Tony nom rants

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#25Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:01am

Somehow she will survive. Truth be told, the role did not deserve consideration.It was ok but no great shakes.

Poster Emeritus

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#26Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:01am

No Patti!?

or, She Who Must Not Be Named?

Tony nom rants

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

lucas_glenn
#27Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:04am

No Krysta Rodriguez for Spring Awakening? Barely anything for Spring Awakening??!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#28Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:04am

No nod for China Doll? You are kidding me, right?

Poster Emeritus

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#29Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:05am

is it really sad that I don't care about this years awards at all?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#30Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:05am

lucas_glenn said: "No Krysta Rodriguez for Spring Awakening? Barely anything for Spring Awakening??!"

Considering most people thought the production would get entirely snubbed, I'm just happy it got those 2 big nominations! 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#31Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:06am

So shocked to see that Bright Light and School of Rock got so much love, but Audra, JHud, and Annaleigh didn't. So happy for Carmen, Jennifer, Adrianna, and Alex though 

rebeccmam31
#32Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:07am

lucas_glenn said: "No Krysta Rodriguez for Spring Awakening? Barely anything for Spring Awakening??!"

I don't know if I'd call Best Revival and Best Direction barely anything.  I was just delighted about those.  I was thoroughly impressed and moved by Krysta, but it was just a PACKED year.

non-stop26 Profile Photo
non-stop26
#33Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:11am

I'm actually pretty happy with the noms this year. Most of the people on these boards predicted them correctly, so that was great! Yeah Audra, Annaleigh, JHud, and others didn't get it, but I'm happy my other favorites did. I didn't expect Jonathan Groff to be nominated though.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#34Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:11am

My only big complaints (keep in mind these are my personal opinions with no disrespect to those who won the actual nominations):

- Audra should have been nominated over Phillipa 

- Benjamin Walker should have been nominated over Zachary Levi

- Gavin Creel should have been nominated over Jonathan Groff

Everything else was very much how I hoped it would be. 

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#35Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:12am

so glad SPRING AWAKENING got Revival and Michael got the Director Nom

JM226
#36Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:12am

My only big complaints (keep in mind these are my personal opinions with no disrespect to those who won the actual nominations):

everything, from your rant to the actual nominations, is an OPINION. someone or something cannot be "snubbed" or "robbed" when its outcome is based on an individual's opinion. No need for you to apologize at all for your opinion. 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#37Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:13am

I'm disappointed to not see Ben Walker and Nicola Walker nominated, but the acting categories this year were an embarrassment of riches. When Ben Walker is the 5th or 6th best in a year, we're lucky.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#38Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:13am

I'm very upset about the Annaleigh snub, but she won last year, so I'm trying to be chill about it. 

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#39Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:22am

I think Groff was overkill. I would've preferred to see Paul Alexander Nolan get that slot.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

KathyNYC2
#40Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:28am

CindersGolightly said: "I'm very upset about the Annaleigh snub, but she won last year, so I'm trying to be chill about it. 

"

OK..I'll go along with that. Trying to be chill.... a little annoyed but Annaleigh did win last year and there was a lot of talent this year.

I will say one thing - there were some lesser known/less predictable nominees who got selected in various categories...not just the same noms over and over. I can't say I am complaining about that..

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#41Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:32am

sad about Annaleight, and I think Leslie in Dames was forgotten as well. And sad Tuck got almost entirely snubbed. I would have liked to see them get noms at least for scenic design (over Shuffle perhaps) and score (over SoR). Also think Terrance Mann did a great job and could haven gotten in.

But I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it went otherwise! This was the most exciting part. Being in Europe again now I doubt I'll stay up until 6am on a Sunday night to watch Hamilton win everything in June.

FancyNacy
#42Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:34am

I'm so sad about Tuck and AP. I would have loved maybe another design award for Tuck since the visuals are stunning and maybe something for Terrance or Carolee? But I have to say there was a lot of stuff to see this season. 

Wish Sarah Lewis had a chance but damn look who was nominated. 

Well, got a lot of shows to go see now!!! 

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#43Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:35am

Someone just not getting nominated isn't a snub, especially if they weren't that expected to be included anyway or if it was a competitive category.

I am pretty pleased with these nominations, actually. My only real disappointment was leaving off Nicola Walker for A View from the Bridge. I was also holding out some small hope that Cassie Beck would be nominated for The Humans, but I'm not very surprised. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

The Other One
#44Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:38am

I was not a big fan of this revival of "A View From The Bridge," but Nicola Walker was excellent.  No argument with the women who were nominated, but I understand your disappointment.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#45Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:38am

backwoodsbarbie said: "I think Groff was overkill. I would've preferred to see Paul Alexander Nolan get that slot."

This.  To me if feels like the nominators were ticking the box every time Hamilton came up, almost in an effort to make it break the record.  I'm super bummed for Nolan who year after year puts in amazing work (albeit in not the most well-received shows), but his work in Bright Star is far more deserving of recognition that Groff's.

BeNice Profile Photo
BeNice
#46Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:41am

I'm actually a little surprised the band kids in School of Rock weren't given a special Tony like they did with Matilda and Billy Elliot. Those kids playing the band are really something to behold this season.

After Eight
#47Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:43am

"To me if feels like the nominators were ticking the box every time Hamilton came up, almost in an effort to make it break the record."

If so, they sure succeeded in their effort.

KathyNYC2
#48Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:48am

BeNice said: "I'm actually a little surprised the band kids in School of Rock weren't given a special Tony like they did with Matilda and Billy Elliot. Those kids playing the band are really something to behold this season.

"

That's an interesting idea I hadn't thought of. I do think it would be great to have an award for the entire "cast" as well as individual awards

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#49Tony nom rants
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:48am

It's still mathematically impossible for them to beat The producers for wins, isn't it?  They can't all win best supporting actor!

Videos