Pippin GMA TOMORROW

gchris11
#1Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/22/13 at 6:24pm

SPECIAL INVITE: Come see us perform tomorrow on Good Morning America during the 8am hour. Meet PIPPIN team members outside GMA at Broadway/44th and get a free PIPPIN t-shirt (while supplies last). Then, see Matthew, Patina, and the rest of our amazing cast perform songs from PIPPIN. Show up early!

tking001
#2Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/22/13 at 6:37pm

Would 8:15 be too late to get a good spot?
I've never been to a GMA performance

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#2Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/22/13 at 7:01pm

Probably...

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#3Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 12:01am

I'll be there at 7am.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#4Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 12:06am

I can't believe that poor cast has to drag their asses to GMA after a two show day. Barbaric. Those poor actors.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 12:46am

They get a nice check for a TV appearance.
New shows have to stay visable and their employment will last longer from these spots.
For some Actors it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience to be in a hot show.
They pace themselves, dancers, actors and circus folk are used to hard work, and they enjoy it.

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#6Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 4:00am

ehhhhhhhh.

All due respect. But have you ever been in the cast of a Broadway show during Tony season?

There's a reason people win Tony Awards and then miss a week of shows right away. They're exhausted. Especially when a show opens late in the season, and so they're expected not to get sick (because voters are coming) while juggling crazy press schedules with the 8-show week, as well as auditions and benefits and concerts that suddenly come up because they're in a "hot" show. And everyone wants you when you're in a hot show.

That said, it is really fun to be in a new show. But if the Pippin cast is performing around 8, that probably means they're at sound check at 6 am, then back to the theatre for hair/makeup/wardrobe, and on and on. They'll get paid a few hundred dollars for it. Doesn't suck--but when you're that tired, sometimes the money just isn't a huge incentive!

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#7Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 6:52am

However, its fun to watch them tweet at 4, 5, 6 o'clock in the morning because they're not usually up at that hour and they're a little slap-happy.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#8Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 7:46am

We were at the Wednesday night show. Ms. Miller rushed - politely - through the Stage Door line - chatting briefly and signing and then was hurried off to a vehicle because as she told people - she had to be at GMA at 5:00 a.m. They also were moving set pieces out of the theatre into a truck. None of the cast seemed put out by the demands of the upcoming early morning television appearance.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#9Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 7:51am

Oh... FK, FK, FK... I forgot to dvr it.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#10Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 8:37am

I just turned on GMA and I think I might have missed the performance. Does anyone know if they performed yet?

GymRat Profile Photo
GymRat
#11Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 8:55am

They performed around 8:50 and were wonderful. Bits of "Corner of the Sky" (outside) then a studio "Magic To Do."

GymRat Profile Photo
GymRat
#12Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 9:01am

By the way, responding to the elphaba.scares.me post, I have been working with theatre actors for nearly 25 years and I don't know one who doesn't adore Tony season. And the financial incentives are great. An actress I worked with last year made 20% of her 2012 take in special appearances the weeks between nomination and award dates. The actors who appeared on GMA this morning would have made the equivalent of an additional week's salary. It's standard and contractual.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#13Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 9:25am

Wow, I can't believe they even attempted "Magic to Do" in a TV studio, and I think it came off pretty well! Even without a curtain to drop, they approximated the big reveal with camera angles. Of course they couldn't recreate all the magic, but that's the number people want to see. I imagine they'll perform it at the Tonys too.

ClydeBarrow
#14Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 9:43am

Fan-frickin-tastic! Now that's how you do a talk show performance. Those Matilda kids should take note.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#15Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 9:48am

I hope they all get to go home now and get some sleep before the performance tonight!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#16Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 10:07am

The morning show schedules are not great for Broadway performers. Monday, they have off. Tuesday, they would have to come in early from their time off. Wednesday, they have 2 shows. Thursday, they just did two shows. Friday is better, I guess, but that's just one of the five possible days.

And if they get a week's worth of pay to do the morning show, that's a minimum of about $1800. That will compensate for a lot of the headache.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#17Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 10:09am

That was an amazing performance by all! I am so glad I was able to catch the show on my trip! Even if I hadn't, this would've made me fly out to see it! Pippin GMA TOMORROW lol.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#18Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 10:20am

You were there in the studio? What fun!

gchris11
#19Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 10:48am

It was so cool. Got a shirt and chatted with Matthew before the crowds showed up around 7 (He was warming up and practicing the shots they were going to do). I very cool way to spend the morning.

Pippin at GMA Updated On: 5/23/13 at 10:48 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#20Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 11:02am

is their performance online anywhere?? I missed it this morning.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

gchris11
#21Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 11:02am

Picture Pippin the Musical Posted on Twitter. I am in the center shot.
Pippin at GMA

MusicalTheatreGeek2 Profile Photo
MusicalTheatreGeek2
ClydeBarrow
#23Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 11:10am

I would like to know how those people got in the studio. I loved seeing Matthew but thought I'd see a little bit more of the actual performance.

gchris11
#24Pippin GMA TOMORROW
Posted: 5/23/13 at 11:22am

I saw them when they were walking on the street, I think the producers just grabbed them and asked if they wanted to be on TV.
More than half the people there had no CLUE about PIPPIN... They were given free shirts and signs and told to SMILE!!!!

I made my own sign.
Updated On: 5/23/13 at 11:22 AM