WAR PAINT on Broadway

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#200WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 3/4/17 at 12:09am

Those costumes were not in the Chicago production. Ebersole's definitely wasn't, Patti's style is similar but it still looks like a new costume. I do like the picture, it's pretty!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#201WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/23/17 at 6:05am

If the show ends up extending past the leads contracts, I'd love to see Ana Gasteyer and Jennifer Laura Thompson take on Rubinstein and Arden respectively. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

scampsweep
#202WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/23/17 at 1:13pm

Is Patti back yet? If so, when did she return and is she is in full voice again? Thanks 

Another Winter Profile Photo
Another Winter
#203WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/23/17 at 2:56pm

scampsweep said: "Is Patti back yet? If so, when did she return and is she is in full voice again? Thanks "

Yes, she is back (on top). I saw her last night and she sounded TERRIFIC! (Christine also sounded amazing). I think she was back on Friday!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#204WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/24/17 at 9:29am

Another Winter said: "Yes, she is back (on top). I saw her last night and she sounded TERRIFIC! (Christine also sounded amazing). I think she was back on Friday!"

What a relief - we have tickets for this Saturday's matinee and I was getting worried!

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#205WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/24/17 at 12:48pm

Call_me_jorge said: "If the show ends up extending past the leads contracts, I'd love to see Ana Gasteyer and Jennifer Laura Thompson take on Rubinstein and Arden respectively. "

That casting seems brilliant. I think both of them are due for another leading role. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#206WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/24/17 at 6:12pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "If the show ends up extending past the leads contracts, I'd love to see Ana Gasteyer and Jennifer Laura Thompson take on Rubinstein and Arden respectively. "

That casting seems brilliant. I think both of them are due for another leading role.
"

Ana Gasteyer and Jennifer Laura Thompson? This show is going need bigger names than those to keep it running.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#207WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/24/17 at 6:37pm

They aren't the biggest of names, but it's not like they aren't unknown(I will say JLT is more of an unknown than Ana, though). Ana has had a respectable career on TV and film and I'd say she has pretty nice following. As for JLT, being apart of the OBC of DEH it has given her some recognition. I think whatever she goes onto next, fansens will follow. Also both Ana and Jennifer have a connection with the producers through Wicked, plus Jennifer is connected to Michael Greif.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 4/24/17 at 06:37 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#208WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/24/17 at 7:54pm

Finally a video montage 

https://youtu.be/1VCg0Kv2ypo

Another Winter Profile Photo
Another Winter
#209WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/24/17 at 8:10pm

I'm gonna watch that video over and over again until the cast album comes out! Kinda wish they'd feature more songs in the video, but I'll take what I can get!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#210WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/24/17 at 8:50pm

Donna Murphy (as Helena) and Marin Mazzie would be interesting replacements. They played love rivals in Passion and now could be reunited again as rivals once more :p. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#211WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/25/17 at 12:11am

I'm not sold on Murphy singing the score as it. It just seems out of her belt range now. Mazzie as Arden would be exquisite.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#212WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/25/17 at 12:13am

War Paint Musical Montage  ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VCg0Kv2ypo

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#213WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/25/17 at 12:13am

Yeah, Murphy's voice isn't what it used to be, I agree that it's out of her range. Mazzie is beyond perfect casting as Arden. 

broadwayboy223
#214WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/25/17 at 12:22am

Didn't one of the NYT article say that Donna was Arden in all the workshops?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#215WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/25/17 at 12:27am

Yes. 

broadwayboy223
#216WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 4/25/17 at 12:41am

I wonder how she did it. I'd be curious to hear her on Behind The Red Door and Pink 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#217WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code
Posted: 5/1/17 at 1:38pm

A new block of tickets will be on sale soon for Sept-Dec! Audience rewards has a presale offer.