pixeltracker

Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)- Page 2

Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)

FindingNamo
#25Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 3/1/16 at 1:23pm

Headband, not Variety, Vanity Fair.

World's worst entertainment "news" aggregator!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#26Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 3/1/16 at 6:34pm

broadwayboy223 said: "I could see Sia doing Satisfied. I was hoping for Naya Rivera or Tamar Braxton on Satisfied though. I think Ariana should stay far away from this. You can never understand what she's saying and all she does is high belting."

I really could not imagine Sia rapping the stuff in Satisfied. But I think she'd be perfect for a rearranged Burn that gives her some higher belting to do. I'm still anxiously awaiting the news of who will sing Schuyler Sisters (I don't care if it's on the nose, I still think Destiny's Child would kill that song).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#28Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 3/2/16 at 12:21pm

I don't see Sia mentioned in the interview, but was mentioned in several articles I read on the subject yesterday.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Jingjo2 Profile Photo
Jingjo2
#29Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 9/25/16 at 6:33am

Sorry for digging an old thread... but I found a pre-order link for this in Amazon.co.uk stating the release date of October 28... I find it surprising as we haven't really heard much about the album except Jimmy Fallon singing You'll Be Back.. sooooooo.. are they pulling a beyonce and surprise drop the album?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JR0QYGW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

aaaaaa15
#30Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 9/25/16 at 6:54am

There have been a few recent articles/interview quotes about the mixtape although the last I heard there was no definite release date yet. Interesting.

ebontoyan
#31Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 9/25/16 at 7:12am

Interesting there is no preorder link in the Amazon US site

rjm516
#32Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 9/25/16 at 7:39am

Somehow I missed the news about Fallon being involved. Ew.

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#33Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 10/12/16 at 2:28pm

So at this point, I guess we can assume that this won't be released until mid-late Nov at the earliest? 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#34Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 10/12/16 at 2:54pm

Jingjo2 said: "Sorry for digging an old thread... but I found a pre-order link for this in Amazon.co.uk stating the release date of October 28... I find it surprising as we haven't really heard much about the album except Jimmy Fallon singing You'll Be Back.. sooooooo.. are they pulling a beyonce and surprise drop the album?"

other than Jimmy Fallon, those mentioned include: Queen Latifah, Chance the Rapper, Common, Ben Folds + Regina Spektor, Alicia Keys, Busta Rhymes, Usher, Jill Scott and Sia. Lin-Manuel mentioned on periscope we should expect the album in November.

Updated On: 10/16/16 at 02:54 PM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#35Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 10/12/16 at 3:03pm

Jimmy Fallon has always been divisive, never more so than this past year with his Donald Trump foolishness (and year-round foolishness if you don't like his goofy glad-handing), but as far as I know he and Lin have been close for a long time- he was doing Ham 4 Ham appearances even last year, if I recall.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#36Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 10/12/16 at 4:54pm

what Trump foolishness did Fallon have?

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#37Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 10/12/16 at 6:16pm

Any idea what Usher will be singing?  I think he's great, but I really néed John Legend to cover "Wait For It."

Updated On: 10/12/16 at 06:16 PM

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#38Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 10/12/16 at 7:33pm

Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy as the Schuyler Sisters

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#39Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 10/12/16 at 7:37pm

omg i would die for that

Jesseg_27
#40Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 6:25am

Amazon UK leaked the song list and the release date is December 2

1. No John Trumbull (Intro) - The Roots
  2. My Shot (feat. Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz & Nate Ruess) [Rise Up Remix] - The Roots
  3. Wrote My Way Out - Nas, Dave East, Lin-Manuel Miranda & Aloe Blacc
  4. Wait For It - Usher
  5. An Open Letter (feat. Shockwave) [Interlude] - Watsky
  6. Satisfied (feat. Miguel & Queen Latifah) - Sia
  7. Dear Theodosia (feat. Ben Folds) - Regina Spektor
  8. Valley Forge (Demo) - Lin-Manuel Miranda
  9. It's Quiet Uptown - Kelly Clarkson
  10. That Would Be Enough - Alicia Keys
  11. Immigrants (We Get The Job Done) - K'naan, Snow Tha Product, Riz MC, Residente
  12. You'll Be Back - Jimmy Fallon & The Roots
  13. Helpless (feat. Ja Rule) - Ashanti
  14. Take A Break (Interlude) - !llmind
  15. Say Yes To This - Jill Scott
  16. Congratulations - Dessa
  17. Burn - Andra Day
  18. Stay Alive (Interlude) - J.PERIOD & Stro Elliot
  19. Slavery Battle (Demo) - Lin-Manuel Miranda
  20. Washingtons By Your Side - Wiz Khalifa
  21. History Has Its Eyes On You - John Legend
  22. Who Tells Your Story (feat. Common & Ingrid Michaelson) - The Roots
  23. Dear Theodosia (Reprise) - Chance The Rapper & Francis and The Lights

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JR0QYGW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1478167890384

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#41Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 6:56am

Alicia Keys? John Legend? Sia?  That's a pretty great list, if it's true.  

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#42Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 8:11am

i mentioned all three in my post just a little ways up this thread, so they shouldn't be a surprise.

i love this list!! so many appropriate and exciting choices, Ashanti and Ja Rule on Helpless probably being the most spot on (the song really is an example of early 2000s hip-hop duet those two did so well).

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 08:11 AM

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#43Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 8:44am

Incredible list of performers, I can see this competing with the Cast Recording to see which one sells more copied in the end.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#44Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 9:20am

I still was kind of wishing for Destiny's Child as the Schuyler Sisters...I notice it's not on the list so maybe they tried for it but it fell through. other big songs I'm surprised weren't included: Alexander Hamilton, Ten Duel Commandments, Guns & Ships, What’d I Miss and The Room Where It Happens. The opening song could've been really cool if it were lots of the stars we hear on the album singing different lines. Also surprised no theater personalities whatsoever were included (I generally expected mostly popular artists, but expected maybe one or two appearances). Most surprising inclusion on the list for me was Kelly Clarkson, that one is a little out of left field (although she's fantastic).

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 09:20 AM

MyLife
#45Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 9:21am

Can this go on tour?

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 09:21 AM

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#46Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 9:28am

No "One Last Time" either, correct?  That's too bad

aaaaaa15
#47Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 9:50am

I'm actually pleased with the selection of songs, the only major omission is The Room Where It Happens. Far more of the women's songs than I expected which is great.

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 09:50 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#48Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 10:02am

LMM just tweeted: "Hello hello hello! Been working on a mixtape for years. It's finished. You can pre-order it TOMORROW. #HamiltonMixtape"

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/794177418479210496

Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 10:02 AM

Whateverjsays
#49Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 11/3/16 at 10:28am

Ooooh very excited to hear Kelly Clarkson! Queen Latifah is also a pleasant surprise.