pixeltracker

Burn This on Broadway Spring '17- Page 2

Burn This on Broadway Spring '17

carnzee
#25Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/16/16 at 7:39pm

Burn This on Broadway Spring '17  I guarantee A8 hates this play (ironic because Lanford has mentioned that it was inspired by Streetcar and A8 claims Williams is one of his fave playwrights....)

Best to ignore trolls! How interesting that it was inspired by Streetcar. A part of me wants to read it, on the other hand I just want to go in without knowing much. Without being spoilery, is Pale a Stanley type and Anna a Blanche? Or perhaps it's not so literal? And do you see Jake as a good fit?

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#26Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/16/16 at 7:45pm

Agreed, Gaveston.

As to the Streetcar inspiration--that's something I've puzzled over myself and, while I've come up with a number of theories (in some ways Pale embodies parts of Blanche--he's an outsider who shakes things up, who is tinged with tragedy and self-delusion--AND Stanley--the physicality, violent outbursts, etc) I'm not sure I've come up with any I'm happy with.  Maybe Lanford meant as little as that he re-watched Streetcar and was inspired to write this play.  I do think Jake, while not a typical role for him, will be up to the challenge. 

Updated On: 7/16/16 at 07:45 PM

Kevin98
#27Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/16/16 at 7:58pm

was Sunday supposed to go to Broadway anyway?

carnzee
#28Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/16/16 at 8:03pm

Kevin98 said: "was Sunday supposed to go to Broadway anyway?

"

It is part of an annual concert series, so I don't think there were ever any plans to do so. I think some just hoped it would.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#29Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/17/16 at 10:18am

Can we have a CONSTELLATIONS reunion? Because Ruth Wilson would be perfect for Anna.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

After Eight
#30Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/17/16 at 3:55pm

Eric said:

"I guarantee A8 hates this play "

Eric, don't speak for me, and don't make guarantees that you can't guarantee.

"A8 claims Williams is one of his fave playwrights....)"

Grown-ups use "favorite," not "fave."

carnzee said :

"Best to ignore trolls! "

If you consider me a troll, then you shouldn't be reading me, much less citing me. You can't even follow your own advice.

Updated On: 7/17/16 at 03:55 PM

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#31Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/18/16 at 12:54am

Then kindly shut the **** up.

After Eight
#32Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/18/16 at 3:36am

Eric,

Since it's you going on the attack --- for reasons known only to you ---  then it's you who should be following your own advice. Remember, if you want to avoid fights, don't start them.

Also, you would do well to clean up your language  --- as well as your act.

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#33Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/18/16 at 4:34am

My dear After Eight - Isn't it a little past your bedtime? Don't worry, we'll wake you if a revival of Summer and Smoke is announced.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#35Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 12:29am

The Hudson, cool. I passed by the theatre a few weeks ago during renovations. The back doors of the theatre were all open and I got a peak inside. Renovations are well under-way. Glad to hear they'll be finished by Spring. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#36Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 12:33am

What odd timing for a press release. 

10086sunset
#37Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 9:33am

Cupid Boy2 said: "What odd timing for a press release. 

Agreed, very odd timing for a release...

Happy the Hudson will be ready to go. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#38Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 11:59am

Broadway gains the Hudson theater, but we're losing the Helen Hayes & the Palace(for a few years).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#39Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 12:02pm

^and st. James.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#40Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 12:06pm

There sill be a revival (of sorts) going into the St. James for a little while that won't require a lot of sets (if any). I'm sure it will be announced soon.

smidge
#41Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 12:38pm

Jordan Catalano said: "There sill be a revival (of sorts) going into the St. James for a little while that won't require a lot of sets (if any). I'm sure it will be announced soon.

Oh God, is it Manilow again?

"

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#42Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 12:46pm

Wait, is Rotten closing, then?

carayip
#43Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 12:53pm

Why are they not announcing the actress for Anna and the other actor all together, when they have already been cast?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#44Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 1:01pm

abbagirl said: "Wait, is Rotten closing, then?

"

ROTTEN is expected to close by the end of the year. The St. James will be renovated during 2017 before FROZEN opens in Spring 2018.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#45Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 1:04pm

ACL2006 said: "ROTTEN is expected to close by the end of the year."

Uh, says who?

neonlightsxo
#46Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 1:05pm

carayip said: "Why are they not announcing the actress for Anna and the other actor all together, when they have already been cast?"

The world is complicated.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#47Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 3:02pm

ROTTEN's closing is basically planned around the renovation & FROZEN's opening. Mark my word, the show will be closing by mid-January. Also, it's grosses aren't exactly good right now & the balcony is closed off. Expect their grosses to dip more come September & a closing announcement to follow.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#48Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 4:04pm

@carayip As far as I know, the other actors have been cast, but details of their contracts are not finalized. And you can't make a press release before the contract is complete and signed. 

And it would be odd to deny the existence of the productions since a casting notice is already out (for minor roles and understudies). Hence the press release for the confirmed details.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#49Burn This on Broadway Spring '17
Posted: 7/19/16 at 4:31pm

AC126748 said: "Can we have a CONSTELLATIONS reunion? Because Ruth Wilson would be perfect for Anna.

Absolutely.  

"