pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 68

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

teatime2
#1675HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/24/19 at 10:10am

teatime2 said: "Jamila left the Chicago production yesterday. Any word on who the new Eliza is?"

Any news?

amlheureux
#1676HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/27/19 at 10:55pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "I'd like to see the Chicago production once more before it closes. I have yet to hear anything about Nikki Rene Daniels as Angelica, and Akron Watson as Burr."

Here to help! Akron Watson is very good-- he's a wonderful dancer and he nails both of Burr's big numbers (Wait For It and Room Where It Happens). I don't love all his acting choices. Nikki is a huge improvement over Montego Glover who I actively couldn't stand. I would say both aren't the best or worst to do it their parts in Chicago-- and both are better than the current principles in New York.

DottieD'Luscia said: "Tommar Wilson (Burr and others standby) also left the show on Sunday. I was always curious about his performance, but don't remember reading anything hear about it."

Saw Wilson as George Washington and Burr. The former was well sung although he's pretty small so it was funny to see Gregory Treco tower over both him and Miguel Cervantes. His Burr was phenomenal. The best acting of anyone I've seen/heard (more than a dozen at this point) and probably 3-4 favorite overall. His 'Wait For It' was the only song he didn't totally knock out of the part but the rest was amazing. I miss him terribly.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1677HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/28/19 at 9:09am

Thank you, amlheureux!!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1678HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/28/19 at 10:57am

teatime2 said: "teatime2 said: "Jamila left the Chicago production yesterday. Any word on who the new Eliza is?"

Any news?
"

Nothing yet. I’m guessing she starts tomorrow (Wednesday) as TaTynisa was Eliza this past week and will also be Eliza today.

amlheureux
#1679HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/29/19 at 10:33pm

SchuylWERKsister said: "teatime2 said: "teatime2 said: "Jamila left the Chicago production yesterday. Any word on who the new Eliza is?"

Any news?
"

Nothing yet. I’m guessing she starts tomorrow (Wednesday)asTaTynisa was Eliza this past week and will also be Eliza today.
"

I'll be there tomorrow and will report in!

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1680HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/1/19 at 1:50pm

Alysha Deslorieux is Chicago’s new Eliza.

MollyJeanneMusic
#1681HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/1/19 at 3:50pm

With the Chicago closing announcement, are there any people from the Chicago cast who you would like to see/who you think will transfer to the Broadway production?

"I think that when a movie says it was 'based on a true story,' oh, it happened - just with uglier people." - Peanut Walker, Shucked

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1682HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/1/19 at 7:22pm

Miguel Cervantes would be fabulous as the full time broadway Hamilton if he wants it after 3 years in Chicago. Paris Nix would add some life to the Broadway cast. I thought Akron Watson and Jamaal Fields-Green both had some very strong points.

I’ve had several viewings of the Angelica tour in the past few months and there’s some significant fierceness there. Stephanie Umoh is a great Angelica with a strong voice and significant stage presence, Olivia Puckett is a shockingly good Peggy/Maria, and Edred Utomi is fierce. He had me in tears during It’s Quiet Uptown and he was as well. He’s one of the strongest rapping Hamiltons I’ve heard in a long time. He also is a stronger dancer then most of the Hamiltons. He doesn’t just move, he actually dances. I have to give it up for Wonza Johnson, one of the standbys. I saw him last week as Burr and I really, really liked him. He was an excellent singer and dancer and his rapping improved as he settled into the show. 

DottieD'Luscia
#1683HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/1/19 at 7:48pm

I hope to catch the Angelica tour when they're in Baltimore. Edred Utomi is my favorite Hamilton out of the five different actors I have seen.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

amlheureux
#1684HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/2/19 at 8:19pm

MollyJeanneMusic said: "With the Chicago closing announcement, are there any people from the Chicago cast who you would like to see/who you think will transfer to the Broadway production?"

I think New York is foolish not to get Miguel in there. I know he's been doing it for almost 3 years but he shows no signs of performance fatigue. His acting, dancing and singing are all on point. Paris Nix also would be great in New York. I think he's one of the few who is equally great at Lafayette and Jefferson.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#1685HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/3/19 at 1:17am

I love Miguel and besides seeing him in Chicago, I caught him when he did his short stint on Broadway. He's a wonderful Hamilton and he's only gotten better with time. His wife, Kelly, posted a little bit on her blog about decisions post-Hamilton:
https://www.kellycervantes.com/blog/goodthings

