pixeltracker

What's next at the Winter Garden?- Page 2

What's next at the Winter Garden?

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#25What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 3:05pm

The word on the street is that Back to the Future is going there, but that Andrew Lloyd Webber DESPERATELY wants it for Cinderella to do his revolving stage thing. 

Personally, I would give it to neither of those shows. Leave ALW in the Imperial and put Back to the Future in the Broadway. Find something better for the WInter Garden. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#26What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 3:13pm

jkcohen626 said: "The word on the street is that Back to the Future is going there, but that Andrew Lloyd Webber DESPERATELY wants it for Cinderella to do his revolving stage thing.

Personally, I would give it to neither of those shows. Leave ALW in the Imperial and put Back to the Future in the Broadway. Find something better for the WInter Garden.
"

The revolving seats used for Cinderella in London is not something that can be duplicated in any Broadway house. It is a feature extremely unique to the Gillian Lynne Theatre alone.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Phantom4ever
#27What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 3:30pm

The Imperial had the Les Miz revolve from 1990-2003. Why can't the Cinderella revolve work there too?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#28What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 3:44pm

Phantom4ever said: "The Imperial had the Les Miz revolve from 1990-2003. Why can't the Cinderella revolve work there too?"

It's more than just a revolve built into the deck... In London the Gillian Lynne Theatre has a section of actual seats in the theatre that are able to rotate. They used this feature for Cats there and, most recently, Cinderella. It's not something that can be replicated easily in another theatre without a ton of renovations being done (which is possible, I suppose, but not likely).

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

A.J.
#29What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 3:46pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Phantom4ever said: "The Imperial had the Les Miz revolve from 1990-2003. Why can't the Cinderella revolve work there too?"

It's more than just a revolve built into the deck... In London the Gillian Lynne Theatre has a section of actual seats in the theatre that are able to rotate. They used this feature forCatsthere and, most recently,Cinderella. It's not something that can be replicated easily in another theatre without a ton of renovations being done (which is possible, I suppose, but not likely).
"

The revolve effect can be seen briefly in this TT: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNotd7wk/

spicemonkey
#30What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 4:56pm

jkcohen626 said: "The word on the street is that Back to the Future is going there, but that Andrew Lloyd Webber DESPERATELY wants it for Cinderella to do his revolving stage thing.

"

Yes  Find something better for the WInter Garden. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#31What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 5:08pm

It wouldn't work. The audience would have to be the same height as the stage. 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#32What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 5:31pm

RippedMan said: "It wouldn't work. The audience would have to be the same height as the stage."

Andrew Lloyd Webber would probably seethe "THEN MAKE THEM TALLER!"

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#33What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 9/13/22 at 6:35pm

That means you'd have to elevate the entire orchestra section, or do what they did for the Tupac musical and make it stadium seating, which I'm sure would be costly. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#34What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/16/22 at 10:49am

anything new on this? could Joseph end up taking this theatre?

BoringBoredBoard40
#35What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/16/22 at 10:01pm

hasn't it been assumed this is where Back to The Future is going 

Markecib
#36What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:05pm

Back to the Future tickets go on sale Friday at 10am so we’ll get confirmation then or at least be able to tell by the seating chart.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#37What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:11pm

It’s definitely Back to the Future for the Winter Garden. 

broadwayben3
#38What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:18pm

do we have dates yet?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#39What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:21pm

I guess we'll find out Friday, or maybe Thursday when the insiders on these boards will probably get emails about on-sale dates.

Oh look, a bibu!

BCfitasafiddle
#40What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:24pm

Are we anticipating them trying to get into this season? Or will they wait till later Summer 2023 months? I think it would be wise to wait till next season. 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#41What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:43pm

Casting notices say summer 2023 for BTTF

SouthernCakes
#42What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:45pm

Summer. Which seems an odd time.

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#43What's next at the Winter Garden?
Posted: 10/17/22 at 6:09pm

SouthernCakes said: "Summer. Which seems an odd time."

More tourists, especially international tourists perhaps?