pixeltracker

BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!- Page 4

BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#75BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 3:01pm

That might be a good idea. It may not tour at all.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#76BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 3:06pm

If this closes in the next two months, no one's going to pay for it to tour, typically.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
MeowCookie
#78BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 3:46pm

"iv) The switch from 3/4 to 7/4 (I think) in The World Inside A Frame - Pasquale's palpable excitement at catching whatever it is he sees in the backdrop reflected in the fragmented lyrics and the section "there! there! it's like all you didn't know that you were waiting for was just outside the frame!" - it's an obvious metaphor for his relationship with Francesca but it's musically so exciting. The return to this staccato pattern when he starts photographing her is also fascinating. "

Nice catch! I didn't even notice the 7 till you pointed it out, but I think it's a switch from 6/8 to 7/8. I could be wrong. I guess we'll see soon, as I hear JRB is working on the vocal selections release :)

I have to really commend the mixing and vocal engineering work on this recording. It's one of the first major recordings in the last few years that hasn't been marred by severe vocal overcompression and pitch correction (Big Fish, for example, has overt use of Melodyne on all vocals). The only time I detected pitch correction was on Caitlin Kinnuen's vocals in "Home Before You Know It", where the voice goes a bit metallic and the pitch gets unnaturally wavered back to pitch mid-word at "farm". Otherwise, it's a beautiful, dynamic, resonant recording and I couldn't be happier with how well it captures the show and the orchestrations.

Looking forward to reading deconstructions on the orchestration and arrangements - someone on twitter identified the single repeating note signifying Francesca's loneliness and how it becomes a triad when she seeks her solace in Robert.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#79BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 3:52pm

I haven't been able to stop listening to this recording since Friday when it popped up on Entertainment Weekly. I'm still getting chills even after listening to several songs for the umpteeenth time. There's something about this music that's really getting to me.

Haven't felt this way since I first picked up the Light in the Piazza and Caroline, or Change CDs.

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#80BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 4:14pm

Saw the show on Saturday night and bought the album yesterday as soon as it came out. I can't stop listening to "One second and a million miles". So beautiful. And my boyfriend, whom I dragged to the show on Saturday, also bought the album yesterday. I was happy he got so touched by the show as well. :)

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#81BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 4:33pm

Hey Valeposh, how was the crowd on Saturday night? I just need to believe they are doing better BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#82BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 4:39pm

"I just need to believe they are doing better"

Don't read the weekly grosses then. ;-(

Sutton Ross
promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#84BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:10pm

^Ditto.

I can't get the lines "I know it ain't easy, this is a long road" from the song "You're Never Alone" out of my head! The song is SO catchy and it actually made me emotional listening to it today! This is why I need to see shows more than once, so I can actually remember the scenes.

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#85BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:26pm

Sutton Ross- I was in the orchestra and it was all full except for the last two rows, which were mostly empty. Can't really tell as for the mezzanine and balcony. It was a very enthusiastic audience though, a good 3-4 minutes standing ovation at the end. Sad to see this show doing bad in grosses, it deserves better.

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#86BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:37pm

"Always Better" just came on while I was on the subway and basically went on an emotional rollercoaster. One of my favorite songs in the musical theatre cannon.

Typically the shows I like don't win anything, but I don't think there's a score that came close to this this season.

I just hope the Tony votes don't reward Gentlemen's Guide for score.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#87BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 11:45pm

Great music in this show, and Kelli is always brilliant.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#88BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/17/14 at 9:08am

I have to echo the sentiment mentioned about "Who We Are And Who We Want To Be"

I had it on at work just in the background as I was doing a bunch of things, but when Kelli started that vocal reprise of "State Road 21", then Steve joined in, then the ensemble and it crescendos into this gorgeous wall of sound-- I had to stop what I was doing. I was mesmerized. Absolutely beautiful.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

Sutton Ross
#89BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/18/14 at 12:14am

Whoa, it got to #20 of ALL albums and it's the #3 cast recording on iTunes right now! BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!

Updated On: 4/18/14 at 12:14 AM

avyrocks
#90BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/18/14 at 12:20am

It got to #14 at one point.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#91BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/18/14 at 12:30am

It seemed to get to #13

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#92BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/18/14 at 12:43am

Does anyone else think "Always Better" sounds a little like "Colors of the Wind" or something Pochahantas-ey. The verses I mean.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#93BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/18/14 at 2:00am

A lot of the score is reminiscent of something else. Especially the parts where the singers vocalize in place of actual lyrics which always makes me want to switch over to Light in the Piazza.

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#94BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/18/14 at 3:22pm

I wanted to chime in. I finally purchases this yesterday before commuting into the city from CT, and I think I've listened to it in its entirety about six times since. Stunning recording! The orchestrations sound amazing, and all of the vocals are great. I want to go back to see this sung live ASAP.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for these TONY nominations! I think this album should be considered for a GRAMMY based on the producing, but it might be out of sight and out of mind at that point. I hope that won't be the case.

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

Okiekat Profile Photo
Okiekat
#95BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 4/21/14 at 11:34am

I've been listening to the music since Saturday. It's just so beautiful and emotional. Planning to see the show again. Especially want to hear Steven Pasquale sing "It All Fades Away", but every song is gorgeous.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#96BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
Posted: 5/1/14 at 11:48am

Just an FYI that the CD is available at the theater for $25