pixeltracker

First Preview of NERDS has been canceled - Page 2

First Preview of NERDS has been canceled

two ladies tickets
#25First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/13/16 at 12:45pm

Allegiance must have had ZERO advance if it's being kicked out for Nerds. 

I wonder if they realize that their first preview will now be on April Fool's Day.

Do we think that they might use a lot of the 2013 cast for this transfer, since they would still be familiar with the material? Maybe that's why they haven't started rehearsals yet? I suppose I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Broadway kid 2
#26First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/13/16 at 2:42pm

two ladies tickets said: "Allegiance must have had ZERO advance if it's being kicked out for Nerds. 

I wonder if they realize that their first preview will now be on April Fool's Day.

Do we think that they might use a lot of the 2013 cast for this transfer, since they would still be familiar with the material? Maybe that's why they haven't started rehearsals yet? I suppose I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#27First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/13/16 at 7:27pm

it would really suck if at the last minute they cancelled their run all together. Too many shows are being forced to wait until the Fall to start. That, and the Longacre would then be the only empty theater this spring.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#28First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/13/16 at 7:29pm

What are the odds of this reaching opening night? 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#29First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/13/16 at 8:54pm

The show also did a limited run in Philadelphia. I think in 2014. I was supposed to see it as a friend was in it for that run but couldn't make it

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 2/13/16 at 08:54 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#30First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/14/16 at 11:43pm

WhizzerMarvin said: "Thanks for the link. Looks like there was a production in 2007 and this "return engagement" in 2013. Stanley Bahorek played Gates; he was excellent as Benjamin Britten in February House. "

The show debuted in NYMF in 2005... alongside Next to Normal (back then, Feeling Electric).

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 2/14/16 at 11:43 PM

asmith0307
#31First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/14/16 at 11:45pm

Kad said: "WhizzerMarvin said: "Thanks for the link. Looks like there was a production in 2007 and this "return engagement" in 2013. Stanley Bahorek played Gates; he was excellent as Benjamin Britten in February House. "

The show debuted in NYMF in 2015... alongside Next to Normal (back then, Feeling Electric)."

Which year?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#32First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/14/16 at 11:51pm

Sorry; that should've been 2005.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

NOB88
neonlightsxo
#34First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 9:41am

Yes, the show WAS a NYMF show.

My only sadness in this being delayed/maybe not happening is that another show that would have actually opened didn't get a chance to take the theater. What a waste.

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#35First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 10:44am

Has anyone heard anything on how its selling so far? Or do people still have no idea that it even exists? Is there the possibility that it could quietly disappear?

neonlightsxo
#36First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 10:54am

Well, how well could they possibly be selling when people don't know anything about the cast or this show? Before the first preview was canceled, I looked at Telecharge last week and there were a lot of seats available. A lot.

Updated On: 2/16/16 at 10:54 AM

Broadwaystar2
#37First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 11:18am

ChildofEarth said: "ACL2006 said: "it's supposed to start previews on March 31 & open on April 21. If the first few previews get cancelled, how much further can they push back opening night?? What's the latest date for the Tony cut-off?

"

I'm assuming they don't think they are getting nominated. Maybe performing would help them, however..

"

April 28th is the TONY cut off. Opening night of Shuffle Along. 

wicked4l
#38First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 5:31pm

Just checked Telecharge. Not one seat has been sold in the mezzanine or balcony for the first preview. Not one.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#39First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 5:35pm

It honestly saddens me that a prime Broadway house is being used for this inevitable failure.

Fosse76
#40First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 7:00pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "It honestly saddens me that a prime Broadway house is being used for this inevitable failure."

Where are the complaints about American Psycho? It seems to be selling only marginally better than Nerds. And I checked Telecharge and tickets are, in fact, sold for the Mezzanine and Balcony. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#41First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 7:12pm

They continue to tweet...

https://twitter.com/NerdsMusical/status/699745220712275968

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

@z5
#42First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 7:33pm

It postponed previews by ONE night...The Crucible did the same thing....any no one is discussing how it would inevitably fail. Seriously, chill.

toofunktastic2
#43First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 7:38pm

@z5 said: "It postponed previews by ONE night...The Crucible did the same thing....any no one is discussing how it would inevitably fail. Seriously, chill.

I mean there is a pretty big difference between a show which has an announced cast and a big name actress postponing their first preview because said big name actress has been nominated for an oscar, and a show which had not announced any cast whatsoever big name or otherwise postponing their first preview without any stated reason whatsoever. 

Not saying this show will definitely fail but it's not really the same situation.

Updated On: 2/16/16 at 07:38 PM

two ladies tickets
#44First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 7:41pm

There were two women talking about Nerds today in line at AFCU. They were talking loudly so I couldn't help but hear them. One of them was clearly working on the show, I'm not sure if it was for a designer or she was a backstage crew member. She was telling her friend that everyone that has been hired on the show is still looking for other work in case they cancel, and she mentioned that if they do get to opening they would surely close very quickly. 

We've all said as much on here of course and we've all worked on our share of flops but it must be awful going in to a new project knowing the odds are completely stacked against it. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#45First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 7:54pm

@z5 said: "It postponed previews by ONE night...The Crucible did the same thing....any no one is discussing how it would inevitably fail. Seriously, chill."

The Crucible, an established and beloved property, announced an A-list cast and extremely hot director months ago.

Nerds starts its run in slightly over a month, has not announced a single cast member, features very few prominent creative team members, and has been in development for over a decade to very little acclaim. It doesn't even had advertisements.

So similar.

bwaydreamer
#46First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 8:02pm

Oh come on.  Yes it is VERY different than the Crucible in every way so that is a poor analogy.  But at least its something original and not based off a movie or jukebox musical.  I will always give new things the benefit of the doubt until they open.  I'm hoping its more along the lines of a Spelling Bee and less of a Hands on a Hard Body or Something Rotten. 

Pootie2
#47First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 8:28pm

I'm interested in original new works as well, but how many other shows have gotten this far, opening in about a month, but with no cast? This confuses me.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

bwaydreamer
#48First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 8:30pm

True.  But as long as it DOES have a cast, and people say its not complete garbage, I'll see it just because its original.  I'm so sick of jukebox and movie adaptations.  

toofunktastic2
#49First Preview of NERDS has been canceled
Posted: 2/16/16 at 8:31pm

I'm happy to give a new show the benefit of the doubt, but in this case when the production team doesn't seem to care enough to even attempt to advertise the show in any way besides saying it was coming to broadway, I feel perfectly with ok with not giving them such doubt.