pixeltracker

THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today- Page 2

THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#25THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 6/30/15 at 11:33pm

I need to hear Jason sing that song again!!!!! 

LW2
#26THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/1/15 at 1:24am

After hearing the, ahem, official recording, I'm truly surprised that more was not made of John Riddle's performance.  I have no idea what he was actually like in the show, but his vocals are stunning.  Quite the instrument that man has.  

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#27THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/1/15 at 1:26am

"After hearing the, ahem, official recording, I'm truly surprised that more was not made of John Riddle's performance.  I have no idea what he was actually like in the show, but his vocals are stunning.  Quite the instrument that man has.  "

He was phenomenal in the show. He and Michelle Veintimilla as the younger Anton and Claire were omnipresent throughout the show, and he was one of my favorite parts of the entire thing. I hope he does great things!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 7/1/15 at 01:26 AM

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#28THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/1/15 at 1:31am

I am also surprised that there wasn't a little more of the crucial dialogue, which is my only real complaint. I especially would have loved bits in the trial recreation. And her memories of the town's cruelty.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#29THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/1/15 at 12:11pm

I couldn't wait any longer and bought it. Wow. Sounds amazing!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#30THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/2/15 at 3:33pm

"In The Forest Again" is one of K&E's most brilliant compositions. Wow, what a song. 

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#31THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 12:12am

Is anyone here planning on going to the Barnes and Noble performance and CD signing?  VanDean was indeed correct that it is both a performance and signing, and Barnes and Noble has announced the following attendees:

Chita Rivera, Tom Nelis, Mary Beth Peil, George Abud, John Riddle, Michelle Veintimilla, and Chris Newcomer, with special guests John Kander and Graciela Daniele.

http://stores.barnesandnoble.com/event/88026-0

I really want to go and will definitely leave work early in order to get there, but its a wristband event so I'm not sure if I will be able to get a spot.  Has anyone gone to one of these events in the evening and can comment on how the crowds have been?  All three signings I've attended were in the afternoon (as the cast always had an evening performance).  I'm wondering if people from NYC will go get their wristbands at 10:00 and therefore take all of the slots before I get there at 4:00 in the afternoon... Thoughts?  

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 12:17am

For these things, I always go up there early and get the wristband some point in the morning/early afternoon.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#33THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 12:48am

Thanks, Jordan!  That's what I thought would happen, so I think I'll play it by ear and check with B&N before I decide to head into NYC.  It sounds like it's going to be a great experience, though!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#34THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 1:03am

Just downloaded the recording and absolutely love it. Such a rich and complex score, but still with that Kander & Ebb stamp on it. I can feel Chita's performance...I can only imagine what it was like onstage. 

I'm thrilled that Tesori has a well-deserved Tony, but I really wish THE VISIT would've taken Best Score now.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ArtMan
#35THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 7:21am

PianoMann, Two years ago I received my wristband for Mathew Morrison late in the afternoon and was still number 20 in line.  It was not a performance.  Just a cd signing. Just saying, if you cannot get there early, it may not be a total bust.

Updated On: 7/3/15 at 07:21 AM

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#36THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 8:13am

It's really a beautiful recording, too bad they didn't include some dialogues.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#37THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 1:21pm

Thanks for the feedback, ArtMan! I'll definitely give it a shot.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#38THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 5:48pm

This score is so staggeringly wonderful I can barely take it.

Chita + Kander + Ebb + Eeriness = Everything

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#39THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 5:49pm

Didn't see the show, barely remember seeing the film on TV 50 years ago.

Absolutely love the album! I don't know what happened on the Tony Awards; after listening to the album, I can't even figure out what song they were singing.

It's true the plot isn't entirely clear without any supporting dialogue, but if one has been reading threads here on the show, one can figure out what is happening in the songs.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#40THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 6:59pm

I think that the only reason why this didn't win best score is because they didn't have enough time to properly digest it.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#41THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/3/15 at 8:20pm

I don't think it really ever had a chance at winning for score. 

THE VISIT score is a masterwork but the sheer force of FUN HOME left it in the dust. Both are pretty magnificent scores in my book, but for entirely different reasons. The fact these two shows shared a season is remarkable in itself.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#42THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
Posted: 7/7/15 at 5:51pm

BroadwayWorld just debuted a really great 12 minute video of the cast in the studio making the cast recording with tons of interviews!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=1052079

Brian07663NJ
#43THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 9:36am

Great video! Wish that was available as part of the marketing of the show!!

Decided to get my CD/wristband before heading to work. There were more than a dozen people waiting to get in Barnes & Nobles at 8:50am when I arrived. Was wondering if this was in fact going to be a popular event. Great. Doors opened, more people had arrived and the larger crowd entered to quickly make their way down the stairs. ALL but 3 went in the direction of a table of POP Comic Con plastic boxed figures. HA

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#44THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 9:44am

Thanks for the update, Brian!  I'm hoping it is a popular event for the cast and creatives, but I'm also hoping it's not popular enough so that when I get there at 4:30 I'll be able to snag a wristband and attend.  I'm going to call B&N before leaving for the city and I'll update the thread with their response for those who also can't go until after work.

Brian07663NJ
#45THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 9:49am

No need to go to the CD department all the way down the second escalator/stairs. The registers on the '1st' floor (after you go down the escalators/stairs from the street make a right turn - right there) have the CDs in boxes behind the counter. Was told that the wrist band does not guarantee you a seat. It will get you in the room though.

VintageSnarker
#46THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 12:54pm

"Thanks for the update, Brian!  I'm hoping it is a popular event for the cast and creatives, but I'm also hoping it's not popular enough so that when I get there at 4:30 I'll be able to snag a wristband and attend.  I'm going to call B&N before leaving for the city and I'll update the thread with their response for those who also can't go until after work."

I'm in the same boat as you. I'll be taking my chances after work. I think it should be fine (hopefully) unless the autograph hounds descend.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#47THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 12:56pm

I just called Barnes and Noble and, as of around 1:00, they said they have "some, but not many" wristbands left.  Since I won't be able to get down there until 4:30 at the earliest, I unfortunately decided not to go.  For those of you who are in NYC and would like to go tonight, I would suggest getting there sooner rather than later!

Brian07663NJ
#48THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 1:22pm

PianoMann... keep in mind that the wristband only is a guarantee for admission into the room for the performance or the 2 or 3 songs. It is very possible that you will be able to still get your CD signed even if you do not make it into the room. 

VintageSnarker
#49THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 3:04pm

There's no way I can get there before 6 and most likely I'll get there around 7 if I do go. If anyone who is attending wants to post about the size of the crowd and whether it's worth it to go, it would be much appreciated.