pixeltracker

Bette Midler Confirms Broadway Return in HELLO DOLLY- Page 34

Bette Midler Confirms Broadway Return in HELLO DOLLY

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#825Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/9/17 at 9:09pm

Stage Door Sally said: "I've heard Mr. Rudin may not allow merchandise to be sold at the shows. We'll see...  all kinds of rumors out there."

It was reported that Midler will earn a percentage of the merchandising.

http://www.playbill.com/article/bette-midler-will-earn-big-bucks-in-broadway-revival-of-hello-dolly-com-381975

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#826Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/9/17 at 10:07pm

Thanks, not the first rumor I've heard about this show from someone on the "inside" that wasn't true....

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#827Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 1:26am

Stage Door Sally said: "I've heard Mr. Rudin may not allow merchandise to be sold at the shows. We'll see...  all kinds of rumors out there.

or food & drink at your seats

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#828Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 1:50am

Dollypop said: "haterobics said: "bfpjohn22 said: "does anybody know when bette midler is leaving the production?"

I'd guess on January 14, 2018, which is her last confirmed show. She could extend, of course.

They've already approached Loretta Swit about replacing her sooner.

Dollypop, are you being serious or sarcastic?  (Your original post called her Loretta Switch.)

I know Swit's played the part several times regionally and on tour and everything I've read said she's an excellent Dolly.  I know you love the show as much as I do, probably more (if possible), have you seen her in the role?  Wasn't there speculation earlier she might be the alternate?

Has anyone here seen her as Dolly?

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#829Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 4:40am

I don't think they will be able to use Chevy Chase with Loretta Swit because he is slated to play Pickering in My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center.

Dollypop
#830Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 6:13am

That all depends on whether Lara  Spencer signs to play Eliza.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 1/10/17 at 06:13 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#831Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 8:28am

Dollypop said: "They've already approached Loretta Swit about replacing her sooner"

There will be a lot of refunds if that happens.

Dollypop
#832Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 1:53pm

In the industry, Loretta Swit is considered to be marquee gold.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#833Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 2:21pm

Yes, in the denial industry 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#835Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 4:14pm

I already have my ticket to see Loretta Switt in HELLO DOLLY. But its at the Sherbet Theatre in Boca. Easy to confuse the two.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#836Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 4:15pm

Bette will be in for these performances?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#837Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 4:18pm

RippedMan said: "Bette will be in for these performances?"

Sounds like she should be! They're both for Wednesday evening performances in March and April, and Donna Murphy doesn't step in until June, and even still, she's scheduled for Tuesdays.

OrchardAndRivington Profile Photo
OrchardAndRivington
#838Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 4:47pm

According to the article the tickets for these 2 added Wednesday perforances will be available exclusively at the Box Office.

Looks like Rudin is trying to create an 'event' at the Box Office for some extra press, which is silly considering how well sold the show already is. It is understandable for a show that is struggling, even with a big name attached, but this doesn't seem to need the extra push. 

Dollypop
#839Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 10:08pm

QueenAlice said: "I already have my ticket to see Loretta Switt in HELLO DOLLY. But its at the Sherbet Theatre in Boca. Easy to confuse the two.

"Can you blame me for confusing the names of those two theaters? It'll be a glimmering production, for sure, with Matt Lauer as Horace and.Susan Lucci as Mrs Molloy"

Updated On: 1/10/17 at 10:08 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#840Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/10/17 at 11:28pm

Dollypop said: "In the industry, Loretta Swit is considered to be marquee gold."

If people fill the theater, that is fine for them. But I would get a refund on that "last" January date for Bette as soon as that were true, heh.

Dollypop
#841Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/11/17 at 5:30pm

Then you'd be missing a performance that will live in memories for decades!

See Swit! !!!!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#842Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/11/17 at 6:01pm

Still no word if Murphy will perform the 3 weeks Midler is out or if the theater will simply be dark for those 3 weeks.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#843Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/12/17 at 11:40am

RoadGypsy2010 said: "According to the article the tickets for these 2 added Wednesday perforances will be available exclusively at the Box Office.

Looks like Rudin is trying to create an 'event' at the Box Office for some extra press, which is silly considering how well sold the show already is. It is understandable for a show that is struggling, even with a big name attached, but this doesn't seem to need the extra push. 

"

I see tix available for sale at telechargr website for both matinees. I thought these were exclusively sold at the box office?

Ptesan Profile Photo
Ptesan
#844Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/12/17 at 11:47am

I think what they meant was that you had first dibs if you went to the box office this morning.  When I was on line that option wasn't available at the time.  Surprisingly the line itself wasn't that bad (I joined around 9am). 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#845Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/12/17 at 12:05pm

Fair enough. I looked at 11:15am. Just surprised they offered it online that early given the box office opened at 10am. 

Ptesan Profile Photo
Ptesan
#846Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/12/17 at 12:28pm

Perhaps it wasn't the 'event' they were hoping for. 

Shout out to roadgypsy for calling it, photographers showed up to take pictures of the line. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#847Hello, Dolly
Posted: 1/14/17 at 2:06pm

Ptesan said: "Perhaps it wasn't the 'event' they were hoping for. 

Shout out to roadgypsy for calling it, photographers showed up to take pictures of the line. 
"

So when I looked two days ago, almost all the seats were gone. As of 15 minutes ago, there were several $79 tickets available for both matinees. Just an FYI for those of you who want to see the show at a more affordable price. 

I agree, shoutout to roadgypsy for calling it.

10086sunset
#848Hello, Dolly
Posted: 2/3/17 at 12:46am

Stage Door Sally said: "I've heard Mr. Rudin may not allow merchandise to be sold at the shows. We'll see...  all kinds of rumors out there."

To add to the rumors out there, here is something I heard twice this week while at two different shows. 

The cast album will come out on March 15th, the first day of previews...There will be a second one that will be extended and be released in the fall...

Also, the Playbill will be the block letters in red and white, no images.

The Playbill rumor seems believable. The cast album one? Who knows...

Dollypop
#850Hello, Dolly
Posted: 2/3/17 at 6:45pm

Be wary of these rumors. Everyone connected with the production signed a non-disclosure clause . They can lose their jobs if the talk about any aspect if the show.

Updated On: 2/5/17 at 06:45 PM