Hamilton Previews

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#75Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 6:16pm

I did not, I walked by before he got there.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Margo319
#76Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 6:22pm

Insane

Hamilton Previews

Updated On: 7/13/15 at 06:22 PM

Margo319
#77Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 6:25pm

Hamilton Previews

Margo319
#78Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 6:35pm

Hamilton Previews

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#79Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 6:37pm

I gave in and bought a ticket for this and King And I for my December trip.  Dang.. between what I pad for both shows I could have gone on a a cruise.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#80Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 6:45pm

If anyone is going in the next few days, could you report back about whether the extreme sides in the Orch Row C/D/E range are likely to be really obstructed?  Those are the only tickets available right now for the performance times I am most interested in.  Thanks in advance!

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#81Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 6:57pm

Sign something may be huge: it got a 20 second blip in the entertainment portion of the news where I live, a good 10 hours and several states west of NYC.

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#82Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 7:33pm

That was by far the craziest lotto I've ever been to, counting Wicked and BOM when they first came out. Will be interesting to see if it gets better or worse, with this only being the first show...

ryandl15 Profile Photo
ryandl15
#83Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 7:43pm

Anyone have any photos of set, playbill, song list, or the madness going on inside?!

mfaye9
#84Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 7:46pm

Judging from initial pictures of the set on Twitter, it doesn't look like the extreme side seats will be too bad.

bwaysouth
#85Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 7:48pm

Would also be interested to hear more on how the lottery went -- how they handled a crowd of that size, logistics of having people enter, how long the process took, etc.  Those were some lucky winners; looks as though the chances of winning were tiny for sure!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#86Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 7:54pm

Those pics are unbelievable. I remember night #1 of Equus when the Tri-state Daniel Radcliffe Fan Club showed up at the stage door, and Midtown North had send send 30 officers to a single block of 44th street to get things sorted. It didn't look any worse than that. Who says the show isn't the star? 

FindingNamo
#87Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 7:55pm

My friend says it up at the tkts booth right now. That or Perfect Crime, one of the two.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ChiTheaterFan
#88Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 7:58pm

"So, personally, I'm not a huge hip-hop and rap fan, and upon hearing about the show and watching the promo spot ("My Shot"), I didn't really understand all of the hype.

However, hearing more and more about how it has different types of music, and understanding the plot a little bit more, I am more and more intrigued by the concept and more and more excited, I guess. I definitely understand the hype, especially after reading that this could merge the gap between the theatre and the mainstream.

Are the songs currently available somewhere?
After all, I've only heard a snippet of "My Shot", and I would like to hear more before judging it. :)

My question is (and this maybe a better question after tonight's performance): Were any of you who enjoyed it a little bit skeptical at first?
"

I was skeptical. I do like hip hop, but wasn't sure I would like a musical with hip hop. (I've never seen in the heights unfortunately, and I try not to listen to cast recordings until after I see a show, so I really didn't know what to expect from the music.) I was even skeptical the first song or two. I liked "My shot" ok, but I was afraid the show was going to get gimmicky. It didn't take long for me to get hooked and I had tears in my eyes through most of it because I was so in love with the show. I actually still think "my shot" is my least favorite of the songs. My favorite is "Wait for it" which I haven't been able to find recorded anywhere. Literally tears streaming down my face the whole song.

In case it's unclear, I'm a crier, but in any event this is one of my favorite shows. I can't wait to see it again on Saturday! 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#89Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 8:27pm

I guess I won't be seeing the show for a few years

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#90Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 9:30pm

I am so glad I have no interest in seeing this at all.

FindingNamo
#91Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 9:33pm

Can someone tell me exactly how much time elapses from the moment the first person has her or his ticket scanned to go into the theater and the minute the lights go down, that is, if the lights go down?  Also, exactly how many minutes until intermission, what the lines are like at all restrooms in the theater, how exact they are about the announced number of minutes for the intermission, the approximate amount of time in the second act before the 11 o'clock number, the exact length of the curtain call, how many times the cast bows, if there is a curtain speech, if there is a show curtain, obligatory question about gun shots (I have heard there is some sort of duel with Raymond Burr), how many pages is in the first preview Playbill, who all was there, was the energy insane, did anybody make their roles their own, was anyone down to earth at the stage door, how long were the barricades, did Lin make it home to sing a lullaby to his baby.  TIA

jessejaehoon
#92Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 9:48pm

If anyone was in the rear orchestra (like the last few rows) can somebody report how the view was? Hoping, if they do it, that standing room will be a viable option!

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#93Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 9:50pm

"This show has nothing to do with the cast.  It doesn't have any big names now, it won't need any in the future.

"

Nothing to do with the cast? Wether Lin has mainstream fame or "theater" fame Lin is a HUGE reason so many people are buying tickets to see this show & the reason so many people paid attention to it off-broadway. Saying Hamilton's success has nothing to do with its cast is absurd and preposterous 

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#94Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 10:05pm

What I MEANT was people aren't buying tickets because of who is in the cast. They want to see the show. Of course the cast is responsible for the quality and their performances.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#95Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 10:05pm

Someone in this thread said Insane. I totally agree. Once the reviews come out ,prices will skyrocket and the scalpers will descend.

Another poster said they were glad they had no interest in seeing it. I will get the cast album and see what the music is like. I will than hope to get a naughty version and maybe see it live in a few years after the hoopla has died down and Miranda is long gone.

Poster Emeritus

Stevie72
#96Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 10:22pm

bump

FindingNamo
#97Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 10:28pm

Somebody tell Roxy it has a message.  It has a political message.  The only thing he hates more than political messages are good shows that sell a lot of tickets.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#98Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 10:30pm

This will be the "in" show to see. You can spend a gazillion dollars to be able to brag to others that you saw it. You will still get latecomers, those who will talk on the cells during the show plus the inevitable texters.

Welcome to the theater as Lauren Bacall once intoned.

Poster Emeritus

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#99Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/13/15 at 10:33pm

I can understand being ambivalent about high ticket prices- personally I'm planning to try for standing room since I don't have much money to spend on show tickets. That said, with a show that has earned this much critical and popular praise, I don't see how anyone remotely interested in theatre could have zero interest in it. I'm sure part of it is hype, but this feels like a major event, and to have absolutely no interest just baffles my mind. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.