COME FROM AWAY Previews

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#175COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/4/17 at 7:39pm

HSky said: "I was at the Wednesday matinee and Susan Dunstan was on as Beulah.

"

ok. I know these understudies were with the show in Toronto & D.C. as well.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#176COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/4/17 at 8:54pm

Does anyone know if there are any discount codes on telechargeoffers for CFA? Thx.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#177COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/4/17 at 10:05pm

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

elpielovesblackfish2 Profile Photo
elpielovesblackfish2
#178COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/4/17 at 10:42pm

Anybody have any idea if Justin is seeing the matinee or the evening on the 15th?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#179COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/4/17 at 10:52pm

I recall reading in the article that Trudeau will be accompanied with the Consulate General of Canada in New York and 600 folks from his office for the *evening* performance. It sounds like it'll be mostly Canadians in that theater that evening. Should be fun.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#180COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/4/17 at 10:53pm

see page 4 entry 55 of this thread. Those are the only codes I know about but again can't say if itsstill valid.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#181COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/4/17 at 11:13pm

thank you sabrelady! Yes they're still valid! :) :) :) Thank you! Planning to see this show again (saw it earlier this week via rush!) 

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#182COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/5/17 at 12:34pm

Really wonderful article in Toronto Star-

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/stage/2017/03/05/come-from-away-has-an-urgent-message-will-america-listen.html

Seriously, the team should get this into the New York Papers!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#183COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/5/17 at 1:22pm

sabrelady said: "Really wonderful article in Toronto Star-

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/stage/2017/03/05/come-from-away-has-an-urgent-message-will-america-listen.html

Seriously, the team should get this into the New York Papers!
"

After the show opens all the reviews will be out. Hopefully Brantley will give this a NYT Critic's pick!

BTW, when I watched CFA in previews a few days ago, I noticed they mentioned Emirates flight in addition to Lufthansa, Virgin Atlantic, American Airlines, etc.

I'm an avgeek and know for certain Emirates started flying to North America in 2004 not in 2001 so not sure if that was an oversight by the writers or not. Or who knows maybe Emirates had a special flight that just so happened to be on 9/11 but I highly doubt it. It's not the end of the world obviously but other avgeeks watching the show may notice that too.

BTW, sabrelady, I bought tix (front center mezz) for later this month using that discount code! Can't wait!!!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#184COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/5/17 at 1:47pm

Wick3, my guess flights that were just flying over the US and not landing, had to be grounded. Many international airlines that were heading to South America probably had to land. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#185COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/5/17 at 2:11pm

i think C-M-J is correct- any flight deemed too far to return was put down at the nearest safely achievable stop.

CPB2
#186COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/5/17 at 4:05pm

Wick3 said: "I'm an avgeek and know for certain Emirates started flying to North America in 2004 not in 2001 so not sure if that was an oversight by the writers or not. "

As an avgeek you should appreciate that they seem to have cleaned up "Me and the Sky" to remove a nonsensical sequence of getting a pilots license and ratings(!) before taking a first flight lesson.

And I'd note that the overall number of references to American Airlines seems to be a bit gratuitous but apparently they're sponsors of the show.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#187COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 9:10am

sabrelady said: "i think C-M-J is correct- any flight deemed too far to return was put down at the nearest safely achievable stop."

i agree but my point is Emirates's first flight to North America was in 2004! Its hub is Dubai (DXB) and it's so far from Gander that I highly doubt there was an EK flight nearby. 

orlikethecolorpurple
#188COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 11:01pm

Does anyone have seating suggestions? 

Hairspray0901
#189COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 11:30pm

orlikethecolorpurple said: "Does anyone have seating suggestions? "

Most of the action is center stage. I highly recommend the first few rows of the mezzanine.

nolanativeny
#190COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 9:02am

I saw this Sunday and I still can't stop thinking about it. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Unbelievably good. What a wonderful celebration of humanity! I have been telling literally everyone I know to go see it. Already have 2 more trips booked. 

#191COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 12:25pm

nolanativeny said: "I saw this Sunday and I still can't stop thinking about it. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Unbelievably good. What a wonderful celebration of humanity! I have been telling literally everyone I know to go see it. Already have 2 more trips booked. 

I feel the same way -- have been talking it up on my fb page and to my web list -- it's the perfect antidote to Trumpism. 

CaseyBrent41
#192COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 12:42pm

My absolute favorite show of the season. True, beautiful, soul stirring and completely moving. DEH is all fake. He fakes being the friend and everything is spun off of this fake idea about a selfish misguided teenager. CFA was so amazing and true. 

Also: Every time ChristineLavin says trump's name can we all take a drink? She's OBSESSED. 

Clyde15
#193COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/10/17 at 3:44pm

This preview video is beautiful!

http://bit.ly/2mut5WK

ghostlight2
#194COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/10/17 at 5:54pm

"And I'd note that the overall number of references to American Airlines seems to be a bit gratuitous but apparently they're sponsors of the show."

I don't recall anyone mentioning American Airlines except Jen Colella's character, Captain Beverly Bass? (not sure of the last name), but she is a real woman and she was the first American Airlines female Captain. The story told of her in this show is her true story. Add to that the fact that two of the four planes that were crashed that day were also American Airline flights, I don't think mention of them is really all that gratuitous.

"Most of the action is center stage. I highly recommend the first few rows of the mezzanine."

I highly second that opinion. Off to the sides isn't bad either, but I think this show is best viewed from the mezz.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#195COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/10/17 at 6:02pm

Also, the view from SRO is fantastic. Better than the rush seats they have which are typically on the sides.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#196COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/10/17 at 6:08pm

ACL2006 said: "Also, the view from SRO is fantastic. Better than the rush seats they have which are typically on the sides.

"

Can you buy box seats in advance? I'm going in a few weeks and hoping to just buy these a few days before I see it.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#197COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/10/17 at 6:56pm

I was reading in an article  that Bev Bass gave Jen the actual flight jacket & wings she wore on that day. Not sure if Jen is wearing that jacket ( tho that was the intent) cos of sizing et all but  they probably r using the wings. Nice that an actual piece of the day is actually on stage.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#198COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/10/17 at 7:05pm

orlikethecolorpurple said: "Does anyone have seating suggestions? 

I was in Row E of the center mezzanine, and had a perfect view. Here are 2 pics:

https://imgur.com/a/IyrBz

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#199COME FROM AWAY Previews
Posted: 3/10/17 at 7:08pm

The cast album is on iTunes now in case anyone wants to relive the show!