pixeltracker

Worst Theatre Audience of my life (Joke Post check my latest post on the 3r- Page 3

Worst Theatre Audience of my life (Joke Post check my latest post on the 3r

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#50Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 5:32am

Steph----Did you enjoy Dusty?  I saw it 3 times then flew to see it in Adelaide--was even better there and being the final performance the crowd went crazy,

Didn't come down from Brisbane for Lea Salonga and she didn't perform here but friends raved about both her Melbourne and Sydney performances--you were lucky to see her.

I am sure you will be very pleased with this years' selection from The Production Company---might wave to you in the front row !

Ladies in Black is good-would have left out parts but the majority most enjoyable.

StephieElise
#51Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 5:52am

SweetLips said: "Steph----Did you enjoy Dusty?  I saw it 3 times then flew to see it in Adelaide--was even better there and being the final performance the crowd went crazy,

Didn't come down from Brisbane for Lea Salonga and she didn't perform here but friends raved about both her Melbourne and Sydney performances--you were lucky to see her.

I am sure you will be very pleased with this years' selection from The Production Company---might wave to you in the front row !

Ladies in Black is good-would have left out parts but the majority most enjoyable.
"

I loved Dusty!! I mean, really, Amy Lehpamer is incapable of giving a bad performance in anything and I always love John O'Hara too, but I was really impressed with the whole production. I particularly enjoyed Baylie Carson's performance - she is definitely a star in the making! It was really nice seeing TPC do an Aussie show too; I'd love if they did that more frequently! I'm excited for the announcement tomorrow. I've been extremely slack about booking tickets so far this year (only have the final performance of Kinky Boots so far!). I really must get around to booking Ladies in Black and The Full Monty and probably Mormon and Aladdin but I'm feeling a bit meh about both of them (admittedly I've seen BOM), so hopefully TPC has something exciting to offer! 

Disappointing you didn't get to see Lea; she was absolutely amazing and I think vocally the best of the Broadway divas we've had perform in Hamer Hall lately! Will you get to see Sierra when she comes out?

djoko84
#52Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 6:51am

mc1227 said: "My biggest pet peeve at theatre has always been people leaving at curtain call.  I will go as far as to not let someone by who is leaving my aisle.  I feel very strongly that the actors who have worked so hard to entertain you deserve that moment and it's an opportunity for the audience to show their appreciation.

"

Like other people said you don't know why people have to rush out. I have never done it, but many times I have had to run like hell to catch my bus back to Jersey. By blocking someone you're not making any point if they're just going to leave at the other end of the aisle. If anything you look like the jackass.

LxGstv
#53Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 10:51am

djoko84 said: "mc1227 said: "My biggest pet peeve at theatre has always been people leaving at curtain call.  I will go as far as to not let someone by who is leaving my aisle.  I feel very strongly that the actors who have worked so hard to entertain you deserve that moment and it's an opportunity for the audience to show their appreciation.

"

Like other people said you don't know why people have to rush out. I have never done it, but many times I have had to run like hell to catch my bus back to Jersey. By blocking someone you're not making any point if they're just going to leave at the other end of the aisle. If anything you look like the jackass.

"

Not to mention that by forcing people to leave through the other side of the aisle you'll actually be bothering everyone else on that row as well...

Islander_fan said it best, no one will leave thinking "well, that was a valuable lesson, better not do it again"... it will be more along the lines of "what was that persons problem?! It was a fine theater evening up until we tried to leave and someone blocked us"

Olivia11
#54Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 11:42am

mc1227 said: "My biggest pet peeve at theatre has always been people leaving at curtain call.  I will go as far as to not let someone by who is leaving my aisle.  I feel very strongly that the actors who have worked so hard to entertain you deserve that moment and it's an opportunity for the audience to 

"

I have never left a performance before curtain call but if I needed to, for a reason that would not be any of your business, your behavior would not be tolerated. I would have no problem climbing over you and if the heel of my shoe pierced your foot, so be it. 

You  are perceiving yourself to have a right that you don't have. Trying to hold someone somewhere against their will is inappropriate, at best. You are not the theatre police. Your behavior is reprehensible. Stop it (unless you are just talking to sound big, which is my strong suspicion). 

BenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
#55Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 2:47pm

Troll post.  Keep moving folks.

StephieElise
#56Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 8:12pm

SweetLips - You were correct, I'm very pleased with this year's selection from TPC! I'm a bit surprised they're doing Dolly this year of all years (and being unfamiliar with most of the show, a bit unsure how Bette and Marina are vocally right for the same part), but Marina's always wonderful. I'm very excited for Superstar, even though I did see the arena production a few years ago. I love Rob Mills (13 yo me who detested him during his Idol days would be seriously shocked!) and Alinta Chidzey. Brigadoon is probably the one I'm most looking forward to. Rohan Browne is one of my favourite performers and is always perfect in those Gene Kelly roles. I don't know if you got to see Light in the Piazza but Genevieve Kingsford is another star in the making. I just hope they get her a better wig than that Merida wannabe monstrosity! 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#57Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 8:29pm

If 2 or more people with M&M shopping bags decide to sit through an entire show and then suddenly want to beat the crowd to the exit, they are not disturbing me to do it.

