pixeltracker

Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show- Page 2

Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/18/13 at 6:21am

Bullying? Really? Oy. If the person wants to say NO, that's on them.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Brian07663NJ
#26Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/18/13 at 9:04am

Why not at Chicago? So what that all the women 'possibly' killed their husbands. You're not technically marries...yet.

Seriously...not to rain on your parade. This has been done before SO many times. Give the lady a chance to not feel pressured in front of an audience of people. This is a romantic moment and not a public event.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#27Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/18/13 at 9:44am

I think the universe is telling you that this is not a good idea.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#28Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/18/13 at 11:36am

"I think the universe is telling you that this is not a good idea."

Actually it seems that the "I don't have time for your romantic gesture" members of this board are who's telling him this.

1) A proposal takes like 30 seconds. It is not going to kill anyone to stand in the audience and be respectful while they have their special moment (or to leave if you want!).
2) While the points made about "What if she wants to say no?" or "It should be private" are valid for those making the comments, I believe this person and their s.o. are the only ones this matters to.
3) Stop telling this person how to propose!

A public engagement may not be desired by everyone, but if they think their girl would love it, they know better than anyone here.

Good grief.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#29Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/18/13 at 11:45am

I love that a proposal takes 30 seconds. You think people just rush out say "will you marry me?" and then rush off the stage? That's not the case. Look at this gay proposal from CINDERELLA. No one wants to sit through your personal crap!
Cinderfellas Propose

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Liza's Headband
#30Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/18/13 at 11:51am

"3) Stop telling this person how to propose! "

Seeing as this person opened themselves up for feedback, advice, and scrutiny by posting on a public message board, I would suggest this is a completely moot point. The OP began by asking about a Broadway proposal... So... I'm not sure how you can then turn around and tell us not to offer that advice.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#31Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/18/13 at 12:44pm

This person never said they're going to do some 15 minute production for their proposal. Every public proposal I've seen was literally "Will you marry me?" "Yes!" *kiss and applause*

They asked for how they should go about arranging a proposal at a show, not whether or not they should or what everyone thinks about it.

However, I retract everything I've said, given I clearly forgot what message board I was posting on. :p

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#32Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/18/13 at 2:16pm

"1) A proposal takes like 30 seconds. It is not going to kill anyone to stand in the audience and be respectful while they have their special moment (or to leave if you want!)."

I'm not sure why that event demands respect from the audience.

Anyway, there are varying opinions posted in this thread. Some of us were pro and some con to the subject brought up by the OP. Nothing wrong with that.

p.s. If you know a message board that isn't like this one, please let me know because I doubt if one exists. They're all the same.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

fbueller
#33Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/19/13 at 3:22pm

It's really a shame that "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" has closed. This would have been the perfect venue.

Brian07663NJ
#34Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 12/20/13 at 9:24am

Although not everyone is talented enough to write their own video game it is possible to come up with a personal proposal and then share it afterwards.
Romantic proposal link to story and video

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#35Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/11/16 at 8:30am

Hi. I'm going to see the King and I this Sunday with my prom date, and I wanted to try and plan a promposal in that same form as these wedding proposals. Does anyone have an incite on how to do this for this such show? Thanks so much!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#36Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/11/16 at 8:50am

No, but they might have some insight.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#37Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/11/16 at 9:05am

If the person you're going with is already your prom date, why do you need to plan a promposal? Isn't a promposal to ask someone to go to prom?

...I am so old.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#38Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/11/16 at 9:37am

^they probably already know they are going with eachother, but they haven't asked eachother yet. Also that proposal for Daniel josh green from his boyfriend was so perfect and so cute. I want to be proposed to that way! Also they are both HOT

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#39Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/11/16 at 9:53am

My fiancé propose to me on a Broadway stage last may. :) It was actually very intimate, because we're friends with an actor, so we went backstage after the show was done and he took me on the stage after everyone had left. It was just us, the ghost light, and our friend filming (though I discovered he was there later!). I don't know if I'd have liked a public proposal with all the audience still there.

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#40Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/11/16 at 10:10am

The world doesn't think promposals are important.  I would think they would not entertain the idea.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

tripelite Profile Photo
tripelite
#41Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/11/16 at 10:13pm

This thread reminds me of my favorite Broadway-style marriage proposal.  It was at the end of an ASCAP concert in LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwHQXpwuC28

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#43Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/12/16 at 12:03am

Chicago is a GREAT idea LOL

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#44Marriage proposal during or after a Broadway show
Posted: 4/12/16 at 5:27am

I'd rather watch 2 people fight over the spoils from a divorce--average length of a marriage[except for Roxy] is 4. something years anyway so why bother?

No---I'm not bitter...................