Next WICKED Cast

eerhelm
#75Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:19am

As much as I do love this casting, I kinda wish they had picked some unknowns you know? I mean Rachel Tucker is amazing as Elphaba for sure but I think switching it up with new leads or even adding some diversity to the leads would have been interesting. Nonetheless, the show will be great I am sure!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#76Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:25am

"Marc also produced Pitch Perfect and Ricki and the Flash...Ben's movies. You all can call my bluff now...but just watch how this will pan out."

Ricki and the Flash, yeah, but Pitch Perfect?  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0686887/

I agree with the other poster that this sounds more like merit because he's replacing so far into the run of the show. Granted, having Marc Platt as a dad won't hurt in the biz, but this doesn't sound quite as close to nepotism as some of you might think. (I actually thought Ben would be Boq eventually, but not just yet.)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 8/19/15 at 12:25 AM

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#77Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:27am

"Guys, lets be honest here. Ben Platt is a fine actor, but wouldn't really put him "above incredible". There are a bunch of other fine, even better actors, trying to get acting jobs in this city. He wouldn't have got the jobs he got without Dad. And c'mon, another son with extremely few legit acting credits makes his bway debut in Wicked? He might be great in the role, but again, not there without his Dad. Not a judgment, but it really is all about who you know (or who you are related to!) in this business. 

"

Completely 100# incorrect 

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

TaylorF221
#78Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 1:23am

Alright ZellMorrowPledge, obviously you don't have to listen to me, but as someone who has many years experience in Broadway casting I think I know what I'm talking about. Again, I know you think he is "above incredible", but he was barely even mentioned in the NYTimes Evan Hansen review, and that press of him as the "New face of the American Musical" was show publicity to gain some PR in a Hamilton dominated press month when Stacey Mindich was trying to move the show to NY for the fall season. Didn't help the show, and now they are waiting until next year.

Ben and Jonah are of the next generation of post-Wicked somewhat "generic" broadway babies, with the same look and voice (Evan Hansen could've been played by anybody of that vein). Although that is my own opinion, the facts are that both have no theatre education/training, few credits, yet they are being cast in big broadway roles. Again, does not mean that they aren't talented (they are), but are being cast in the roles because of Dad's help. 

Updated On: 8/19/15 at 01:23 AM

jennifer1128
#79Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 3:51am

I was a little annoyed and disappointed to read that this Jonah Plat is the producers son.  I went onto youtube to watch some of his videos and am not impressed.  Maybe he will surprise us all but welcome to showbiz folks.  This is how it works, fair or not.

Fade2black Profile Photo
Fade2black
#80Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 4:00am

Let us not forget that Daddy is also producing the "Wicked" movie . 

mailhandler777
#81Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 5:39am

I've seen your past reviews and you seem to enjoy very mediocre things. 

I never did any reviews so not sure where you got that from. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#82Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 5:42am

"Nonetheless, the show will be great I am sure!"

Too late for that, no? Next WICKED Cast

LetTheSunshineIn2
#83Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/19/15 at 7:14am

I can't speak to Jonah's level of talent as I have never seen him perform and have to admit that I had similar "Daddy cast him" thoughts when I saw the announcement.  However, I was disappointed to see Ben brought into this thread after seeing his remarkable performance in Dear Evan Hansen.  While I'm sure his father's connections have helped open some doors for him (how could they not?), Ben appears to be the real deal and incredibly talented.

neonlightsxo
#84Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/25/15 at 2:39pm

Does anyone know if Kara Lindsay will be staying for another 9 months/how long she will be staying?

VintageSnarker
#85Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/25/15 at 2:54pm

"Ben and Jonah are of the next generation of post-Wicked somewhat "generic" broadway babies, with the same look and voice (Evan Hansen could've been played by anybody of that vein)."

I wouldn't call it a post-Wicked phenomenon as Idina and Kristin have very unique voices. It's definitely post-Glee but I feel like I was hearing a somewhat generic musical theatre voice before then.

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#86Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/25/15 at 3:01pm

Deleting what I said here. I just realized I'm spreading too much negativity. Sorry y'all.

Updated On: 8/25/15 at 03:01 PM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#87Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/25/15 at 3:55pm

mailhandler777 said: "I've seen your past reviews and you seem to enjoy very mediocre things. 

I never did any reviews so not sure where you got that from. 

Oh please we all know who you really are

"

mailhandler777
#88Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/25/15 at 4:30pm

Blockhead24 said: "Oh please we all know who you really are."

Oh really? Who am I?

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
Updated On: 8/25/15 at 04:30 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#89Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/25/15 at 4:36pm

You guys do know that Marc platt isn't the only producer of the show. So if the other producers didn't like his sons singing they wouldn't cast him.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#90Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 1/21/16 at 3:17pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/topic/WICKED

dawn will be reuniting with Rachel post the last ship. I also wonder if Christine Dwyer will be staying or if they'll announce a replacement for her later. Also I wonder if Christine is making more than normal for a standby since she's already been the lead.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

neonlightsxo
#91Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 1/21/16 at 3:19pm

Christine is leaving, Alyssa Fox is the new standby from what I've heard. Not sure how Christine's salary is relevant.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#92Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 1/21/16 at 3:27pm

Call_me_jorge said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/topic/WICKED

"

Direct link: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Carrie-St-Louis-Judy-Kaye-Peter-Scolari-More-Will-Join-Broadways-WICKED-Next-Month-20160121

And wow, Judy Kaye!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#93Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 1/21/16 at 6:07pm

LOVE that they're casting newer people into this production. Can't even imagine how the new Boq felt when he got the call that he would be making his Broadway debut in Wicked.

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#94Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 1/21/16 at 6:33pm

I'm so excited for Carrie St. Louis! I saw her 4 times on the national tour, and she really is a perfect Glinda!

BroadwayFan12
#95Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:45pm

Judy Kaye as Madame Morrible almost makes me want to see Wicked again. Almost.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#96Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 1/22/16 at 12:15am

I'm so happy for Carrie St. Louis! I saw her about a week before she left the tour and knew she would come to Broadway in this role at some point. Her Glinda is truly a three dimensional performance. We tend to forget that Glinda is telling the story that leads to her best friend's death. In Carrie's portrayal, you can almost always see a glimpse of the pain she must be feeling in reliving the experience. She is one person you shouldn't miss in this show! 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#97Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 2/26/16 at 6:44pm

Random question: Has anyone on here seen Judy Kaye as Morrible? I'm equally tempted to potentially pull the trigger on heading back to the Gershwin to see her in the role. 

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#98Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 2/26/16 at 6:46pm

I have. I really enjoyed her.

neonlightsxo
#99Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 2/29/16 at 10:07am

Judy Kaye is the best Morrible I've ever seen.