Dear Evan Hansen Rush

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#25Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/8/16 at 7:31pm

icecreambenjamin said: "Hey, would it be wise to buy tickets in the last row of the Music Box? How's the view?"

It's a great view - don't hesitate to buy them. The last row or two there is where I almost always sit when I'm seeing a show there.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#26Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/8/16 at 7:51pm

Thank you! ^

jessejaehoon
#27Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/9/16 at 1:37am

I did SRO tonight, I got 2 tickets at around 3:15. And I was in the house right section of SRO, so they were using as much of the back as they could for sure. View is great.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#28Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/9/16 at 3:34pm

Cupid Boy2 said: "icecreambenjamin said: "Hey, would it be wise to buy tickets in the last row of the Music Box? How's the view?"

It's a great view - don't hesitate to buy them. The last row or two there is where I almost always sit when I'm seeing a show there.

I sat in row O closest to the wall and it was a great view. 

"

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#29Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/9/16 at 4:15pm

How high is this stage exactly, where the view from mid-to-back of the house is more ideal than the front of the orchestra? Maybe Mezzanine is best vantage point for this show?

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#30Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/9/16 at 5:17pm

I got my tickets for row L on the aisle. Hopefully that'll be a good view.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#31Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 12:18pm

Question for anyone who's won the lottery: how exactly does it work? Does the person who won have to physically pick up the tickets/show ID? 

theatregeek02 Profile Photo
theatregeek02
#32Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 3:52pm

Is SRO offered every day? If so, what time should I arrive in order to get a spot?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#33Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 3:55pm

SRO is offered when the show is sold out. If the show is sold out when the box office opens, then they should be selling standing room tickets immediately. But again, it all depends on whether the show is sold out or not.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

boonanas
#34Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 4:22pm

I won the digital lottery today but didn't find out until it was too late.  I'm not torn apart because I just saw it on Saturday but this is proof that wins DO happen!

VintageSnarker
#35Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/21/16 at 7:24am

icecreambenjamin said: "Hey, would it be wise to buy tickets in the last row of the Music Box? How's the view?"

The view is fantastic unless the person in front of you decides to lean forward for no apparent reason. 

mulligan3
#36Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/21/16 at 6:00pm

good to know, because I haven't heard of anyone who'd won yet.   

Deanjelloo
#37Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/28/16 at 10:24am

Apparently the lottery is closed until January.

bstoll1
#38Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/28/16 at 10:35am

Yes, I heard from an employee they have suspended the lottery for now.  I am guessing they want to make more money during the holiday season and sell those seats for full price.

Notreallysilent 2
#39Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/28/16 at 10:56am

Yeah they did suspend it I think the twitter posted about it. But standing room is still available each performance. You have to get there super early though the line is really long over this holiday break.

Harpz2006
#40Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/28/16 at 12:54pm

I did SRO yesterday. People were lined up starting at 7:30 a.m. for the box office to open at 10. Everyone was very nice, mostly college-age-kids- but what bothered me was some people were having friends "meet" then in line right before the box office opened and then between the two of them would buy 3 or 4 tickets. I'm an out-of-towner- is saving a spot for a friend a thing?? I found it unfair to the many people waiting behind them who had been there the whole time.

Updated On: 12/28/16 at 12:54 PM

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#41Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/28/16 at 8:22pm

It's definitely NOT a thing if more than 2 total tickets are being purchased! Switching out is cool, or meeting a friend on line IF it doesn't impact the people behind you is cool, but it's definitely not okay to save spots for people to cut the line. (It's one thing if someone is running a little bit behind and you inform whoever is behind you, or someone leaves for 15m to bring back food or get coffee, but what you're describing is not cool.)

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#42Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/28/16 at 8:47pm

Definitely not a thing! You should have said something to them, especially if they were hurting your chances. The box office usually agrees with you, since no crazy person is going to make up lies like these. 

@z5
#43Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/28/16 at 8:59pm

I was also in the line yesterday and realized that was happening at around 945ish, but it did not impact me...so I'm not sure if they actually bought more than they said they were going to.

Harpz2006
#44Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/29/16 at 1:04am

they were right behind me- I was very early in line and was planning to buy a single ticket (and did). This young guy right behind me was in line for over an hour then right before purchasing time was discreetly joined by another person and they bought 3 tix. Over 30 people behind them. I just thought it was so rude as the line was very long and people were devotedly waiting in the cold!! 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#45Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/29/16 at 8:27am

How many SRO do they give out each day?

Also, line cutting is definitely not cool here in NYC. Ask the Hamilton cancellation line folks. Since each person is allowed to buy up to 2 standing room tickets, it's ok if a friend shows up 5 mins before but only if they are going to buy 2 tickets total for the two of them (not 4 tickets as that hurts the people behind you.)

Personally, for standing room tickets I think the box office should just sell 1 ticket per person to avoid line cutting drama as the box office opens.

#46Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/29/16 at 11:14am

Do we still really need to get there at 7:30am for rush seats? What if we came on a wednesday morning and was able to go to either matinee or evening performance? I'm just 1 person.

Harpz2006
#47Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/29/16 at 11:31am

The day I got a ticket this week probably the last people to get tix were in line by 8:30. But this week is unique because it's winter break and lots of high school and college kids were in NYC for the holidays. 

Updated On: 12/29/16 at 11:31 AM

Harpz2006
#48Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/29/16 at 11:33am

On the two-show day on Monday I also attempted. Last person to get tix was in line by 8:55 am. Everyone was buying 2 tix and they went extremely fast. Not to mention the shenanigans of people joining a friend in the front of the line and buying more tix. 16 total available for each performance.

Updated On: 12/29/16 at 11:33 AM

Notreallysilent 2
#49Dear Evan Hansen Rush
Posted: 12/29/16 at 11:46am

Monday I got there at 7:45, and I was fourth in line. But I was first for the evening. Wednesday my friends got there at 7:20 and were second (they had enough people to get me a ticket already so I didn't just cut the line). I got there at 7:45 again and the line was already near the imperial. I definitely would even aim for 7:15 if your planning on going this week. It gets pretty crazy.  And yeah 16 tickets for SRO, but that doesn't mean they sell all 16 tickets to the line. The family and friends of the cast and crew got to get SRO before hand, so some spots were already taken before that day.