willrogers2008
#1The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 12:16pm

Any thoughts?

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#2The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 12:21pm

It will run until the producers decide it is no longer profitable and it will close.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#2The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 12:21pm

If it sells a good % of tickets, it will stay open.

When it stops selling a certain % of tickets, it will close.

CoreyRyan3
#3The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 12:24pm

The BWW users love to prove that they're witty.

Personally, my guess it that it will run for a little under a year. I mean, there's no telling, but I don't think it will last too long unless they get stellar big name replacements.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#4The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 12:27pm

“The BWW users love to prove that they’re witty.”

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#5The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 12:28pm

There's nothing very witty about our responses.

Especially to a non question. What aspect of the future? The length of the run? Future cast replacements? Future awards? Future box office? Future touring plans? If they had asked after the grosses were posted for the week, they could speculate on it being higher or lower than they expected... but you ask none of that, you get vagueness.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#6The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 12:32pm

We're not psychics here, you know. (I am not, I know that.)

I think a lot depends on the awards season and how Bullets does, as well as the new crop of shows coming in the fall. If it makes enough money, it will last. If it doesn't, it will close. It's really that simple.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#7The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 12:34pm

I'm guessing they will at least see what will happen at the Tonys and decide from there

Updated On: 4/14/14 at 12:34 PM

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#8The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 1:40pm

Count me among those who think that this question, posed four days after the show opened, is preposterous. It's not like Bullets was universally panned. It received rave reviews from a fair number of widely read critics (the AP, USA Today, Time, the WSJ, the Chicago Tribune and EW to name some not all.). What I expect will happen is that the show will use the bounty of great pull quotes it has from those reviews and go on an aggressive marketing campaign that will likely last through the Tonys. And speaking of the Tonys, the race is wide open, and who knows, it's not the craziest idea in the world to think that Bullets could walk away with the prize. I'm not saying it's likely, just that it's possible. Plus, when it comes to musicals, the most important thing is not a review in the NYT, but word of mouth. If people who see the show and tell their friends to go see it, it could run for a long time. Or, it could close in September.

I guess we will all have to wait and see, won't we?

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#9The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 2:26pm

The grosses from last week will not even be a good indication of ticket sales since it was opening and critic's week, lots of papering. But I do think they will advertise aggressively, but that doesn't usually help if word of mouth is poor.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#10The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 2:44pm

^ I agree with you.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#11The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 3:39pm

I had no interest in seeing this show. I saw it based on word of mouth. Unfortunately I shoulda gone with my initial instinct. No one will be seeing it based on words from MY mouth!!!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

Simon Damon
#12The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 6:20pm

But Aladdin got better reviews and that's saying something

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#13The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 6:26pm

"I had no interest in seeing this show. I saw it based on word of mouth. Unfortunately I shoulda gone with my initial instinct. No one will be seeing it based on words from MY mouth!!!"

Same here! Ugh, a waste of time. I need to stop listening to what people say...

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

homeimp
#14The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 6:30pm

Do what I do. See what you most want to see. I rarely let myself down!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#15The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 6:31pm

Well even with a lot of comps from opening night, they had a pretty solid week last week.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#16The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 8:29pm

I can't read your mind Willrogers2008 but I presume you have been interested and activly following all and any report on this show. Think you are just throwing it out there to see what sort of legs that a show like this might have. Bullets has an incredible mix of the old time musical characters and mostly recognisable music-good or bad idea, that non theatre regular would enjoy-not much thinking[not an insult] but lots of fun. There are many artists that could keep this running for years, touring and on Broadway .

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#17The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 8:39pm

The future of BULLETS ?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#18The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 9:48pm

Ridiculous question.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

willrogers2008
#19The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 10:59pm

"I can't read your mind Willrogers2008 but I presume you have been interested and activly following all and any report on this show. Think you are just throwing it out there to see what sort of legs that a show like this might have."

Dear friend: I do not live in the United States but since CRAZY FOR YOU, I've been attending all Susan Stroman shows (including HAPPINESS and BIG FISH). So, I am looking foward to seeing BULLETS next September when my sister will have a serious surgery and I will be in New York to assist her. I can not leave my Country before this date.So, that's the reason of my question, I've been waiting for BULLETS OVER BROADWAY since the first news about it.I am very sorry for any inconvenience my question had in the group. Thank you.

Liza's Headband
#20The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:00pm

THIS September or NEXT September???

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#21The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:11pm

Willrogers--You do realise-unlike others who have responded-that I supported your question?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#22The future of BULLETS ?
Posted: 4/15/14 at 12:17am

I just saw the TV commercial which looks really good, so maybe you have a chance.