pixeltracker

Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton- Page 3

Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#50Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/2/15 at 5:12pm

wait, guys, King George - Chris Pine!

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#51Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/2/15 at 5:20pm

"

But WHY? The stars of the show are the words and the story.  It doesn't NEED huge names, and I daresay, it would likely detract from the very story it celebrates! When it becomes about the performer(s) you lose something special.  

Also, most of the names you suggest likely wouldn't be willing to commit the amount of time, or to reasonable salaries that would be necessary.

And then, of course, can those people act?  Dance?  Once again, it's not just about singing.

Excellent post and you brought up great points.

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#52Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/2/15 at 11:24pm

It's a damn shame James Corden won't be able to play King George.

I love the idea of Donald Glover as Hamilton and Common as Washington.  How about Luke Youngblood as Lafayette/Jefferson?

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#53Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/3/15 at 10:54am

John Legend as Aaron Burr. Please and thank you. 

I would prefer not to see Jordin Sparks try to act again, but I think she would sing Eliza well. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#54Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/3/15 at 12:00pm

James corden next summer off so he can play King George. Please make it happen CBS!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

broadwayboy223
#55Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/9/15 at 9:12pm

What about Naya Rivera as Angelica or Eliza? She could definitely sing it really well

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#56Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/9/15 at 9:14pm

Naya Rivera would make a FANTASTIC Angelica. 

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#57Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/9/15 at 9:36pm

I have a weird desire to see Ty Burell as King George.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#58Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:06pm

I think Burell or Eric Stonestreet would be pretty damn hilarious. The role of King George seems to have flexibility to it. BDJ and Groff both did a great job in the role, but each brought different things to it.

snl89
#59Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:24pm

Ooooh YES to Naya as Angelica!! As long as she could pull off the ridiculously difficult rap in Satisfied, she'd be really fantastic, and I absolutely love her voice :) 

And while I'm not sure if I can totally see her as much as the Eliza type over all, I WOULD love to hear her cover Helpless at some point because she'd sound amazing on it. 

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 10/9/15 at 10:24 PM

bilingual Profile Photo
bilingual
#60Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/10/15 at 1:41am

I also agree that Naya Rivera would be terrific as Angelica, and I highly doubt she's have any trouble with the rapping (I don't recall if she did any on Glee, but she seems talented enough). Donald Glover would be terrific as Hamilton.

#61Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/10/15 at 3:13pm

I hope Brian d'arcy James comes in at some point

dev101
#62Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/20/15 at 6:54pm

GreasedLightning said: "I'd rather peel dried glue off my toes than see Iggy Azalea in any Broadway show. Hah. Sorry. 

agreed!

I think John Legend would really kill it as Bur, he has the same smooth voice as Leslie, but i not know if he would have all the vocal range

Call_me_jorge
#63Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/20/15 at 7:11pm

I'm going to restate my previous opinion. Prince George should play King George.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

jbroadway4 Profile Photo
jbroadway4
#64Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/20/15 at 7:43pm

Tori Kelly as Anjelica 

Ariana Grande as Eliza

JoJo as Peggy

Updated On: 10/20/15 at 07:43 PM

broadwayboy223
#65Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 10/23/15 at 11:03pm

Instead of having celebrities come in why dont they record a separate album of celebrity covers? I would pay so much money to hear Naya Rivera cover Satisfied.

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#66Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 12/29/15 at 4:57pm

I'd love to see Naya as Angelica. Her or Carlos. Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#67Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 12/29/15 at 8:01pm

Maria Reynolds said: "Ariana Grande is actually white."

Actually, she's not white. At all. Stop trying to erase her identity. I hope she's on the remix album just to make you pissed. And I hope she gets an Oscar when she's offered a part in the multi-million dollar movie. angel

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

RingOfKeys2 Profile Photo
RingOfKeys2
#68Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 12/29/15 at 8:40pm

Has anyone mentioned that WAYNE BRADY would be a fantastic AARON BURR? Cuz it's true.

Call_me_jorge
#69Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 12/29/15 at 8:45pm

Matthew Morrison as King George.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#70Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton
Posted: 1/1/16 at 7:31pm

Carol Channing as Burr

and we resurrect Ethel Merman as Hamilton.

Now that I would pay to see.