When we first moved to Chicago I was certain we would be here one year and then we would return to New York. I had no idea how this city and its people would capture our hearts. As the inevitable questions of “what’s next” start pouring in we are relieved to know that we have until next year to figure that out. We absolutely love Chicago and the Hamilton family has been amazing to us. Truthfully, the last three years, as emotionally challenging as they have been, have been a dream in every other way. Miguel has described it as being tied to a rocket with an open parachute on your back. But its a damn cute parachute! So, do we try and stay in Chicago and make our life here? Do we cross our fingers that Hamilton will offer Miguel the role in another city? There will be some very serious discussions in the Cervantes house these next few months to be sure.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1686HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/3/19 at 1:28am

This makes me so glad I bit the bullet and bought my ticket to see Hamilton again in Chicago when I’m there for one night on June 14th. I felt a bit foolish because I have already seen it twice in Chicago (plus once on Broadway in 2015) and I had just bought tickets to see The Phillip Tour when it’s here in OKC (our first time hosting Hamilton!) On August 14th. But now, I know I made the right decision. I just needed to experience Hamilton in Chicago (and with Miguel) one more time before I have to say goodbye to this particular production.

amlheureux
#1687HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/16/19 at 8:51pm

Jimmie 'JJ' Jeter's final show in Chicago today. He was a Burr understudy (I saw him in December 2017), Hamilton standby (he's been doing it on Sundays since Joseph Morales went on tour) and also a King George understudy too? So talented and charming. He will be missed.

Carvens Lissaint also did his last show today in NY today as George Washington. The New York cast was starting to head in the right direction but losing him is a big blow. I'm excited to see who takes his place.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1688HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/18/19 at 4:54pm

In a really smart choice, Nicholas Christopher returns to Hamilton Broadway as Washington.

In Chicago, Kameron Richardson replaces JJ Jeter as the Hamilton standby.

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#1689HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/18/19 at 5:01pm

Giuseppe Bausilio also joins the Broadway cast as Charles Lee tonight!

DottieD'Luscia
#1690HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/3/19 at 1:27pm

I see that Kyle Scatliffe is now listed as Lafayette/Jefferson on Broadway.  Is this temporary, or did James Monroe Iglehart leave?

I noticed Ryan Vasquez has left the Broadway company. Not sure when that happened.

Updated On: 9/3/19 at 01:27 PM

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#1691HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/3/19 at 1:43pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "I see that Kyle Scatliffe is now listed as Lafayette/Jefferson on Broadway. Is this temporary, or did James Monroe Iglehart leave?"

I don't know about the permanent part, but JMI is doing Hercules this week, so he is out at least until the 8th.

bmgills
#1692HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/3/19 at 2:21pm

According to his Instagram, Kyle is there until September 24.

kmissa
#1693HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/3/19 at 2:25pm

CarmenA3 said: "DottieD'Luscia said: "I see that Kyle Scatliffe is now listed as Lafayette/Jefferson on Broadway. Is this temporary, or did James Monroe Iglehart leave?"

I don't know about the permanent part, but JMI is doing Hercules this week, so he is out at least until the 8th.
"

I’m not sure if he’s only promoting it, but I think he may he part of Freestyle Love Supreme, too. 

conealpetterson
#1694HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/3/19 at 2:29pm

Ryan Vasquez left to do The Wrong Man. It sounded like he would be back at Hamilton after the Off-Broadway run. But that could change if The Wrong Man goes to Broadway.

DottieD'Luscia
#1695HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/3/19 at 2:39pm

Re: Ryan Vasquez - thanks! That's right, I remember seeing his name associated with The Wrong Man.

Just came across this regarding Kyle Scatliffe.

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/196775/kyle-scatliffe-reprises-touring-turn-in-broadways-hamilton-for-limited-run/?fbclid=IwAR2ohPatOjaHIqkm_hGKw2iVwx9GofATJbnyhWNpsF3LcOUrIgNCjn67PnI

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1696HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/3/19 at 2:41pm

Interestingly enough it also seems Kyle Scatliffe was filling in at To Kill a Mockingbird.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1jjT83l0ns/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

beatofthedrum27
#1697HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/19 at 2:36pm

So, we know that many people are leaving the Hamilton family soon. On BWAY and on Tour.

BWAY:
Austin Scott as Hamilton
Denee Benton as Eliza
Anthony Lee Medina as Laurens/Philip
Joanna A. Jones as Peggy/Maria

Tour:
Nik Walker as Burr

We already know that Krystal Joy Brown is taking over for Denee on Dec. 10. Does anyone have any insight into who else may be coming in?!?!?

MyLife
#1698HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/19 at 3:27pm

Sad to see those 4 go in the Broadway production. In my opinion. they're the 4 best in the principal cast. I could think of 3 others who have been around for a long time, and I would love to see some new blood fill those roles...

followtheneon Profile Photo
followtheneon
#1699HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/19 at 4:11pm

Based on his recent Insta stories, Ryan Vasquez might be coming back to the Broadway production. Maybe as Hamilton?

Updated On: 11/26/19 at 04:11 PM