pixeltracker

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?- Page 4

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?

neonlightsxo
#75Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 11:26am

Weird that tickets are onsale in less than an hour and no press release yet?

neonlightsxo
LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#77Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 11:27am

Also very bad that there's no confirmation alert or splash page for signing up for the mailing list. No confirmation email, either -- it just redirects to the main site.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#78Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 11:27am

"it is not on ticketmaster

Actually, it is. For all 18 weeks of the scheduled run. Go and search it.

Clyde15
#79Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 11:36am

Now will this extend its run? I mean it has to if it wants to make back it's money put into it right? Also it's interesting to note that they are doing Monday Night shows and also Sunday night shows with no shows on Wednesday. That could help them sell more tickets

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#80Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 11:52am

Clyde, it would appear that the Nederlanders only offered them a limited run (because they have spring plans for the theatre). If it could extend, it would have been an open run. 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#81Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:02pm

I never expected this to be an open-ended run but if they are successful and can extend, so be it. 

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#82Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:11pm

I'm shocked this is actually happening on Broadway. That is some ugly ass artwork.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

TheatreKid3
#83Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:12pm

It would not be hard to move this show to a different theatre, so if it's a big enough hit I would almost guarantee an extension – even if it's not at the Brooks.

I would also agree re: the artwork.  That is way too flashly and bright for such a stripped down, dark show.  It almost makes it look like a family musical!  There is no allusion to what makes this production special, and there absolutely should be.

Updated On: 7/7/15 at 12:12 PM

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#84Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:13pm

This is so fast and exciting!

So it opens on 9/27. On Ticketmaster they only list a matinee for sale for that date, but every other Sunday has two performances. I'm guessing the opening night isn't on sale to the general public, but they're having their final preview as a matinee on the same day? Is that typical?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#85Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:14pm

That artwork looks like something from a 3rd grade class play. Absolutely hideous. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#86Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:18pm

^ I agree. I HATE the artwork.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RW3
#87Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:24pm

They are moving so fast with this that none of their social media accounts are up and running.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#88Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:24pm

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?

This is exponentially better.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

TheatreKid3
#89Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:26pm

^ The Deaf West artwork was SO MUCH BETTER.  And, IDK if I'm the only one who sees it, but stylistically it looks a lot like FIDDLER's new artwork in terms of the "painted" letters.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#90Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:34pm

The Deaf West Artwork was wonderful.  I think this is a prestige project and wouldn't have extended commercial life on Broadway; but if Davenport has found a model in which re-coupment is possible in just 18 weeks than I say more power to him.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Stew123
#91Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:35pm

I love Spring Awakening, but even despite the expected raves, I really don't have a desire to revisit it.

MNC77
#93Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:40pm

What I'm curious about is how acting nominations will work for this. Would the signing actor or the singing actor be more likely to be nominated? or are they eligible together as one?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#94Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:44pm

Wouldn't surprise me if they award the cast with some sort of special award (if it is deemed to be an excellent production) but we'll have to wait and see what the committee decides to do.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ILuv2shop531
#95Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:45pm

Any of those options seem possible, honestly as far as acting nominations go.

Ohhh to be a fly on the wall in those Tony nominating committee ruling meetings!

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#96Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 12:51pm

Thanks for that link to the piece Ken Davenport wrote. He very accurately expressed how I felt about this show when I saw it. 

I won’t get to see it in its Broadway run, but am thrilled for everyone involved.

If you get a chance, GO! Even if you think you’ve see “Spring Awakening” before, GO! Even if you didn’t like the original production, GO!

Broadwaystar2
#97Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 1:04pm

You honestly think there will be an open theater in Feb????

neonlightsxo
#98Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 1:14pm

I truly don't understand Ken Davenport's producing decisions. They won't be able to recoup with such a short run.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#99Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 1:16pm

Davenport's article sheds no light on how this limited run will not end up as another in his seemingly never-ending string of flops. I'm delighted it is coming in,  just as I was delighted (until I saw it) that OTT came in despite being an inherent flop. I promise I'll do my part to keep the loss the production suffers as low as possible.