pixeltracker

SHE LOVES ME: Roundabout's 2015 B'way Revival- Page 2

SHE LOVES ME: Roundabout's 2015 B'way Revival

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#25SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 9:27am

Man, this is definitely a must see for me...what a cast!!

Brick
#26SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 10:57am

"I meant to say last night, what's the rationale behind a 1 a.m. press release?"

So it is the waiting in the press' inbox when they wake up; an attempt to get a jump-start on any other release going out today.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#27SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 10:57am

Did Rene Auborjournois (sp?) perform in some incarnation of Disney's The Little Mermaid? His name sounds so familiar to me.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#28SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 10:59am

Yes. http://bfy.tw/pNP 

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

RW3
#29SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 11:26am

Admittedly, I don't know too much about "She Loves Me", but I am excited for this production based on this cast.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#30SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 11:29am

Oh, I just noticed that Benjamin Eakeley is in this! Such an underrated performer. His Beadle was the best part of the tour of the Sweeney revival.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#31SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 11:43am

A Sipos hasn't been cast yet, right? Has anyone heard any rumblings?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#32SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 11:46am

"A Sipos hasn't been cast yet, right? Has anyone heard any rumblings?"

Addressed that in my post above.  I haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's McGrath. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#33SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 1:46pm

Don't Jane and Laura hate each other? Lol

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

A Director
#34SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 2:16pm

How nice that Trollbean is stirring the sh*t.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#35SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 2:30pm

Oh fvckface pintobean, not even you can ruin the beauty of this casting.

Benanti and Krakowski did some of their best work to date in NINE (also for Roundabout), where they worked together. I can't wait to hear their rendition of "I Don't Know His Name." This HAS got to get recorded.

I'm just beside myself. Krakowski hasn't been on Broadway since NINE in 2003! That's just crazy. She needs to never let that happen again (and yes I'm aware she did GUYS & DOLLS and DAMN YANKEES at other venues).

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#36SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 3:25pm

a 3 month run my a$$, this will be extended multiple times.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#37SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 5:38pm

I hope I can get out there to see this (and maybe some other stuff, like Hamilton maybe) considering my birthday is opening night (3-3) it seems like kismet! One of my favorite shows with a terrific cast. And please please please let them record this!!!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#38SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 7:39pm

LizzieCurry, thank you for answering my question. That was a cute link, too.

Anyway, I'll echo everyone's sentiments that this is some good casting. Although, as much as I love the 2003 NINE cast, I feel like they shouldn't have kept Krakowski as a blonde. That's purely a superficial thing, but I feel like Carla must always have dark hair...Lol.

eaticecream
#39SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 8:14pm

Jane WOW this season is HAPPENING

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#40SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 10:44pm

I think Janie and Gavie could walk away with this one. 

Diva fight Tonite at 8.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#41SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/15/15 at 11:06pm

"Admittedly, I don't know too much about "She Loves Me"

Boy, are you in for a pleasant surprise.

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#42SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/16/15 at 2:32am

This is THE must-see production of this season! (For me)

So thrilled to have Jane back, as well as the rest of this stellar cast. Never seen this show live before! I truly can't wait.

"...and in a bed."
Updated On: 7/16/15 at 02:32 AM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#43SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/16/15 at 8:29am

"Did Rene Auborjournois (sp?) perform in some incarnation of Disney's The Little Mermaid? His name sounds so familiar to me."

Auberjonois voiced Chef Louis in the film of The Little Mermaid.

He is a Tony winner (COCO) and four time Tony nominee (the others being THE GOOD DOCTOR, BIG RIVER, and CITY OF ANGELS).

"I feel like Carla must always have dark hair...Lol."

That's a curious feeling you have given that Broadway Carlas have never had dark hair.  Anita Morris's Carla was a red-head and Jane's was a blonde.

"I assume Jane would be singing "A Trip to the Library" in the video you mentioned; it's the character's big solo."

Ilona has two wonderful solo songs, "I Resolve" in Act 1 and "A Trip to the Library" in Act 2. 

Updated On: 7/16/15 at 08:29 AM

actorsnonactors Profile Photo
actorsnonactors
#44SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/16/15 at 11:16am

Anyone else hoping to see something new from Krakowski in this production? Her 30 Rock and Unbreakable characters are pretty much the same. I'm hoping we see a new shade of her, otherwise a term involving a pony with a single ability comes into mind. Love the show, wish them well...just want to see something new from her. (opinion: need not be debated.)

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#45SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/16/15 at 11:18am

"Anyone else hoping to see something new from Krakowski in this production? Her 30 Rock and Unbreakable characters are pretty much the same. I'm hoping we see a new shade of her, otherwise a term involving a pony with a single ability comes into mind. Love the show, wish them well...just want to see something new from her. (opinion: need not be debated.)"

Jane was very different in the staged concert a few years ago.  I don't expect her portrayal to be anything like Jenna or Jacqueline.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#46SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/16/15 at 11:19am

She played part of a choo-choo train in STARLIGHT EXPRESS. She can play against type. She's proven she has range.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#47SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/16/15 at 12:38pm

Ilona, a kind, sexy, sincere, vulnerable and not well educated shopgirl is nothing like Jane's characters in 30 Rock or Unbreakable.  If anything she's more like her Flaemschen in Grand Hotel minus the ambition, drive, acquisitiveness, dissatisfaction and manipulation.  Jane was hilariously funny, engagingly warm and perfectly charming in the concert.

Updated On: 7/16/15 at 12:38 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#48SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/16/15 at 1:23pm

She won for a Tony for her performance in Nine, playing a dramatic role absolutely nothing at all like Jenna Maroney or Jacqueline Vorhees.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#49SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 7/16/15 at 8:42pm

henrikegerman, by "dark" I didn't necessarily mean brunette or raven. A deep auburn like Morris's would be good! Again, it's just me being aesthetically picky...Krakowski (physically) strikes me as being more of a quirky ingenue.

Incidentally, more Michael McGrath is always a good thing.