pixeltracker

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
CurtainsUpat8
#1Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 11:53am

This is the number of times I have entered the Hamilton Lottery and received the following message (with a different date of course)...

"Unfortunately, you were not selected to receive tickets to the March 27, 2016 3:00 pm performance of HAMILTON.

Please try entering again for a future performance."

Dear Lin Manuel... can you please arrange to fix the lottery so I can win? You can private message me for my email address. Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you. I've heard good things about the show!

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#2Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:58pm

You entered every minute?

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#3Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:32pm

there haven't been that many days that you could enter

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

JM226
Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
pupscotch
#6Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:40pm

I'm wondering if some of you didn't get the RENT reference, or just chose to ignore it. I think this whole post is hilarious!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:47pm

Of course we "got" it.  I don't know what the connection is to LMM, however.  (96,000 might have been a more clever choice)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

JM226
NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#9Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 2:32pm

pupscotch said: "I'm wondering if some of you didn't get the RENT reference, or just chose to ignore it. I think this whole post is hilarious!"

That's why I asked if the OP entered every minute 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

CurtainsUpat8
#10Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 3:26pm

It's just a little Broadway joke folks. I can always depend on DramaMama to be a downer. lol.  I don't know what 96,000 means since I haven't seen Hamilton. I don't like to listen to shows before I see them. 

So Lin if you are out there... please hook me up.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#11Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 3:30pm

96,000 is a song from IN THE HEIGHTS which Lin wrote and won the Tony for.

Just give the world Love.

CurtainsUpat8
dramamama611
#13Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 3:52pm

1/2 the posts here are in the same vein as is mine, but I'M the downer?  OK.  My comment wasn't even directed at you, but to the person that thought we didn't see the Rent reference.  IS there a tie between Rent and LMM that I'm missing?  That was an earnest query.

You yourself said you didn't understand my reference to 96,000, but then a post later say that you did?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

JM226
#14Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 3:53pm

no you didnt. also, don't jokes have to be grounded in something to be funny.  what WOULD be funny is if you were quoting a line or lyric from the show itself.  just don't understand the connection between Hamilton and Rent

CurtainsUpat8
#15Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 3:59pm

omg! lol. Broadway is the connection people. Lin Manuel and Rent are both a part of Broadway.

Anyway Lin... pay no attention to these people. Just send me a private message. We can hang out after if you want and get a drink.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#16Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 4:46pm

Oh dear Lord.

Just give the world Love.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#17Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 5:04pm

File this thread under: EPIC FAIL.

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#18Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 5:42pm

CurtainsUpat8 said: "Anyway Lin... pay no attention to these people. Just send me a private message. We can hang out after if you want and get a drink."

I honestly hope that you are trolling us rather than actually beliving that he will do this. The man is really tired, you can see it in his eyes. There is no reason that he would talk to you and not get some rest. You are not even a superfan of his, as you don't know the title of his most popular song from his second most popular musical. End rant.

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

#19Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 5:49pm

I have received that same, "Unfortunately, you were not selected" emails 11 times so far.  Last night I had a long-standing business dinner I HAD to attend, but I still entered the lottery anyway.  Why?

Just to see how it felt to say to myself, "Oh man, I hope I don't win.  Please don't pick me!  Please don't pick me!"  

I was so happy to find out I lost yesterday!  I really was!  

I know -- I probably need to see a shrink.  

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#20Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 7:00pm

pupscotch said: "I'm wondering if some of you didn't get the RENT reference, or just chose to ignore it. I think this whole post is hilarious!"

I hate hyperbole. A zillion more times than you do!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#21Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 8:12pm

32,000 would have been even better.

dramamama611
#22Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 8:14pm

But then he'd have had to post it 3 times.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
rodrigo_ca
#24Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 10:43pm

More like five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred Hamilton threads

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#25Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred entries-an open note to Lin Manuel
Posted: 3/27/16 at 10:47pm

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I knew that."

lol I love how much you really DIDN'T get the reference to 96,000 (like Lin-Manuel would give you tickets to see Hamilton now, after demonstrating your lack of knowledge of his shows). 

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."