pixeltracker

How many people on these boards work in theatre?- Page 2

How many people on these boards work in theatre?

ItShoulaBeenMe2015 Profile Photo
ItShoulaBeenMe2015
theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#26How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/22/16 at 3:35pm

Actor here in NYC. Off-Broadway.

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#27How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/22/16 at 4:03pm

I do. I'm a (primarily) midwest based director and choreographer, but I've worked in NYC and LA as well. I'm an SDC associate member. I used to be a performer and I am a dancer, however, I haven't performed in a show since I did WSS in 2009. I also run a theater company, coach acting and audition prep, and am a dance instructor. Occasionally I will SM, dramaturg, set design, or light design a production, but none of those are my specialty. I've been in theater since I was 6 and performed in my first professional show at 12. Received my BFA in Theater with a minor in Dance in 2008 and I will finally start applying to MFA directing programs this coming fall/winter for fall 2017 admittance. 

Updated On: 3/22/16 at 04:03 PM

mailhandler777
#28How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/22/16 at 5:00pm

Don't work in theatre at all. Just a huge supporter.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#29How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/22/16 at 5:02pm

I don't work in the theater at all either. Just a patron- but hey, no one would have a job in theater without us patrons too!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#30How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 10:56am

I get up, go to work and ACT like I like it.  Does that count?

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#31How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 11:08am

denali.fire said: "I get up, go to work and ACT like I like it.  Does that count?"

Thanks everybody for the responses—this one is probably my favorite How many people on these boards work in theatre?

wcoyote
#32How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 12:20pm

38 Years - Stagehand

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#33How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 12:24pm

I work in the industry.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#34How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 12:32pm

Add one more to the list of devoted patrons. I hope to find a way to eventually incorporate my day job into the work of a theatre company, but even then, my current skill set wouldn't really allow me much direct involvement. Who knows what could happen, though! 

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#35How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 1:04pm

Is there a job for professional audience member? 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#36How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 4:55pm

I'm not a professional yet, but I would like to be! I have a BA in Theatre and I'm going to be starting my MA in Applied Theatre in the fall. I'm also a trained singer and actress and I have worked for some merch companies and front of house. So, yes and no, I suppose.

The Glenbuck Laird Profile Photo
The Glenbuck Laird
#37How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 5:06pm

I need a computer for work and so I don't work in the theatre as the laptop would light up the auditorium like a Christmas tree

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#38How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 5:08pm

The Glenbuck Laird said: "I need a computer for work and so I don't work in the theatre as the laptop would light up the auditorium like a Christmas tree"

How many people on these boards work in theatre?

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#39How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 7:18pm

Playwright, lyricist, frequent dramaturg. Taught playwriting and theater history for 12 years. In the past I've done everything from box office to marketing to directing.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#40How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 7:46pm

From acting to ushering, tickets, coat check, to asst. house manager, to house manager, to house, bar, and concession manager. retired now.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

DeNada
#41How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 8:02pm

I did for several years.  Now I don't.

You can, however, see some of my work on Broadway right now! (this does not really describe the miniscule level of my contribution...)

I miss the industry and many of the people I worked with every day; however, my current job suits me much better than what I was doing in theatre, and I do a (much) better job because of it.

h6p8gv
#42How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 8:18pm

Does volunteering at one count if so I volunteer at one

Esther2 Profile Photo
Esther2
#43How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 9:06pm

Worked the stage door for 35 years (until another management group took over 4 years ago - and really, who wants to work the stage door these days...) in addition to my day job which is not related to the fun job.  Still have my day job.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#44How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 9:49pm

I assisted a number of the greatest Broadway Set Designers back in the '80s, so got to be a fly on the wall of some major shows.

Moved on to become a Production Designer in feature films, but still wish I was designing for the theater instead.

"I was younger then,

I was good at climbing trees."

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#45How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 10:16pm

I get people to the theatre hopefully on time!

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#46How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/23/16 at 10:33pm

Front of house.  Mostly Bway, but everywhere else, too.  45 yrs, p/t.  Got to see about 2,000 diff shows for FREE!  Yes, I was a tiny little kid back then.  Greatest p/t UNION job in the universe.

I'm "TINY"aka TheTinyMagic. BWW log on problems forever. Yeesh.

Caitiecait92
#47How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/28/16 at 11:16pm

SnoopyQc said: "Like PThespian, my job isn't directly related to theater. I am a speech and language pathologist. So theatre is my principal hobby. But as a SLP, I am often concern about actor and singer voice. I can detect bad voice and singing behaviors. And I can also hear the first signs of voice disorders (before most people). Unfortunately, that can spoiled my enjoyment.

In the near future, I want to do a musical with people with speech and language disabilities (stuttering, aphasia, etc.).

"

I am currently in graduate school to become an SLP. I often wondered if SLPs work within the Broadway community. To me it would make perfect sense to hire SLPs to work in the Bway community to help the actors with vocal hygiene and accents. 

I would be very interested in seeing a musical or a play with actors with speech and language disabilities. I mean studies have shown memorizing scripts and music therapy enhance speech and language production! 

ghostlight2
#48How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 3/29/16 at 7:29am

Interesting thread.

"Does volunteering at one count if so I volunteer at one"

Absolutely it does.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#49How many people on these boards work in theatre?
Posted: 4/23/16 at 6:30am

Worked in theatre for years, not anymore

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian