Great Comet Rush

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#75Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/5/17 at 11:38pm

Did the Rush today with friends today, but we didn't get in line until 8am. We missed Rush seats by two people, so we just bought rear mezz. seats at box office. First guy in line arrived at 6:30, and people that were there by 7:30 all got Rush tickets. Loved the show and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to see it. It was on TKTS for 50% yesterday, but I didn't see what today's discount was. 

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
peacelovemagic1
#76Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/14/17 at 2:37am

I did rush for the Friday night show! My friend and I got in line around 6:40 and were the second and third people in line. Next set of people showed up around 7, and it was a steady flow of people queuing up after that. When I got coffee around 8, the line was already over 15 people. Our rush seats were E 18 and 20 in the orchestra, which were wonderful! Super close to all the action, and didn't feel like we missed anything except a few moments on the staircases/in the mezz. 

adagio
#77Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/14/17 at 10:38am

I rushed Thursday and requested a mezz ticket, as I'd previously bought tickets for tonight in the orchestra. We were first around 6 am, with several others arriving about 20 min after that. The line really started building just after 7am.

Was on 45th Wed at 6am for DEH - a couple people in the Great Comet line then, but somehow the next person for DEH didn't show up til 7!

We did DEH again today (Sat) so we could see it again before our trip is over. First person arrived around 4:40, next group at 5:30, and quite a few in the six o'clock hour. Great Comet line was building at about the same rate. Definitely show up early on the weekends!

Crazy NooNooHead Profile Photo
Crazy NooNooHead
#78Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/17/17 at 12:03pm

I rushed today. Got to the box office around 6:30 and was second in line, and no one else joined until around 7:30.

"I have maggots in my scrotum!"

zedpi
#79Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/17/17 at 3:06pm

Rushed again this past Saturday. Was 10th at 645ish. requested matinee  tickets in the mezzanine and got rear mezz full view tickets. Great seats and had terrific  view of entire stage. the first time I rushed I got seated in first row of orchestra extreme house right and those seats had a terrible view ( people in upstage tables blocking my view and having to constantly look up). The box office will accommodate requests for mezz.

Updated On: 1/17/17 at 03:06 PM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#80Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/17/17 at 3:11pm

Crazy NooNooHead said: "I rushed today. Got to the box office around 6:30 and was second in line, and no one else joined until around 7:30."

Where were your seats, and how many people showed up between 7:30 and 10?

Crazy NooNooHead Profile Photo
Crazy NooNooHead
#81Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/17/17 at 3:32pm

bjh2114 said: "Crazy NooNooHead said: "I rushed today. Got to the box office around 6:30 and was second in line, and no one else joined until around 7:30."

Where were your seats, and how many people showed up between 7:30 and 10?
"

My seat is in orchestra row B. I don't know how many people showed up after 7:30 because I spent most of the time napping, but I think it was around 8 when it started to get crowded. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

"I have maggots in my scrotum!"

LxGstv
#82Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/5/17 at 12:50am

Has anyone rushed recently? Was able to get broadway week tickets and I'm thinking of going again, just wondering what time I should plan to get there...

zzdawgg
#83Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/10/17 at 1:09am

Anyone rush lately?

LiveOutLoud Profile Photo
LiveOutLoud
#84Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/10/17 at 12:58pm

I rushed last Thursday. I got there around 6/6:30 and was second in line. Next person didn't show up til 8. There were maybe 15-20 people in line by 10. 

My seat was C 14. 

sonyaisgood
#85Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/10/17 at 2:00pm

I rushed the Wednesday matinee last week (Feb 1), got there round 11:30/12:00, and they had plenty of seats available. I got J 25 in the orch and my row was pretty much empty except for 2 people, so I moved to the aisle seat for act 2. Josh was in, too. I don't know how sold the evening show that day, though. 

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#86Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/11/17 at 11:39am

When I got to the box office at around 1045am today (Saturday), there were still a couple of rush seats left for the matinee (don't know where they were located).  The evening had sold out.  The box office attendant said all the rush seats are partial view for the staircase scenes but full view for the parlor scenes.