They purchased tickets and can leave whenever they choose via the closest available route, with whatever bags they have.  Your condescension is entirely irrelevant and if you physically block them purposely, you should be physically removed, which is both legal and appropriate.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#58Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 9:07pm

Mister Matt said: "If 2 or more people with M&M shopping bags decide to sit through an entire show and then suddenly want to beat the crowd to the exit, they are not disturbing me to do it.

They purchased tickets and can leave whenever they choose via the closest available route, with whatever bags they have.  Your condescension is entirely irrelevant and if you physically block them purposely, you should be physically removed, which is both legal and appropriate.

Some of you have completely twisted my words  to make it appear I am physically blocking or holding  people.  I have already written that when people are expecting me to leave the aisle to let them by during curtain call, I ask them to exit the other side and they do.  There is no shouting or manhandling about it.  Why is it okay for them to disturb me but not ok for them to disturb people at the other end of the aisle??  Wtf are you talking about?  The point is they shouldn't be disturbing anyone.  I don't care if they bought a ticket and want to leave, I also bought a ticket and want to see the curtain call..  That's why there are two aisles fto access each row.  You can enter or exit from either end.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#59Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 9:39pm

I've been to a few shows where I sadly had to leave right at the top of the curtain call—one was for a family emergency, the other was for a train I had no other choice but to schedule right after the show. If somebody tried to block me from leaving the aisle out of the exit of my choice (or ask me to reroute myself), I would be p-i-s-s-e-d.

You can always either move three inches (if you're standing) or shift your legs slightly (if you're seated) to let somebody out of an aisle during the curtain call, instead of anointing yourself as the person to decide which side of the aisle they can exit from.

God, the MELODRAMA.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#60Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 10:21pm

Some of you have completely twisted my words  to make it appear I am physically blocking or holding  people. 

No twisting was involved.  This is what you said:
"I will go as far as to not let someone by who is leaving my aisle."
and
"They can leave by going out the other side of the aisle.  If they want to take me down, they are coming with me."
and apparently, it's not really about whether you may have to step aside a few inches because:
"but I draw the line at leaving while actors take taking their bows."

I didn't make a spectacle, I simply said that they would have to go out the other way. 

And luckily, they weren't a condescending a-hole and were able to exit easily the other way because there was no reason they had to simply because YOU SAY SO.  They did not then or will not ever "have to go out the other way".  Most likely, they realized you were unreasonable, pretending you own the theatre, which you don't.  

I have already written that when people are expecting me to leave the aisle to let them by during curtain call, I ask them to exit the other side and they do.

Yeah see, that wasn't what you said, but it doesn't matter, anyway. 

And as an actor, I have never cared if I saw anyone leaving during a curtain call, especially if I've performed the show countless times already.  Not everyone has to stay for a curtain call, stand for an ovation, or even applaud, if they don't want to.  The actors get paid, regardless, and there is no obligation on the part of the audience to do what YOU feel is most important to the cast (which is really just about your feelings, which don't dictate when or how other paying audience leave their seats by the route of their choice).

Why is it okay for them to disturb me but not ok for them to disturb people at the other end of the aisle??

It is equally okay, depending the route they decide to take to exit the most quickly.  You are the one deciding it's okay to disturb everyone else in the theatre but you for doing something everyone is allowed to do at any time.

I don't care if they bought a ticket and want to leave, I also bought a ticket and want to see the curtain call..  That's why there are two aisles fto access each row.  You can enter or exit from either end.  

And you expect them to either know who you are and know your personal preferences in advance or get to you and then have to go all the way back and take up more time and disturb twice as many people, and many of the same people twice.  Because you can be bothered to move a few inches for a couple of seconds.  But the point is, they don't have to do it just because you want them to.  

But to be honest, I think you probably know you sound like a ridiculous douchebag, but you just don't care because you are obsessively weird about curtain calls.  No matter how you feel about them, nobody has to reroute their exit for you.  Nobody.  Never.  It's not just about your feelings, it's also about theatre management.  And if you speak to any house manager, you will discover that you are just flat-out wrong on this issue.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 2/27/17 at 10:21 PM

LxGstv
#62Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/27/17 at 10:54pm

PThespian said: "I actually have encountered the opposite problem. 

I once had a family of five arrive late. 

The people on BOTH sides of the aisle refused to get up to let them in. 

I tried to talk to them, another usher tried to talk to them, and the Chief Usher tried to talk to them (all while the show was going on). 

Finally we ended up reseating them in much better, more expensive seats. 

They were quite happy and declined to take their correct seats during intermission. 

You have no idea how much self control it took for me not to go up and "address" the row of obnoxious patrons who refused to move their legs three inches. 

"

That's just crazy. I'm not a fan of late seating however, specially at plays when they keep reinforcing constantly that there's no late seating.

During The Present this couple arrived late, this woman had taken their seat because she assumed there would be no late seating, they had to signal for her to leave, then the couple sat down... after all that she had to move back into her row and seat, which unfortunately happened to be next to my seat... no one tried to block her, but the whole thing was very distracting/annoying.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#63Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 2/28/17 at 3:16am

This thread is all over the place and I am only adding to it.

Late comers. Recently I was one of those--2 theatres in the one building--I was at door 8--wrong theatre.

I stood with all the other laters watching Matilda on a screen, then in a very orderly fashion we were taken to our respective doors. We then waited in an 'inner sanctum' and when the usher was given the audio cue she opened the door and then crouched down and shone her torch along the legs of the patrons so I could see my way to my seat---very little disturbance.

What impressed me was how efficient/professional and quiet the whole operation was conducted-army precision.

Never having been late before I sure appreciated the usher who got me to my seat.

PThespian-I love reading the 'front stage' stories from your perspective.

Steph--I think Marina will blow the roof off. I heard from my spies she did a Dolly medley at the launch today ;Superstar orchestra filed in playing as they walked down the aisle and I want Rohan to surprise us all and show us what is[not] worn under a kilt !!

Multimatt Profile Photo
Multimatt
#64Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 10:39am

Time to clear things up after letting this post sit for a couple days. Yes this post is fake. I once told the same fake story to one of my friends knowing the errors the "audience member" complaining had made but he just blindly agreed with me. I did see Great Comet Of 1812 and everything was amazing, the crowd and the staff. I was looking to see if anyone on here could point out the faults and it worked! I would never audio record a show, leave before he curtain call (Unless the train schedule does not cooperate), and leave my playbill in the walking area in the row. I'm very happy that everyone pointed out the faults!

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#65Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 11:02am

As one sometimes has to ask their tricks, now that you came, could you please go?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Hairspray0901
#66Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 11:07am

Multimatt said: "Time to clear things up after letting this post sit for a couple days. Yes this post is fake. I once told the same fake story to one of my friends knowing the errors the "audience member" complaining had made but he just blindly agreed with me. I did see Great Comet Of 1812 and everything was amazing, the crowd and the staff. I was looking to see if anyone on here could point out the faults and it worked! I would never audio record a show, leave before he curtain call (Unless the train schedule does not cooperate), and leave my playbill in the walking area in the row. I'm very happy that everyone pointed out the faults!

"

No one likes the person who cries wolf....

Updated On: 3/1/17 at 11:07 AM

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#67Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 11:10am

I think we all wonder what the hell keeps us on Broadwayworld... and then threads like these show up and we all remember.

Broadway World's Fireman.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#68Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 11:16am

Multimatt said: "Time to clear things up after letting this post sit for a couple days. Yes this post is fake. I once told the same fake story to one of my friends knowing the errors the "audience member" complaining had made but he just blindly agreed with me. I did see Great Comet Of 1812 and everything was amazing, the crowd and the staff. I was looking to see if anyone on here could point out the faults and it worked! I would never audio record a show, leave before he curtain call (Unless the train schedule does not cooperate), and leave my playbill in the walking area in the row. I'm very happy that everyone pointed out the faults!"

Worst Theatre Audience of my life

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#69Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 11:17am

themysteriousgrowl said: "As one sometimes has to ask their tricks, now that you came, could you please go?"

laughcheeky

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#70Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 11:26am

PThespian said: "I once had a family of five arrive late. 

The people on BOTH sides of the aisle refused to get up to let them in.
"

Once at Phantom, an usher came in with flashlights a-blazin' to seat latecomers in the middle of the title song, just as the gondola was making its way downstage. More than half of the entire row in front of me was forced to stand up to let these people in, blocking the view for everyone behind them. I was quite furious and did not hesitate to summon the house manager during the interval. I believe latecomers should always be held until all lights go down at a scene change.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 3/1/17 at 11:26 AM

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#71Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 2:06pm

Multimatt said: "Time to clear things up after letting this post sit for a couple days. Yes this post is fake. I once told the same fake story to one of my friends knowing the errors the "audience member" complaining had made but he just blindly agreed with me. I did see Great Comet Of 1812 and everything was amazing, the crowd and the staff. I was looking to see if anyone on here could point out the faults and it worked! I would never audio record a show, leave before he curtain call (Unless the train schedule does not cooperate), and leave my playbill in the walking area in the row. I'm very happy that everyone pointed out the faults!

What a fxxken arsehole. Do you sit and wank everytime someone posts to your joke?

I know I shouldn't respond but practical 'jokes' like this are a waste of space and everyones' time.

I'm just glad that most told of interesting and real theatre experiences.

Please vanish from BWW and better still, get trampled so it hurts in the rush as audiences bolt for the door.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#72Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 4:56pm

Well, at least we know who to block pretty quickly.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#74Worst Theatre Audience of my life
Posted: 3/1/17 at 8:23pm

A joke or crap, I got called out on my stupidity and have to pretend it was a social experiment? Going to have to go with the latter on this one.