pixeltracker

Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open This December!- Page 3

Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open This December!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#50Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 4:04pm

And he's cute as a button, so that doesn't hurt.

evic
#51Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 4:37pm

I find Jessica annoying....but she is a better choice that the more annoying Rosie- that casting was a sick joke.  If she is Jewish, at least she has some yiddishkeit.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#52Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 5:07pm

Kantor is MUCH more suited for Perchik. Odd casting.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#53Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 6:13pm

Technically they're all too old for their roles.  In an orthodox Jewish family, they would be getting married from approx 18-22 years of age.  Tevye & Golde could easily be 30-35 with 5 children (except in the show they have been together for 25 years).

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#54Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 7:14pm

I can't imagine that most shetl-dwelling 45-year-olds looked younger than Burstein and Hecht do at 50.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#55Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 8:51pm

Removed as I have been rightly corrected by the Distinctive Baritone.

Updated On: 7/1/15 at 08:51 PM

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#56Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 9:14pm

What are you talking about? Fyedka is the Gentile, not Perchik.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#57Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/1/15 at 1:30am

I hate when people bring up actual age. I have no clue what his ACTUAL age is. All I know is he READS older. He just played Jamie in Last 5 Years, which is a man who has gone through a freaking divorce and here he's playing some naive tailor? I don't buy it. I have no interest in seeing this anyway, but it just seems like odd casting considering all the other possibilities. I don't think it'll be a bad show, but how could you possibly reinvent this show and make me want to pay 100+ to see it? 

LarryD2
#58Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/1/15 at 6:09am

I hate when people bring up actual age. I have no clue what his ACTUAL age is. All I know is he READS older. He just played Jamie in Last 5 Years, which is a man who has gone through a freaking divorce and here he's playing some naive tailor?

It drives me crazy when people on here try to judge an actor's entire ability based on one role. So he reads older to YOU based on one performance you saw? That has no bearing on the performance he may/will give here. That's why it's called "acting". He's an actor -- he'll act younger. 

Updated On: 7/1/15 at 06:09 AM

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#59Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/1/15 at 7:33am

"That's why it's called "acting". He's an actor -- he'll act younger."

Yeah! Katharine Cornell acted younger when she played Juliet at 42, Candida at 53, and Cleopatra at 54. (Or so I hear...)

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#60Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/1/15 at 7:51am

At the Shaw Festival I once saw a matinee of "Peter Pan" (Barrie's original play) with the most persuasive Wendy I could imagine. I mean, I knew she wasn't 12 or whatever, but I assumed she must have been a recent college grad. That evening I saw her as Myra Arundel in "Hay Fever"--turns out she was around 40.

Good actors well cast can play pretty much any age, I think.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#61Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/1/15 at 8:25am

I would've loved to see Josh Grisetti as Motel, now that It Shoulda Been You is closing.

Hecht is wonderful casting, though.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

buhbuhbilly Profile Photo
buhbuhbilly
#62Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/3/15 at 8:47pm

I know Judy Kuhn was in consideration for Golde, which would have been cool I think! I'm excited to see Hecht-great choice :) 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#63Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/3/15 at 9:43pm

"I would've loved to see Josh Grisetti as Motel, now that It Shoulda Been You is closing.
Hecht is wonderful casting, though."

Josh Grisetti is actually going to do Prince of Broadway in Japan, but I agree--he would have been a dynamite Motel.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#64Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/3/15 at 10:02pm

Jackie Hoffman for Yente please

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#66Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/4/15 at 12:01pm

Oh I don't think they will let Hoffman near the role of Yente with a ten foot pole.  Don't get me wrong - I think she's a laugh, but her exaggerated and unpredictable shtick would be a distraction from the tone of the overall show.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

nasty_khakis
#67Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/4/15 at 1:07pm

Jackie is 100% capable of sticking to a script and listening to a director.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#68Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/4/15 at 2:38pm

You would have to convince Bart Sher of that. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#69Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/5/15 at 9:37pm

Nice casting so far, can't wait to hear about the rest. I wonder what Michael Yeargan's set design for FIDDLER ON THE ROOF will look like.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#70Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/5/15 at 9:42pm

Maybe it's because I am very unfamiliar with her, but I was a tad saddened by the Golde casting news. I was really hoping for someone I knew (in my heart, at least...) would be an ideal choice. Like Andrea Martin was in the last revival. But I do hope that Jessica Hecht will prove me wrong!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#71Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 1:32am

What about Andrea Martin for Yentel?

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#72Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 1:38am

She would be great, but she's doing Noises Off during the same exact time of Fiddler on the Roof

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#73Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 5:52am

"Maybe it's because I am very unfamiliar with her, but I was a tad saddened by the Golde casting news. I was really hoping for someone I knew (in my heart, at least...) would be an ideal choice. Like Andrea Martin was in the last revival. But I do hope that Jessica Hecht will prove me wrong!"

You make it sound as if she's some newcomer they plucked off the street. You're aware she's a Tony-nominated actress, right?

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#74Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 6:35am

I just got my tickets.  There is a lot not being sold right now and the mezzanine and balcony are practically empty.  I was able to snag Orch row D, 107 and 108.  What have you all gotten for seats?

Updated On: 7/6/15 at 06:35 AM

Videos