pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Previews- Page 2

Dear Evan Hansen Previews

clb10162
#25Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/11/16 at 3:54pm

talinatter said: "I saw it four times off-Broadway and have tickets for the first preview, and also cannot imagine them changing much. The set looks identical, even the band is placed in the exact same spot. If any song were to have been cut, I think it would have been "to break in a glove," which I don't think they are cutting do to the recast of Michael Park, and his headshot on the website of him holding a ball and glove. Maybe they would introduce a new opening number that better introduces Evan rather than the mothers, but I doubt it. I am hoping that nothing major changes, but regardless, I know it will be wonderful. Expect a long and in depth review from me Monday night!

I saw it 5 times off-B'way (I tend to be obsessive about shows I love) and promised myself I would keep seeing it until I could sit through the whole thing without crying.  I can't imagine that happening any time soon.

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#26Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/11/16 at 4:50pm

On Tuesday, November 15, I will be waking at 3:30 AM in order to catch a 5 AM bus to Chicago O'Hare Airport, so that I can make a 9 AM flight to NY.  You can bet I'll be spending a part of the morning reading the Monday night reactions!

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#27Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/11/16 at 11:33pm

This musical literally saved my life when I felt everything was falling apart. Hope it will heal those drained or even traumatized by the egregious election or at least make people feel there's hope for tomorrow.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#28Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 10:55am

Hey all! Has anyone heard about rush/lotto? If not I will check in with box office on Wednesday morning and report back. Wanted to see the show Wednesday night and was hoping to not pay $100+

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

asmith0307
#29Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 11:17am

Nothing yet!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 11:17am

yay_gerb said: "Hey all! Has anyone heard about rush/lotto? If not I will check in with box office on Wednesday morning and report back. Wanted to see the show Wednesday night and was hoping to not pay $100+"

If it's based on availability, the existence of a rush may not help you, as many shows only have a handful of seats this week...

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#31Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 12:01pm

yay_gerb said: "Hey all! Has anyone heard about rush/lotto? If not I will check in with box office on Wednesday morning and report back. Wanted to see the show Wednesday night and was hoping to not pay $100+"

The Music Box has space allotted for standing room, and with the way the show has been selling, it should be a pretty sure bet as long as the creative team doesn't need that area during previews. After opening, though, it should definitely be an option.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#32Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 12:13pm

Hey, how's the view from the rear mezzanine in the Music Box?  I've never sat up there before.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#33Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 12:15pm

icecreambenjamin said: "Hey, how's the view from the rear mezzanine in the Music Box?  I've never sat up there before."

Excellent. Even the last row isn't bad. I opted for one of the $49 seats myself back there. 

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#34Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 4:33pm

Cupid Boy2 said: "icecreambenjamin said: "Hey, how's the view from the rear mezzanine in the Music Box?  I've never sat up there before."

Excellent. Even the last row isn't bad. I opted for one of the $49 seats myself back there. 
"

I'd be glad you got them when you did --- apparently they've upped those to $69 now, which is the cheapest seat in the house. That's a little disappointing as I was hoping to go back a few times and it's a lot harder to justify at $70+ a pop. Let's hope they do a lottery/rush after opening.

I'm also going tomorrow night and very excited! Saw it during previews at Second Stage and been dying to go back ever since.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#35Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 4:43pm

Very excited for this to begin. Wish it was still at the Belasco, though. 

jbm2
#36Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 10:38pm

For those of you who saw this off Broadway, how appropriate is it for a high school student?

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#37Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 10:40pm

Seeing this on Saturday, can't wait!! 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

talinatter Profile Photo
talinatter
#38Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 10:48pm

jbm2 said: "For those of you who saw this off Broadway, how appropriate is it for a high school student?

"

I am a high school sophomore and I found this show life changing. It is so important for high schoolers to see this show because it is about the actions of high schoolers and their impact. I recommend to all high schoolers 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#39Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 10:51pm

As a college junior, I found this show to be incredibly moving. It really is for everyone, teens and parents. SO EXCITED to be back Saturday night!!!! Anybody at the final dress tonight? David Korins bringing us backstage on snapchat was nice!

jbm2
#40Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 10:53pm

ethan231h said: "As a college junior, I found this show to be incredibly moving. It really is for everyone, teens and parents. SO EXCITED to be back Saturday night!!!! Anybody at the final dress tonight? David Korins bringing us backstage on snapchat was nice!

Thank you. Any sex? Nudity? A lot of language? 

Just want to know what I'm getting into.

"

talinatter Profile Photo
talinatter
#41Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/13/16 at 10:54pm

jbm2 said: "ethan231h said: "As a college junior, I found this show to be incredibly moving. It really is for everyone, teens and parents. SO EXCITED to be back Saturday night!!!! Anybody at the final dress tonight? David Korins bringing us backstage on snapchat was nice!

Thank you. Any sex? Nudity? A lot of language? 

Just want to know what I'm getting into.

"

"

None of that. If anything, it is upsetting. It is not inappropriate it just handles really emotional topics

jbm2
#42Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 12:26am

Any discount codes out there yet?

LaneBryant
#43Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 2:03am

Went to the invited dress. Beautifully written, the score is gorgeous, there were sniffles and sobs from the middle of Act 1 through the curtain. Not much more to say - it'll be loved by 18-35 year old white women, which means it'll be incredibly successful. Kristolyn Lloyd is awesome in her role but it's so obvious that they sought out a black girl to fill a diversity quota in response to the "why is the show so white" flack it received in DC..... smh 

It's great, it'll do well. Life goes on. 

clb10162
#44Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 5:06am

The official website indicates recommended for Ages 12 and over.  Having seen the show multiple times at Second Stage, I completely agree.  It's appropriate for middle schoolers as well as high schoolers.  Wish there were shows like this when I was that age (about 100 years ago).

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#45Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 7:55am

LaneBryant said: " Kristolyn Lloyd is awesome in her role but it's so obvious that they sought out a black girl to fill a diversity quota in response to the "why is the show so white" flack it received in DC..... smh 

It's great, it'll do well. Life goes on."

Totally not racist. Not one bit. 

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#46Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:31am

LaneBryant said: " Kristolyn Lloyd is awesome in her role but it's so obvious that they sought out a black girl to fill a diversity quota in response to the "why is the show so white" flack it received in DC..... smh 

GOOD. It's 2016. A contemporary musical without a single cast member of color is doing something wrong.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#47Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:53am

jbm2 said: "For those of you who saw this off Broadway, how appropriate is it for a high school student?

"

It's FOR high school students, it's ABOUT high school students.  I brought 50 kids to it at 2nd stage, they went nuts for it.

As to the comment from LaneBryant: it will hit home with a LOT more than white women from 18-35. It already does.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#48Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:32am

Thanks for the info everyone. Telecharge shows like 100 tickets still available for Wednesday night so i'm going to swoop by the box office then to see what their plan is. Will report back. Excited to finally see it! 

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

rebeccmam31
#49Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 1:18pm

"

I took two fourteen year olds.  They both were moved by it and related to the story.  There is some sexual talk and masturbation references, but seriously--they hear worse in the halls.

Videos