#25Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 1/24/15 at 6:29pm

Sardi's Caricatures

Well you'll never be able to guess who this is

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#26Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 1/24/15 at 6:39pm

^I just saw that. And it makes me mad as hell. Looks NOTHING like her.

Hairspray0901
#27Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 1/24/15 at 6:42pm

I don't think that looks ANYTHING like Jessie! I couldn't believe when I saw the article. Damn shame.

As for recent ones, I noticed Judy McLane's looks pretty similar but other that, everything else is pretty poor.

resembles this headshot of her: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/440579955840131072/u9RmyWsQ.jpeg

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#28Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 1/25/15 at 1:12am

Lordy they just keep getting worse!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#29Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 3/29/15 at 9:15am

Sardi's Caricatures

Sienna Miller, smiling gamely

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

VintageSnarker
#30Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 3/29/15 at 8:45pm

What are they even doing? The face is so long... more like Sarah Jessica Parker or Celine Dion. It's not like drawing caricatures on the boardwalk. If you mess up, just start over.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#31Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 3/29/15 at 9:06pm

Oh my god the one of NPH is positively dreadful. They used to actually resemble the people, what happened??

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#32Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 3/29/15 at 9:17pm

^Really?! His is actually one of the better ones. You can tell who it's supposed to be.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#33Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 3/29/15 at 10:03pm

You can tell that it's kind of supposed to be him, but it's not good.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#34Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 3/30/15 at 1:15am

Sardi's Caricatures

These are not caricatures. They don't even make for good portraits because the likeliness is so poor. I was Justin 'Squigs' Robertson was doing the Sardi's caricatures. I love his work.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#35Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 3/30/15 at 1:16am

Sardi's Caricatures

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#36Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 4/29/15 at 11:58am

Elizabeth Moss holding a caricature of Nicole Kidman.

Sardi's Caricatures

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#37Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 4/29/15 at 12:04pm

Sardi's Caricatures

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#38Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 4/29/15 at 12:07pm

"Elizabeth Moss holding a caricature of Nicole Kidman. "

Haha! Spot on! Someone posted a picture on Instagram mostly to laud her inscription, "This is for Wendy, my heroine for the 21st," which is lovely, but all I could think of was nice drawing, I guess I never realized Elisabeth Moss looked like that.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

gmhots
#39Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 4/29/15 at 1:36pm

Natalie Morales?

Random brunette sorority girl?

VintageSnarker
#40Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 4/29/15 at 2:58pm

For real though, Sutton Foster... what are they even doing?

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#41Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 4/29/15 at 3:39pm

"These are not caricatures. They don't even make for good portraits because the likeliness is so poor. I was Justin 'Squigs' Robertson was doing the Sardi's caricatures. I love his work."

Amen! They aren't caricatures OR portraits. If the artist isn't going to do the exaggerated caricature style, at least draw something that actually looks like the person.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Tom5
#42Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 4/29/15 at 8:27pm

Exactly. Neither. There's a guy who works from a bench outside the Central Park Zoo who would be worth looking up. But I doubt he has the proper "connections".

theatreguy12
#43Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 4/29/15 at 8:49pm

I thought Lauper was holding up a picture of Dolly Parton.  A not-so-great caricature of Dolly Parton, but one nonetheless.  First thing I thought was Nine to Five.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#44Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/8/15 at 11:14am

Sardi's Caricatures

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#45Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/8/15 at 12:20pm

Paul Rudd's looks more like Jonathan Groff!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/8/15 at 12:22pm

Why is Bradley Cooper holding a picture of Clay Aiken?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#47Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/8/15 at 12:25pm

I've never been to Sardi's, do the portraits have a little description saying who it's supposed to be?  Or is it some sad game of "Guess Who?" that no one ever wins?

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#48Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/8/15 at 12:53pm

^I  don't think so, but all the stars sign the portraits so if you can read or recognize the signature, that's your answer. 

VintageSnarker
#49Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/8/15 at 1:30pm

"Why is Bradley Cooper holding a picture of Clay Aiken?"

I see a little James Marsden in there.