pixeltracker

BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!- Page 2

BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#25BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 2:13pm

Me too, what a gorgeous song. The new playbill is really pretty, and I hope people go back to see it, with all the new promo codes and all. They are killing it and need to be open as long as possible BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!

matineeidol2591
#26BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 2:47pm

Anyone have a shot of the new playbill? Also, does anyone know of other ways to listen to that 'Wondering' download? :)

Sutton Ross
#27BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 2:53pm

Just promise me you'll buy the cast recording BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!

Wondering

avyrocks
avyrocks
#29BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 3:03pm

More like promise you'll see the show again. :)

Sutton Ross
hanabana
#31BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 4:53pm

Love the new Playbill! This show is so beautiful, I would really love to see it again. Hopefully I get to!

DeNada
#32BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 5:00pm

Oh good god, most of this score is ridiculously good, isn't it? I mean, yes, Marge's number is ridiculous and pointless, and some of the choral moments are super-cheesy, but to think that Wondering is not even the best number in the show and yet still sounds so glorious... wow.

I'll try not to think about the lyrics too much (as wonderful as the sentiment sounds, what does "you and I are just one second and a million miles to go" mean? Robert sings it as if it's some kind of beautiful, passionate declaration of love and that they must be together, but the words suggest that even he knows they can't be together...) and just wrap myself up in the music.

Maybe I'll go and see this again at the weekend if it means a free cast album too. In the meantime, I'll just listen to Wondering again...

Sutton Ross
#33BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 5:10pm

You totally should, but not all the promo codes will give you the free download for the cast album. It's a specific one. I've been listening to the five songs on SoundCloud every day since they were released. Magical.

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#34BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 5:18pm

Holy new Playbill!
Love it! I NEED to see this again and hopefully soon!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#35BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/4/14 at 5:43pm

Love "Wondering" so much. So pumped for this recording.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#36BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:39pm

It's up on itunes now, but it says "partial album" for some reason.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/bridges-madison-county-original/id854595512

avyrocks
#37BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:49pm

Is there no way to buy the whole album? It's only letting me buy songs individually.

Sutton Ross
#38BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:05am

It just got to iTunes, check tomorrow and the full album should be available to buy. I can't for them to send me my free download tomorrow! BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#39BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:06am

Same here. It's after midnight and still listed as a partial album. The missing song is "One Second and a Million Miles"...

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

CoreyRyan3
#40BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:13am

This recording is absolutely stunning.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#41BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:13am

Of course, the best song in the score is missing.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#42BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:19am

Well, either way, you shouldn't buy the album one song at a time, it's usually way more expensive that way...

Sutton Ross
#43BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:25am

Yup. Wait til tomorrow if you can! BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#44BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:26am

Sutton, I just got my Sh-K-Boom e-mail!

Sutton Ross
#45BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:35am

OMFG I JUST GOT IT. Holy God, it sounds SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Agree?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#46BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:39am

Didn't get a chance to listen yet. Still watching TV after attending a reading tonight...

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#47BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:44am

Oh God, it's absolutely stunning! This is the type of score that makes me believe in Broadway again. I was never a huge fan of Jason Robert Brown's work, but this is best score yet, by a long shot! Yes, there are a few numbers where I remember why I never liked him, but all of Kelli O'hara's solos and the duets with Pasquale are gorgeous. I've appeased myself in the wait for "One Second and A Million Miles" by purchasing those songs, and I'm in heaven! Can't wait for the entire album to be available. How long should that be?

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir
Updated On: 4/15/14 at 12:44 AM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#48BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:08am

Probably by tomorrow morning, and usually they come with a digital booklet. Maybe that's why it's partial?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#49BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:27am

I have always wondered about the different between the EW streaming and the albums for purchase...?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "