pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room- Page 2

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

sondheimfan3
#25Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 12/26/16 at 12:36am

Notreallysilent 2 said: "Sorry to ask this again but no one answered before. How much are the partial view seats that they sell at the box office?

and @bwayandstuff it opens at 10 On Saturday 

"

They're $69.

CanadianBroadwayGal Profile Photo
CanadianBroadwayGal
#26Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 12/29/16 at 9:59pm

I was able to get two standing room tickets in spots 104 and 105. First in line around 6am (determined Canadian here). We got to sit during Act 2 because there were six seats available two rows in front of standing room. It was awesome!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#27Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 12/30/16 at 1:11pm

somechrysanthemumtea said: "If I remember correctly partial view seats are around 60$? But I can't be sure if that's right."

Are the partial view seats the box seats? For Shuffle Along (the show at Music Box before Dear Evan Hansen), I rushed and the tickets were partial-view box seats. My friend sat closer to the edge and I was next to her... unfortunately I ended up standing the entire time since it provided a better view.

sondheimfan3
#28Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 12/30/16 at 5:20pm

Wick3 said: "somechrysanthemumtea said: "If I remember correctly partial view seats are around 60$? But I can't be sure if that's right."

Are the partial view seats the box seats? For Shuffle Along (the show at Music Box before Dear Evan Hansen), I rushed and the tickets were partial-view box seats. My friend sat closer to the edge and I was next to her... unfortunately I ended up standing the entire time since it provided a better view.

"

The box seats are classified as partial view seats, yes, but there are also partial view seats in the orchestra. I sat in a partial view seat far house left in the second row.

I sat in the box seats at one performance, and I was very happy with my view because I had the chair in third/last row of the box seat. The woman who sat far left in the first row of box seats didn't seem too pleased, but otherwise the box seats provided an excellent view. You don't get the full effect of the projections during one particular moment of "You Will Be Found" but otherwise I was very pleased with them. 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#29Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 12/30/16 at 8:58pm

Can box seats only be purchased the day of? 

sondheimfan3
#30Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 12/31/16 at 2:16am

LesWickedly said: "Can box seats only be purchased the day of? 

"

No, they sell them in advance too, but at the box office only. 

PJPan
#31Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/3/17 at 10:36am

Did SRO on Friday, got in line around 7 and was fine. Some others were able to grab one or two seats at intermission. Great view though, not obstructed at all from where I was.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#32Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/4/17 at 5:10pm

Did anyone do standing room today or yesterday? Wondering what the line is like now that the holidays are over. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#33Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/4/17 at 5:49pm

I'm not really sure if anyone would be willing to help me or not but, here it goes anyway.

I wanted to buy tickets for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day and our one year anniversary but the dates I was checking (Saturdays/Sundays in February/March) were pretty much sold out. 

So I was wondering if someone who is in the area/seeing the show would mind asking about partial view tickets and if they were available buy them for me and I can PayPal you the money and obviously give you something for doing it for me.

Just thought I would throw it out there and ask if someone is super sweet and wonderful and wanted to help someone give their love of their life something they really wanted haha <3

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#34Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/6/17 at 5:11pm

Did standing room line this morning, and had a very frustrating experience. Yesterday the lady at the box office told us that anyone that had ever arrived in line  by 7:00am was able to get tickets for standing room, and that there were almost always 16-20 tickets available. Today, that wasn't so. My two friends and I arrived at 6:25am, and there were 4 people ahead of us. After introducing myself, I asked how many tickets everyone was buying (first group arrived at 4:45). The  first three guys said they were each getting one ticket, and that they had another friend coming...great news. The next guy was getting two tickets, so that left my friends and I as tickets numbers 7-12...well below the 16 count that we were told.

About 7:15am we had a line cutter who made friends with the guys in the front. About 9:30 a line sitter behind me confronted her and asked her to get out of line because we all knew she cut the line based on her reaction to the longish line when she first arrived. Long story short, the guys in the front lied about several things (who was buying tickets and just hanging out) and said she was with them. They then bought more tickets than they originally said, and Box office sold out after only 12 SRO tickets were sold. After front guys bought their tickets, it was funny how they left and didn't wait for their new friend (line cutter girl).

All this to say, if you want to wait in line for SRO seats,  just know that 6:25am may not be early enough AND 16 is not an accurate number of available seats....today only 12 were released. Now four (instead of 6) of us get to go see the show tonight and see those 'lovely' people from the front of the line this morning. 

sondheimfan3
#35Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/6/17 at 6:15pm

Wow, defygravity2, that sucks. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Did you consider getting partial view seats or were there none left as well? I've heard there's now a Cancellation Line that forms at the theatre, and on Twitter it looks people have gotten some pretty sweet seats that way (Row F orchestra, etc). They're not as inexpensive as SRO tickets, but still, maybe it's another option. Has anyone here had experience with the cancellation line?

defygravity2
#36Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/6/17 at 7:04pm

They were sold out this morning-not one open seat. I later thought about going back to ask about cancellation line, but my friends were beyond 'over it', and two made other plans. My friends are not 'crazy theater people' like me, so rushing two days in a row has tested their limits. Waiting for Hamilton tockets tomorrow in the snow all day will be my solo event. If line skipper shows up there, you may see me on the evening news! (I'm kidding...sort of)

Jakeevan942
#37Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/6/17 at 8:07pm

I did standing room for the show a week before Christmas, and was chatting with Michael Lee Brown, one of the standbys, the group of whom were hanging out just behind the standing room slots watching the show, who said that they are letting the company of the show buy the standing room tickets to the show in advance for family and friends, just like Hamilton was doing for the first year. So while there are 16 standing room slots, not all of them might be available for every performance.

