pixeltracker

Shuffle Along could take away Hamilton's Best Musical chances- Page 2

Shuffle Along could take away Hamilton's Best Musical chances

Shrek3
#25 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:36am

Yeah they are petitioning it to be in the revival category. I doubt the committee will accept their request though.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#26 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:38am

Why isn't Roxy in here bemoaning "THE Show?"

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#27 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:40am

Does this show have any remotely analagous precedent? A new show about a musical of the same title, using that show's songs? Head-spinning.

Whatever it is, I can't wait to see it.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#28 Shuffle Along

Shrek3 said: "Yeah they are petitioning it to be in the revival category. I doubt the committee will accept their request though."

And who knows if it will end up following the same fate as One Man, Two Guvnors?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#29 Shuffle Along

If they want to be considered a revival, they would need to do Shuffle Along and forget about the behind-the-scenes part of the show and also the "all that followed" part. I guess there's still time to make those cuts. And then the show will be shorter than Hughie.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#30 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:41am

Shrek3 said: "... Hamilton isn't predicted to be a big contender in the acting categories So who knows."

Huh? I'd guess it probably has at least a couple of the acting categories almost locked down... Expect Odom, Goldsberry, Soo and Jackson (possibly Miranda too) to be front runners. 

Updated On: 2/10/16 at 11:41 AM

Shrek 3
#31 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:43am

Okay but my sources are solid on this, so whatever.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#32 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:45am

Whatever with YOU and your "SOURCES"

"sources" my fat puerto rican ass... 

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#33 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:53am

Shrek3 ... You just joined a week ago.  SIT DOWN and please have SEVERAL SEATS! 

Updated On: 2/10/16 at 11:53 AM

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#34 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:00pm

This'll be fun to revisit in June...  Shuffle Along

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#35 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:00pm

Oh I can't wait for June so when HAMILTON wins I can rub it ALL OVER Drek3's puny little mug... ARF!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#36 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:02pm

Shrek3 said: "We won't know until it opens but they have cast pretty incredible performers for Shuffle Along. and Hamilton isn't predicted to be a big contender in the acting categories So who knows."

It's not??? since when? basically since its premiered it's been predicted to have multiple nominees for Lead & Supporting Actor. if Renée Elise doesn't win for Supporting Actress I will eat my hat. the only category in doubt is Lead Actress but I would still assume a nomination.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#37 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:03pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Whatever with YOU and your "SOURCES"

"sources" my fat puerto rican ass... 

"

Lol, I'm 1/2 Puerto Rican and my relatives call theater whitey ****. They feel the same about Manhattan in general. But they did see the Hector Lavoe play. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#38 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:07pm

There are two different Shrek3s in this thread now.

Shrek3 and Shrek 3

just pointing it out......

....but the world goes 'round

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#39 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:07pm

"Huh? I'd guess it probably has at least a couple of the acting categories almost locked down... Expect Odom, Goldsberry, Soo and Jackson (possibly Miranda too) to be front runners. "

Not to threadjack, but if you REALLY think Soo will be a frontrunner over Cynthia Erivo, you are SORELY mistaken.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#40 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:09pm

Who was Shrek3 in a previous incarnation on here? Their posts have a certain ring to them.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Shrek 3
#41 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:11pm

Who was Shrek3 in a previous incarnation on here? Their posts have a certain ring to them.

Honestly, I am just me. No playing here. Only telling you guys what my sources told me. SHUFFLE ALONG will potentially beat out HAMILTON, so don't be too shocked when and if it happens... 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#42 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:12pm

But you're the Shrek 3 who just joined today.

Huss was asking about the Shrek3 who you're pretending to be.

....but the world goes 'round

broadwayboy223
#43 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:13pm

I love Soo but Cynthia deserves the Tony for leading.... It would be a crying shame for Soo to win. I also love Renee as Angelica but she has serious competition for featured from the girl playing Nettie (who was amazing as well)

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#44 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:14pm

Shrek 3 said: "Who was Shrek3 in a previous incarnation on here? Their posts have a certain ring to them.

Honestly, I am just me. No playing here. Only telling you guys what my sources told me. SHUFFLE ALONG will potentially beat out HAMILTON, so don't be too shocked when and if it happens... 

"

Who really cares if it does? Neither one pays our bills and our lives aren't changing bc of it. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#45 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:16pm

Shrek 3 said: "Who was Shrek3 in a previous incarnation on here? Their posts have a certain ring to them.

Honestly, I am just me. No playing here. Only telling you guys what my sources told me. SHUFFLE ALONG will potentially beat out HAMILTON, so don't be too shocked when and if it happens... "

Why are you pretending to be Shrek3?? everyone hates him!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#46 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:17pm

You are aware, Shrek, that you are on a board largely populated with theatre professionals?

Whoever your "sources" are, they are pulling Tony guesses out of their ass. 

pupscotch
#47 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:22pm

Especially because Shuffle Along... has not opened yet, and the category it will be placed in is still ambiguous. There's no way for you to know if they will win the Tony. You may have one person saying they will vote for Shuffle Along..., but that is not enough.

Also, if you aren't Shrek3, why are you pretending to be him? Shrek3 is easily the most hated troll that posts on here regularly, so...

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#48 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:39pm

It hasn't even opened yet.........

Shrek3
#49 Shuffle Along
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:48pm

. Expect Odom, Goldsberry, Soo and Jackson (possibly Miranda too) to be front runners.

Most of the names you mentioned will certainly not be frontrunners. Only Goldsberry really has a shot at winning. I can't see the TONYS giving odom the tony over Danny and I'm not even positive Soo will be nominated. The best actress category is stacked. I think Hamilton has a good shot at  supporting actor but there are still so many performances left to see. who knows.