in price from around $200 to about $5 for the reproductions. Not all of the designs are from really well known shows, and there are even some opera and ballet designs in there, but if you're looking to make a more thoughtful unique purchase, I think it's the table to spend money at instead of just swooping up a massive pile of junk elsewhere.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

secondstar2theright Profile Photo
secondstar2theright
#882012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 2:01pm

Katurian2, sounds amazing!! I will definitely check it out when I go!

For now I'll just have to sit here and admire from my computer screen...

starstuff makes you what you wanna be! shoop!

BroadwayChica
#892012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 2:14pm

A friend got me a One Man program for $1. I love the broadway flea market. Reaaally hope they still have the Once coasters when I make it down there.

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#902012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 3:56pm

Back from the flea market. Got a whole lotta junk.

Spend $60 at the TDF table and got one set of tickets to a show that hasn't opened yet.....Don't Go Gentle at The Lucille Lortel.

Three t-shirts for $20, one great green Wicked one.

How To Succeed CD for $1

BC Baseball Cap $10
BC Fabric Box with Broadway Shows all over it to hold playbills $10
Best item: Pencil drawing poster of the Hair tribe done given out opening night (last incarnation) to the cast. Signed in Sharpie by Chloe, the costume designer $5

PlayItAgain
#912012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 3:57pm

Lolieve I got you on the cards!

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#922012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 4:08pm

Anyone willing to get me a "Leap of Faith" poster? Shouldn't be hard to find or cost more than a dollar. (I'm collecting "flop" memorabilia.) I'd also LOVE some merch from "Once" and a mug from "Carrie," if anyone gets extra or has some spare time! Obviously, I'd be happy to pay for shipping plus extra for your trouble!

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#932012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 4:13pm

@PlayItAgain- Thanks! You're awesome!!! :)

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#942012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 4:34pm

Best thing about today: PETER AND THE STARCATCHER windowcard for $1.

Worst thing about today: in line for the "pick a ticket" TDF table and literally got pushed, shoved, and jumped in line more times than I can count. Finally put in $20, got my tickets, and ran away as far as I could. And then I lost. I never win at this table. Even when I "win," it's for PERFECT CRIME or GAZILLION BUBBLE SHOW, so I still end up losing. Happy to give the money to charity, and I acknowledge that I take my chances, but the price you pay is bruised arms and feet from getting elbowed and stepped on. Not sure that I'll be doing this table again in the future. They really need to manage the line better.

Perfect weather today. Seems like, while extremely crowded, everyone had an enjoyable time.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#952012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 4:43pm

Speaking of that pick tickets table, I have 2 tickets to Perfect Crime for October 30. Anyone want them?

Rainbowhigh23
#962012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 5:08pm

Alice Ripley in the photo booth *sigh*

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#972012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 5:19pm

While my magnet search was a total bust, I'm really enjoying hot apple cider from my new $1 Other Desert Cities mug.

Totally agree with you Captain at the TDF pick a ticket booth. I should have known that when the girl in front of me won AND pulled Peter and the Starcatcher tickets that I had no shot at anything good!

BroadwayChica
#982012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 5:36pm

I got a lot of crap. Found some One Man, Two Guvnor tea bag sets, really cute. 2 for $1. And I love me some $1 t-shirts.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#992012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/23/12 at 5:41pm

Back from my first-ever trip to the flea market, and overall I was pretty successful. Got a few really unique playbills, the vocal score of Follies for only $5 and some cheap posters and programs. I just happened to be purchasing a Scottsboro Boys playbill when Josh Henry was stopping by the table, so he autographed it for me and stopped for a photo, which was really cool. Got to meet David Henry Hwang at the Dramatists table too. My mission to find an original Follies playbill went unaccomplished, unfortunately, although I heard that many tables had them when the event began. Next year!