The deal with the partial view seats is that they can only be purchased at the box office, but can be purchased in advance from the box office, so the scalpers have bought most of them through the first half of this year. It's worth checking now, because the partial view price for the new block that went on-sale last week is up to $99.

jenhum
#38Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/6/17 at 11:37pm

I'm a newbie to standing room- I have arthritis in my right hip, so I swore I'd never do it. But I would really love to see this show, so I'm going to throw back a bottle of Advil and go for it (if I can get a ticket). My question- is there a wall or anything to lean on, or are you completely standing up? 

PerfidiousRaoul
#39Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/6/17 at 11:59pm

There's a bar kind of thing to lean on for the whole show. I did standing room for tonight's performance, and the view is full and completely unobstructed and still feels intimate.

Notreallysilent 2
#40Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/8/17 at 2:54pm

Did anyone try today? I'm curious to see how the line was when the box office opens at 12. Would time would you recommend gettiny there on a Sunday?

Notreallysilent 2
#41Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/12/17 at 7:28pm

Sorry to bump this again I'm just really curious to see how the line is on Sunday's. I'm looking to line up on a Sunday in the next couple weeks

SarahNYC2
#42Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/12/17 at 8:15pm

Jakeevan942 said: "I did standing room for the show a week before Christmas, and was chatting with Michael Lee Brown, one of the standbys, the group of whom were hanging out just behind the standing room slots watching the show, who said that they are letting the company of the show buy the standing room tickets to the show in advance for family and friends, just like Hamilton was doing for the first year. So while there are 16 standing room slots, not all of them might be available for every performance.

The deal with the partial view seats is that they can only be purchased at the box office, but can be purchased in advance from the box office, so the scalpers have bought most of them through the first half of this year. It's worth checking now, because the partial view price for the new block that went on-sale last week is up to $99.

"

That's very cool. He was on the day i saw DEH (Jan. 1st). I thought he did a great job. 

jenhum
#43Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/13/17 at 3:52pm

Just wanted to share my experience from this morning. I got to the theater at 7:45, and was the 10th person in line. I figured I probably didn't have a shot, but stuck it out just in case. Once the box office opened, there were only 8 standing room tickets available for tonight's performance. There was a guy that got there at 6:30 that didn't get one.

I'm sure it depends on the day, but if you want to have a good chance at getting a spot, I'd be there at 6 at the latest. I'm holding out hope that the partial view seats on StubHub will go down enough before the show for me to get one!

defygravity2
#44Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/13/17 at 4:18pm

Jenhum...try the cancellation line! We had a similar experience, and 6:20ish am was not early enough last Friday morning. We did get a few tickets, so some of our group got to see the show (they sold 12 SRO tickets that day). The night we went, the guy at the front of the line got there at 7:00pm for an 8:00 show (I would suggest getting there earlier). Tickets will be pricier, but if you are desperate to see the show, there is hope. Ask the box office about the cancellation line. 

jenhum
#45Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/13/17 at 6:48pm

defygravity2 said: "Jenhum...try the cancellation line! We had a similar experience, and 6:20ish am was not early enough last Friday morning. We did get a few tickets, so some of our group got to see the show (they sold 12 SRO tickets that day). The night we went, the guy at the front of the line got there at 7:00pm for an 8:00 show (I would suggest getting there earlier). Tickets will be pricier, but if you are desperate to see the show, there is hope. Ask the box office about the cancellation line. 

"

I ended up getting one on stubhub for $150- so not terrible! The prices kept falling this afternoon. After this morning I decided I'm done waiting in the cold, haha. I'm not in the city too often, so I decided just to go for it. I'm excited to see it!

J-Wo
#46Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 1/14/17 at 11:54pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "Sorry to bump this again I'm just really curious to see how the line is on Sunday's. I'm looking to line up on a Sunday in the next couple weeks"

I'm thinking of doing the same tomorrow. There's no way I can be there at 6 or 7am like some of you guys, but I wonder if coming at like 9am will work for 12pm opening? And if not, how does the cancelation line work? Do I just keep waiting until 3pm to see if I can get matinee tickets? And does that mean they'll be full price?

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#47Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/2/17 at 11:18pm

Has anyone tried for SRO lately?  I'm coming into NYC from Hartford, CT on Sunday, February 12, via bus, and unfortunately the earliest I can get into Midtown is around 9:30am (it's either that or 2:30am, no thank you).  I'm trying to see if it's worth trying for SRO for the matinee.  My other thought was to try for Natasha Pierre rush tickets (though, I heard those are tough to get, as well).  Would love to hear others' recent experience with the DEH rush line.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#48Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/3/17 at 10:29am

I showed up at 9:30 this week... There were about 10 people in front of me and I got 2 tickets... Loved the experience... Great view... Also they only do SRO if the show is sold out...

The line for THE GREAT COMET was much longer.....FYI... I wonder if the weather had to do with the shorter DEH line...

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

boonanas
#49Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/3/17 at 10:37am

Skimbleshanks2 said: "I showed up at 9:30 this week... There were about 10 people in front of me and I got 2 tickets... Loved the experience... Great view... Also they only do SRO if the show is sold out...

The line for THE GREAT COMET was much longer.....FYI... I wonder if the weather had to do with the shorter DEH line...

"

Which day did you go?  I went around 9:30 on Saturday but the line was about 40 ppl deep