pixeltracker

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording "First Listen"- Page 11

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording "First Listen"

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#250Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 7:31pm

This show is absolutely awesome!  We've really gotten some great cast recordings this year (Fun Home, The Visit, and now Hamilton).  It's a surprisingly complicated score.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#251Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 7:53pm

^ I wouldn't put The Vist on that list lol

(Edit: I will have to listen to it again, then.)

Updated On: 9/26/15 at 07:53 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#252Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 8:08pm

Surprisingly?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#253Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 8:41pm

JoseLee_ said: "^ I wouldn't put The Vist on that list lol"

We reached a general consensus on the board when the album came out that The Visit was a terrific recording (and I agree with that, I listened to it like 7 times the week it came out).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#254Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 9:13pm

The Visit's score and album are both remarkable. They will be treasured for many years.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#255Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 9:16pm

dramamama611 said: "Surprisingly?

I just wasn't expecting it to be so layered.  I wasn't a huge fan of In the Heights (maybe I need to revisit it) so I wasn't expecting much from this, but I'm absolutely blown away.

"

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#256Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 10:21pm

I told myself not to download the itunes file today.

I'm seeing it next Saturday night..but now...

my hand just keeps going for the play icon...willpower! must not listen to it yet...

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

ChiTheaterFan
#257Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 10:56pm

Wait for it until you're in the room where it happens.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#258Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/26/15 at 11:40pm

I too was thinking of the amazing Broadway triple whammy of FUN HOME, THE VISIT, and now HAMILTON in terms of great scores. And their equally marvelous recordings

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

ebontoyan
#259Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/27/15 at 12:07am

What an amazing show this is! Finally saw the show for the first time tonight! And the cast recording was in repeat this past week. Which is great for me since sometimes the rapping was so fast I would have missed a lot of things in the show!  I have tix to see again in Jan 2016!! I can't wait!

Updated On: 9/27/15 at 12:07 AM

ardiem
#260Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/27/15 at 2:15pm

Wow, wow, wow. I've been listening to this Non-Stop over the past week. It's such a joy to listen to. Every single second is packed with phenomenal wordplay, clever rhymes, and so much heart. And just when you think one song is a highlight, you turn your attention to another and uncover so many treasures. I LOVE IT!!! I have to see it again.

ChiTheaterFan
#261Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/27/15 at 2:51pm

The thing I love about the cast recording is I'm finding myself focusing on cast members I may not have noticed as much during the show. For example I liked Jasmine Cephas-Jones in the show but I was focused on everything else going on and didn't realize how amazing her voice is. Now listening to Say No to This when she hits that belt.... DAMN. She may have a smaller role than Soo and Goldsberry but she is extremely talented. I think she has a very bright future ahead of her. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#262Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/27/15 at 4:55pm

She does have an amazing voice. And I also love how she is quite the innocent girl in Act 1, afraid to disobey Daddy. But in Act 2, playing Maria Reynolds, she is quite the cagey woman of the world, and this is reflected both in her acting and her singing. Great job, Jasmine!

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#263Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/27/15 at 5:21pm

I also love how she is quite the innocent girl in Act 1, afraid to disobey Daddy. But in Act 2, playing Maria Reynolds, she is quite the cagey woman of the world, and this is reflected both in her acting and her singing.

I'm not sure how to say this coherently or in a way that will make sense outside of my mind, but I find the pairings of which two characters are played by one actor very touching. Peggy/Maria, Lafayette/Jefferson, Laurens/Philip. The pairings don't seem random; they seem very meaningful.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#264Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/27/15 at 5:23pm

Many articles have pointed this out, but the post about Jasmine Cephas Jones really caused me to think back about the performances of the women in the show.  LMM did an excellent job creating roles showing strong women and the female cast of this show are doing them justice.  

As I've listend to the recording more, I found myself picking up more on the little roles played by ensemble members--Jon Rua's Charles Lee, Thayne Jasperson as Samuel Seabury, etc.  Those small parts help make so many scenes HUGE.  It just goes along showing how talented this cast is.  I bet most shows would give their proverbial right arm to have people like Ariana DeBose, Rua, Jasperson, and Ephraim Sykes as the ensemble.  Such talented performers on their own.

toofunktastic2
#265Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/27/15 at 6:24pm

rcwr said: "I also love how she is quite the innocent girl in Act 1, afraid to disobey Daddy. But in Act 2, playing Maria Reynolds, she is quite the cagey woman of the world, and this is reflected both in her acting and her singing.

I'm not sure how to say this coherently or in a way that will make sense outside of my mind, but I find the pairings of which two characters are played by one actor very touching. Peggy/Maria, Lafayette/Jefferson, Laurens/Philip. The pairings don't seem random; they seem very meaningful.

"

I was thinking the same exact thing actually.  Especially with Laurens/Philip. 

I finally had the chance to listen to Act II, and pretty much every song from Burn on completely destroys me.  The pure amount of emotion coming from this recording is staggering.  From just the camaraderie shown in Story of Tonight (reprise) to the more heart-wrenching songs.  It's fantastic. 

And yes oncemorewithfeeling2 I feel the same way about the small roles played by the ensemble members. 

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#266Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/27/15 at 6:27pm

Especially with Laurens/Philip. 

YES. That one kills me.

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#267Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/30/15 at 8:45pm

Towards the end of That Would Be Enough there is a quick beep noise.  Is this intended, a flaw on the recording or an issue with my iTunes download that is only affecting me and making me crazy?

anmiller07 Profile Photo
anmiller07
#268Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 10/1/15 at 11:28am

HAMILTON Cast Will Celebrate Album Release with Performance at Barnes & Noble on 10/16

Dammit! I just accepted a new position at work and don't feel right requesting off so soon.  Would anyone be willing to go to this and get me a signed CD?  I would pay you for my album and yours, as well as pay you for your time.  Please PM me if you would be willing to do this!!

Lilly7
#269Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 10/1/15 at 11:43am

The album is on track to debut at number 10 which is amazing since I think the last cast recording to be in the top ten was Book of Mormon though that was after the Tonys. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#270Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 10/1/15 at 1:20pm

Miranda announced The Hamilton Mixtape, a CD containing music remixed and cut from, as well as inspired by the show.
Miranda Anncounces The Hamilton Mixtape

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#271Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 10/1/15 at 1:39pm

Never been to Barnes n Noble for this kind of thing. Do I have to sign up somewhere to go? Or do I just show up? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Lilly7
#272Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 10/1/15 at 1:45pm

I love the idea of an album full of remixes. It's so perfect for the show and continues to help bridge together hip hop and theater. I can't wait to see what artists they will work with. 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#273Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:06am

Well, I saw Hamilton Saturday night and I am still in amazement and have now started to listen to my download on autoplay repeat. I just can't describe how invigorating and potent this show is. I'm glad I waited until I saw the show before listening to it. 

The cast is unbelievably electric in their performances. The caliber of the ensemble and dancers/choreography is stellar. Renee Elise Goldsberry, Lin Manuel, Odom, are giving performances that have not been seen on stage in years. Jonathan Groff practically steals the show as comic relief, but that fast, you are circled back into the dramatic text.

I still want  to find out how I get the lyrics as they didn't come with itunes. I want to see it again but I'll have to wait until the $400.00  priced seats come down a little bit. 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#274Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 10/5/15 at 8:42am

The lyrics can be downloaded here

....but the world goes 'round