pixeltracker

Sunday in the park (rush)- Page 2

Sunday in the park (rush)

KathyNYC2
#25Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/17/17 at 11:45am

My friend got to the rush line yesterday (Thursday) morning at 6 am and there was about 8 people in front of her..and she thinks she got the last of the official rush tickets. There were lottery loser seats for those who didn't get the official front row rush seats (at the same or close to the same price) but she was unaware how many they offered or where they were. We sat in the front row and I was surprised how good a seat it was - the stage is high but not really THAT high to prevent a good view.

djoko84
#26Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/17/17 at 1:15pm

I've gone a few times before a show started, but never had luck getting discounted prices for regular seats. I've even asked the box office what happens if they don't sell and they told me the seat just stays empty.

petewk87
#27Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/17/17 at 4:38pm

What kind of discount seats have they been offering (if any) after the front row rush tickets run out? I don't think I'll be able to make the first 14 tickets but am curious whether anyone has had success with day-of discounts. Thanks!

Juan Perez2 Profile Photo
Juan Perez2
#28Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/17/17 at 4:53pm

Today I did the rush and was the person immediately after the last person to get front row tickets. I was offered two seats in the rear orchestra (row R, dead center) for the same price as the front row tickets ($41). In case you were wondering, I showed up at pretty much 5:00 AM and was the eighth person in line.

BearcatBroadwayLover Profile Photo
BearcatBroadwayLover
#29Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/17/17 at 5:48pm

Does anyone have any advice on when to show up for rush on Sunday? I believe the box office opens at noon as opposed 10am every other day. Thanks!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#30Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/18/17 at 1:45pm

On a whim and prepared to drop 200 (...eeek) on my favorite musical, I dropped by the box office at 130 pm and scored a rear orchestra seat for 59! So excited to see this again!

petewk87
#31Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/18/17 at 4:51pm

Thanks for the report! Was this for a matinee, and how was the view from rear orchestra?

Play Esq. said: "On a whim and prepared to drop 200 (...eeek) on my favorite musical, I dropped by the box office at 130 pm and scored a rear orchestra seat for 59! So excited to see this again!

"

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#32Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 3:42am

BearcatBroadwayLover said: "Does anyone have any advice on when to show up for rush on Sunday? I believe the box office opens at noon as opposed 10am every other day. Thanks!"

I am actually in the rush line right now, and there are already 5 of us (I'm 4th)! :) I got here about 3:20, the people in front of me not long before that.

BearcatBroadwayLover Profile Photo
BearcatBroadwayLover
#33Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 1:02pm

abbagirl said: "BearcatBroadwayLover said: "Does anyone have any advice on when to show up for rush on Sunday? I believe the box office opens at noon as opposed 10am every other day. Thanks!"

I am actually in the rush line right now, and there are already 5 of us (I'm 4th)! :) I got here about 3:20, the people in front of me not long before that.

"

Oh wow! Congratulations!! Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy I decided to postpone because my bus wouldn't have gotten in until 7.

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#34Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 1:07pm

BearcatBroadwayLover said: "Oh wow! Congratulations!! Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy I decided to postpone because my bus wouldn't have gotten in until 7."

Yeah, that definitely would not have worked; today they literally only had the front row seats (I think maybe 14?) at rush price, absolutely nothing else (in fact, nothing avail but premiums!), so they cut the line off not too far behind our group of early birds! There were a LOT of people waiting who went home disappointed, not sure why the ones really far back thought they had a chance though...

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#35Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 1:33pm

My friend and I were the last 2 people to get tickets! We got in line at 4:25 and we got 1 front row seat and this random seat in the last row, cause there were apparently 14 front row seats and 1 random one in the back.

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#36Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 1:38pm

Yay, cool! I probably saw/met you in line, then. :) So excited for the show!!

ameleigh
#37Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 3:40pm

I walked into the box office at 4:30pm yesterday and got a rush ticket for last nights performance. 

ahhrealmonsters
#38Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 7:04pm

My friend tried around 6 pm yesterday, and there was nothing available. Seems like this is a hit or miss.

pupscotch
#39Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 7:06pm

I went around 2pm on Friday, and they didn't have anything. They did have some cheaper seats available, but since I have tickets for later in the run i decided against it. I think it's hit or miss as well, and I might try again on Tuesday.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#40Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/19/17 at 7:51pm

View was fantastic! I couldn't see all of the chromolune (sp) but saw much of it.  As I said earlier, this is my favorite Sondheim (or at least one of three...) so I will be seeing this at least two more times before it closes. However, even if I somehow only saw yesterday's performance, I'd be satisfied. 

And yes, I saw the Encores! Production....this was worlds better!

djoko84
#41Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 6:30am

As i said earlier in the thread, I went at 12p on a Wednesday and was able to get rush. I would never get to the box office at 3a for a show. I might as well just pay regular price.

broadwaygirl10
#42Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 11:29am

I rushed today and I got $41 rear orchestra. I arrived at around 6:40 and was 19th in line. 

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#43Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 2:13pm

Are they planning to do a lottery soon?

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

JeffDaEgg2
#44Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 3:23pm

So there is a performance tonight?  Telecharge doesn't have a show listed again until 2/24.  Strange.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#45Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 3:45pm

There's certainly one tomorrow, since that's when I'm going. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

qafgenius122
#46Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 3:48pm

To those of you who have rushed it this past week and seem to be getting there at 3 in the morning.... my plan prior to reading this thread was to get to the box office tomorrow morning (Wednesday) for 5am. There are two shows tomorrow, and I could see either.... what do you think my chances are? Should I get there earlier?! I'm really dreading getting up tomorrow at 4am as it is, so can someone please reassure me.  I have tix to Kid Victory tonight and my plan is to be home in bed and asleep by 10:30, with the help of some ZzzQuil. I really wish I was confident/lucky enough to just walk up at noon and ask for tix, and be granted cheap seats.... but I'm not and I fear there will be no discounted tix for the rest of the run, so idk what to do.... HELP!

pupscotch
#47Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 3:53pm

I tweeted asking about a future rush/standing room/lottery and the Sunday twitter account mentioned that they would be making an announcement next Monday. Obviously that's not a confirmation of anything but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least had some sort of standing room policy.

Theater3232
#48Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 3:54pm

Are there two performances tomorrow 2/22 at 2pm and 8pm, but neither one is currently listed on Telecharge?  That's quite odd - Why wouldn't Telecharge list the performances and simply show "no seats available" on the seating map?

JeffDaEgg2
#49Sunday in the park (rush)
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:20pm

So it turns out that apparently the producers are British and follow the (what I find very annoying) practice of having tickets through more than one broker.  So Telecharge has one block and then the box office and their site has another block: http://www.thehudsonbroadway.com/whatson/sunday-in-the-park-with-george/

So there are two shows tomorrow and they still have tickets on that site, but Telecharge doesn't even have it listed.  So strange.  This does explain why I had to get different tickets at the box office than i found on the Telecharge site, though; the woman explained that they had different inventory, but I didn't realize why.