UncleCharlie
#87Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/11/17 at 6:51pm

For someone who's not familiar with the show or the stage layout, how much of the show is played on the staircase. In other words, how much of the show would you miss with the rush seats? Thanks.

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#88Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/12/17 at 9:02am

At about 820am this morning (Sunday), there were about 5 people on the rush line. Only 1-2 more people arrived by 9am.

kmac23 Profile Photo
kmac23
#89Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/12/17 at 5:17pm

Rushed Saturday Feb 11. Arrived at 7:30am. Was 18th in line. Next set of people behind me did not arrive until 8am.

36 people in line by 930 am. Got orchestra left seats, 2nd row for matinee. Missed a bit of the staircase activity (I think it is more concentrated on the right hand side so ask for RIGHT Orchestra seats if possible) BUT I didn't miss enough to make me upset about my seat choice.

Not sure if everyone got tickets - but it was a 2 show day.

Updated On: 2/15/17 at 05:17 PM

bwayluver2
#90Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/21/17 at 2:21pm

Rushed today for the 7pm show. Got there at 7:15 and was first in line. Probably about 10 people by 8:00. They told me they usually give out 28, but sometimes as little as 12. 

Seats are C 13,15 and D 15, 17.

djoko84
#91Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/22/17 at 7:22am

I rushed about a month ago and got there at 5pm. They had a couple of box seats tickets left which we quickly took. From what the box office told me the seats are usually reserved for the understudies, but if they don't use them then they're released to the public. Sometimes they don't find out till late in the day so we were very lucky.

sciencegirl
#92Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/22/17 at 8:15am

Got here at 7:30 today (weds). Only 4 ppl ahead of me, well, actually there were 3...Then a line buddy showed up. Grrrrr.  Still hoping for side orch C-D!  

....Line doubled at 8am, so 10 of us. It's now 9am and there are 25 ppl on line.    

and

got left side orchestra row B seats 11 & 13.  Happy and hopeful I don't miss much being so far to the side!

Updated On: 2/22/17 at 08:15 AM

Hamilfan2
#93Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/25/17 at 11:13am

Hoping to rush for the saturday night show or sunday matinee.  Anyone have any experience with these recently?  How early should I get there?

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#94Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/25/17 at 3:36pm

I did dear evan hansen standing room and got on line around 5:40ish 5:35..... I did not not see anyone line up at great comet for a substantial amount of time. I went on a two show day wednesday which would be similar to saturday. Sunday however I have no clue. I am gonna assume that the first person to get on line for great comet got there between 6:35-7:15 because when I woke up around 8ish there was a solid amount of people but not too many. 

lyceum Profile Photo
lyceum
#95Great Comet Rush
Posted: 2/25/17 at 6:14pm

I rushed the Friday 2/24 8 PM show. Arrived around 6:45 and was 3rd in line. Line grew steadily afterwards. Lots of people joined the Great Comet line around 9 when a box office employee at Dear Evan Hansen announced to the line at the Music Box that there were only 6 available rush tickets for their show.

I ended up with a pair of stage right orchestra seats far stage right in the first row. They were sold as partial view but I did not have many problems seeing.

simplelittlethings
#96Great Comet Rush
Posted: 3/3/17 at 12:24pm

Has anyone rushed this week? Heading out in the morning with a friend and trying to gauge how early we need to arrive. It will be freezing after a week+ of unseasonably warm weather, so I'm hoping that deters some people.

Thanks!

brdwybuff
#97Great Comet Rush
Posted: 3/3/17 at 7:04pm

I rushed this morning in the cold! I got there about 8:15 with 4 ppl ahead of me. My seat is row B, but doesn't say partial view?

felldown
#98Great Comet Rush
Posted: 3/4/17 at 3:15pm

Did you end up going this morning? Wondering what time you went/if you got tickets @simplelittlethings

Updated On: 3/4/17 at 03:15 PM

willep
#99Great Comet Rush
Posted: 3/8/17 at 11:04am

Rushed this morning and was the first in line at 7am. I got H 21 and 23. It will be my first time seeing it from the orchestra (previously onstage and rear mezz), so I'm excited to see a new angle and hope it is good!