pixeltracker

Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway- Page 2

Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#25Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:07pm

Really no news here, we already knew it was coming to Broadway. It would've been interesting if they announced what theatre group they're working with, normally you get an announcement that a show is opening in Spring 2017 at a Shubert theatre to be announced for example. So this announcement tells they are no where near getting a theatre and will only open in 2017 if they get one. This seems something to keep investors interested.

i reckon it will be in the Broadway, Fiddler will be done by Spring/Fall 2017.

brian1973
#26Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:08pm

Hello Dolly is booked into the St James- and Something Rotten filling it till then.

youre welcome!

Updated On: 3/17/16 at 03:08 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:10pm

brian1973 said: "Hello Dolly is booked into the St James- and Something Rotten filling it till then."

Source? I reckoned that Dolly! would go into the St. James after Rotten, too, when news of that production emerged, but who has verified it for you?

brian1973
#28Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:13pm

I for one am looking forward to it.

I enjoyed it in London- it wasn't the best show ever, but it had some great design and fun moments.

It's clearly a new version though as there's no way a director of O'Briens standing will just direct a show using the same physical production as Mendes'

Also a new choreographer.. And some new songs.

Could be a lot of fun.

brian1973
#29Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:15pm

I have colleagues working on Dolly.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#30Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:16pm

Lyric Theatre?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

massofmen
#31Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:26pm

Maybe it's taking over the shubert. Matilda closes (possibly) in January and it comes in following that. 

KathyNYC2
#32Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:27pm

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Lyric Theatre?

"

I seriously hope NOT. That theater is just HUGE...too big for this show IMO.

BroadMagTech
#33Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:32pm

I think its safe to say it is not going into the Lyric.

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#34Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:33pm

KathyNYC2 said: "Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Lyric Theatre?

"I seriously hope NOT. That theater is just HUGE...too big for this show IMO."

The show's London home, the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane has about 250 more seats than the Lyric.

Updated On: 3/17/16 at 03:33 PM

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#35Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:37pm

It's literally Dolly to Frozen change-over.  It's happening.  It will not be the St. James.  They are going to want a theatre where this can run long term (even though it will not).

Broadway World's Fireman.

10086sunset
#36Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 3:51pm

Back in January, Riedel also mentioned Hello Dolly was likely St. James bound. 

I'm guessing it's the Lunt-Fontanne. 

brian1973
#37Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 4:01pm

Frozen is going to open at one of the bigger houses, not St James.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#38Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 4:04pm

The St. James is one of the largest houses on Broadway...

¿Macavity?
#39Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 4:11pm

massofmen said: "Maybe it's taking over the shubert. Matilda closes (possibly) in January and it comes in following that. 

"

Really? I've heard nothing about this. I thought it was doing well.

JM226
#40Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 4:19pm

brian1973 said: "Frozen is going to open at one of the bigger houses, not St James."

St. James theater IS one of the bigger houses... 

funhamilton_rent
#41Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 5:30pm

I saw this back in 2014 in London and I thought it was amazing. The one part that should be tweaked for Bway is the gum chewing girl (I can't remember her name). Because she was black and was the only one with a rap song, people will say that the show is racist. I didn't really think that, but many will. Besides that, this will do VERY WELL on Broadway. Matilda was half as popular as Charlie and it did very well. I'm excited to see what theatre this goes into, but I'm betting the Lunt Fontanne or St James (even though I don't was Rotten! to close).

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#42Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 5:33pm

funhamilton_rent said: "I saw this back in 2014 in London and I thought it was amazing. The one part that should be tweaked for Bway is the gum chewing girl (I can't remember her name). Because she was black and was the only one with a rap song, people will say that the show is racist. I didn't really think that, but many will. Besides that, this will do VERY WELL on Broadway. Matilda was half as popular as Charlie and it did very well. I'm excited to see what theatre this goes into, but I'm betting the Lunt Fontanne or St James (even though I don't was Rotten! to close).

Ewww, that made me cringe. I really hope they change

that. 

brian1973
#43Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 5:41pm

I've worked on shows in nearly every Broadway house and you are wrong.

the stage is one of the shallowest on Broadway and it has little wing-space . There are much bigger stages and Frozen is going to another theatre.

You will see!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#44Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 5:56pm

I can see FROZEN taking the Broadway. That theater hasn't had a hit since MISS SAIGON. FIDDLER shouldn't last any longer than and year and half.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#45Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 6:22pm

I bet Charlie takes the Broadway, Dolly takes the St. James, Miss Saigon takes the Shubert, Aladdin moves to the Lunt-Fontanne, and Frozen takes the New Amsterdam

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 3/17/16 at 06:22 PM

BroadMagTech
#46Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/17/16 at 6:36pm

I could see that happening

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#47Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/18/16 at 12:21am

What about the Marquis? It's got a sizeable backstage area. 

itis2l84u Profile Photo
itis2l84u
#48Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 7:50pm

So they're looking for adults to play the children except Charlie. This doesn't seem like a good idea...

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#49Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 7:50pm

itis2l84u said: "So they're looking for adults to play the children except Charlie. This doesn't seem like a good idea..."

What? According to where?

Videos