pixeltracker

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre- Page 2

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#25PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 4/6/17 at 2:07pm

Tony makes everything a must see but Brandon Uranowitz being involved makes this even better!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#26PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 4/6/17 at 2:08pm

Emily Skinner back on Broadway is always a reason to celebrate! Also happy to see Brandon Uranowitz joining the cast. Sounds like they're still trying to find the replacement for Ramin. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#27PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 4/6/17 at 2:27pm

Happy to see Janet Dacal in the cast!!!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
mamaleh
#30PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/9/17 at 11:06am

Shuler Hensley, who was in the tryout in Japan, will not be part of the Broadway cast, as he's doing the revamped, streamlined version of YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN in London soon.  

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#31PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/25/17 at 8:45pm

CODE: POBDRM

Begins August 3 > October 22 

Orch $119

Mezz $85

Rear Mezz $65

telechargeoffers.com

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#32PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/25/17 at 9:02pm

Got that offer in the mail and have to say I was disappointed.  $119 is still too much for me.  

rayoflight104 Profile Photo
rayoflight104
#33PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/25/17 at 9:30pm

I got the direct mailer today as well. Why is this show at this price level? do they have that much overhead? Or are we paying for the years it has taken to get to  broadway? (Lol)

And how does the storyline go? I am imagining they just walk out on stage to sing a song after an intro. Is there an actual plot? 

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#34PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/26/17 at 2:05am

broadwayguy91 said: "God bless the sanity of the people who are willing to fund this utterly unnecessary vanity project 

"

Thank you. Prince is my favorite director and *I* have no interest in seeing this. His genius won't be captured in the space of a scene or a song.

So after Tony Yazbeck's 97 fans and Emily Skinner's 103 fans--basically after BWW.com posters--buy tickets and the first preview is half-full, to whom do they plan to sell?

(To be clear, I'm not criticizing Yazbeck or Skinner or even Prince himself, but they have smallish, erudite fan bases. What's more all of Prince's hits have been revived in the past 10 to12 years, except for POTO which is still running.)

I could see PRINCE OF BROADWAY as a PBS special or documentary, but a live Broadway show? Why?

evic
#35PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/26/17 at 4:41am

I hope they did extensive changes from the version in Japan which looked like a cruise ship revue.

evic
#36PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/26/17 at 4:41am

I hope they did extensive changes from the version in Japan which looked like a cruise ship revue.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#37PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/26/17 at 11:18am

DramaTeach said: "Got that offer in the mail and have to say I was disappointed.  $119 is still too much for me."

Especially considering they seem to be relatively poor seats. I've read recommendations for this venue that say orchestra seats above #120 should be avoided, and it looks like most of this offer is for seats 120+. And seriously, $299 for the regular-priced orchestra seats? This isn't Dear Evan Hansen.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#38PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/26/17 at 10:32pm

evic said: "I hope they did extensive changes from the version in Japan which looked like a cruise ship revue.

"This ~

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman TheatrePRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman TheatrePRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman TheatrePRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman TheatrePRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman TheatrePRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman TheatrePRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#39PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/26/17 at 11:07pm

Wait wow, those photos look terrible. Is this actually supposed to be any good? (Seriously asking, not being snarky.)

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#40PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:49am

Is it bad that I think the Superman backdrop is clever and adorable? I may be biased by the fact that I think "You've Got Possibilities" is a truly brilliant song.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

ghostlight15
#41PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 2:05am

Anyone know the show's running time?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#42PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 2:12am

This does seem a bit beneath the company in this day and age. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#43PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 2:15am

Liked the original logo better:

Updated On: 7/16/17 at 02:15 AM

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#44PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 2:16am

This show includes all of my favorite shows and some performers that I really respect and yet I couldn't care less about this production.  It just seems like a ridiculous project.  The ticket prices are high and I've heard very few good things about the previous incarnations of this production.  I just don't understand why this is really happening.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#45PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 4:37am

As a show, FOSSE made sense, as that choreography and those numbers stood alone.

Prince's skill was in conceiving and shaping whole shows.  How can you show what Prince did?  Project some footage of him persuading ALW not to make 'Phantom' into a camp rock show?  Hand out transcripts of his deal with Sondheim that saw 'Company' produced in return for 'A Little Night Music'?

This is just a bizarre concept for a show- say it like it is: it's a songs from the shows revue.

Laurapattifan Profile Photo
Laurapattifan
#46PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 8:30am

little_sally said: "RippedMan said: "Is this like the year of the non-profits producing commerical shows they shouldn't be producing? Between this and Holiday Inn, I don't think either should have landed at a non-profit. MTC should have taken Sweat to Broadway since they were stupid for not bringing in Ruined. And Prince should have gone into Studio 54.

Is there a precedent for a show going from one non-profit to another? Would Sweat have been allowed to be picked up by MTC after being with the Public?

"

Roundabout produced "Everyday Rapture" which was Off Broadway at Second Stage

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#47PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 8:01pm

@Tag, where is that logo from? This was the artwork for the Japanese production, which I thought was decent enough:

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#48PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 8:12pm

^I believe it's the original logo, from when the show was being developed by a producer in Toronto (2012ish) for a pre-Broadway run, which never materialized.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#49PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
Posted: 7/16/17 at 8:44pm

Strange that the wonderful Opel is being replaced by the also wonderful Ziemba. Did Opel leave to do her off-Broadway CURVY WIDOW? A strange turn of events.