pixeltracker

MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?- Page 2

MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/15/13 at 3:10pm

^Except for the two fade out tracks. For that reason alone, I wouldn't even nominate it.

TheatreKid3
#26MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/15/13 at 3:12pm

^Touché. But I think "Morning Glow" makes up for it. I can live with the fades.

PositivelyEmerald
#27MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/15/13 at 8:03pm

Just saw the show on Tuesday with Oona as Matilda. It is actually one of my favorite shows ive seen in a while. Having not read the book or seen the movie I was just enthralled with the story.I was actually just talking about this and i'm pleasantly surprised to see they're doing it. Bertie Carvel sounds very different in the way he speaks/ sings most of the lines in the show on broadway when compared to the London recording. Even though it may seem insignificant to some makes it worth it to me personally to have that amazing performance preserved. Of course having a matilda I saw on a recording is great as well.

Ed_Mottershead
#28MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/15/13 at 9:32pm

My comment is the same as the name of this session: Why?

BroadwayEd

Green_Flash
#29MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/15/13 at 9:46pm

When the show goes out for the tour, they will sell lots of OBCRs.

CATSNYrevival
#30MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/15/13 at 9:52pm

^They would have sold the same amount of London cast recordings. Especially since the re-release with the updated artwork didn't specify Broadway or London. It just said Original Cast Recording.

Obviously one (or more) of the producers wants a Broadway cast recording for some reason. From a strictly business perspective it doesn't make any sense to spend money on a new recording which is why you don't often see too many transfers recording a second album these days.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#31MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/15/13 at 10:36pm

Orchestrations were beefed up for Broadway, so I'd love to have these Tony-nominated orchestrations on record. And if it's true about having the Escapologist stories included, that's definitely worth it. The underscoring of those sections are incredible. Anytime a new recording would preserve a Tony-winning or Tony-honored performance (this production has five such performances), I'd welcome it with open arms. (And producers probably want to be eligible for the Grammy.)

If we're talking about immaculately produced albums, Cinderella is tops. It sounds gorgeous and crystalline and it fully captures the feel, energy, and performances of the stage show. It's definitely not produced like a pop album but an old-fashioned cast recording, as it should be. It's probably my favorite of the season so far, however good the others are.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#32MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/16/13 at 10:40am

I don't mind one little bit. It's my favorite score in years and I'm greedy for any recording I can get.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

wickedmonkey33
#33MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/18/13 at 11:11pm

I talked to Lauren Ward about this a few months ago- she said that it was being discussed because THERE WERE SO MANY CHANGES BETWEEN STRATFORD AND BROADWAY. Little things like orchestrations, and big things like an entire verse in Naughty. I personally cannot wait for it- I am sure that they will have some cool bonus tracks, but I think the best thing will be to hear all of the new amazing voices in the cast- John Arthur Greene, The Matildas, JACK BRODERICK, and GABE EBERT, and LESLI FREAKING MARGHERITA!!

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#34MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/19/13 at 11:30pm

It was recorded today, anyone know how they split up the Matildas on the CD?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#35MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/20/13 at 6:04am

The torsos and arms sang the first half and the legs and feet sang the latter half.

....but the world goes 'round

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#37MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/20/13 at 3:59pm

As much as Lauren's songs will most likely sound the same on both recordings, I'm interested to hear how Bertie recorded his songs yesterday since he sings higher on stage than he does on the OCR. Maybe that'll be an interesting difference. I guess we'll see... or, hear, i suppose.

I'd LOVE if there were Craig & Jill bonus tracks!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#38MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/20/13 at 6:23pm

Craig and Jill bonus tracks would be interesting, but if we're talking ideal bonus tracks, the two things I would most like to hear are a few Tim Minchin demos/solo versions of tracks, since he is better known as a singer/songwriter than as a theatrical composer, and an "Escapologist Suite" of the haunting music from Matilda's storytelling sessions.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#39MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/21/13 at 3:53pm

"he sings higher on stage than he does on the OCR"

What do you mean? They didn't change the keys of his songs.

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#40MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/21/13 at 4:04pm

I listen to the OCR... a LOT. When I went to see the show again last month and he started singing "The Hammer," my reaction was "Who the hell is THIS guy?" I don't know how to explain it, but he definitely sounds lower on the OCR.

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#41MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/21/13 at 4:13pm

If a show doesn't get recorded, people bitch and moan. If a show does get recorded, people bitch and moan.

Honestly, what is the drawback to a new recording of the show? You don't want it, don't buy it. Outside of that, why would anyone care? If you're buying music you don't want, it's nobody's fault but your own. That's why I don't have any Marilyn Manson CDs in my house.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#42MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/21/13 at 8:13pm

A lot of silly (in my opinion) posts.

If you don't want to buy the OBCR - don't. Pretty simply. But for those that do want a cast recording with the Broadway cast - how fantastic that someone is footing the bill to record one. Not only are cast albums typically not lucrative - it's not that often that "we" get a US recording if there's a UK recording of the same show that's transferred.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#43MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/21/13 at 8:21pm

I don't get why anyone is complaining or asking WHY? Who cares? I personally will never balk at a new cast recording. There are four new Matildas, Leslie Margherita, and Gabriel Ebert. There have also been tweaks and changes to orchestrations/lyrics. Even if you don't want to buy it, it's not like the don't have a reason to produce a new recording.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#44MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/21/13 at 9:01pm

I happen to greatly prefer the Broadway cast to the London cast, as well as the expanded Broadway orchestrations.

And while a single line is hardly grounds enough for a new album, "Charlotte Bronteey? Do not wanteey!" is a much funnier and more ignorant line than "Harry Potter? What a rotter!"

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#45MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/22/13 at 2:44pm

I cant wait to hear this! I saw them in London and living in Ireland its hard to get to Broadway so i'm excited to see the changes in the show

frankenleeestein
#46MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 8/23/13 at 2:17am

Someone please confirm that Gabriel Ebert indeed recorded with them? I have seen him in zero pictures.

(Acknowledging that this is an odd detail to ponder and putting it atop the list of "things I really do not need to worry about")

CATSNYrevival
#47MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 12:39pm

Amazon has an updated track list. Not sure when it was posted so this might be old news.

1. Overture
2. Miracle
3. Naughty
4. First Acrobat Story
5. School Song
6. Pathetic
7. The Hammer
8. The Chokey Chant
9. Loud
10. This Little Girl
11. Second Acrobat Story
12. Bruce
13. Telly
14. When I Grow Up
15. Third Acrobat Story
16. I'm Here (Fourth Acrobat Story)
17. The Smell Of Rebellion
18. Quiet
19. My House
20. Chalk Writing
21. Revolting Children
22. Bows

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#48MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 2:05pm

This is new, actually! Very exciting! I am friends with one of the album producers and they want to make it the most complete preservation of the MATILDA book/score/story as possible. Really looking forward to this. Maybe the 4 Acrobat stories are recited by the 4 different Matildas! :)

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#49MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 2:59pm

^That's a very good observation, and it wouldn't surprise me if that is the case. I am also curious to see which girl will take which songs.