pixeltracker

Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery- Page 3

Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#50Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 3/31/17 at 2:04am

I don't see how that's being rude? They're making millions off this, so why not set a few seats aside for the starving artists? 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#51Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 3/31/17 at 8:50am

Cool! Personally, I'd rather do SRO and pay $47 than sit in balcony ($89-$109) at the Shubert.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#52Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 3/31/17 at 1:17pm

I think it's the word "rude" that people got annoyed by? I get your point though and I agree. I think it would be nice if they had some sort of policy for cheap tickets other than SRO that requires you to line up at 5am to be able to get them, i.e. an online lottery. It certainly wouldn't hurt them since they are making a heck of a lot of money anyway. Of course there are in no way or form required to do so. But so is no other show and almost all of them make a point to offen these options anyway, no matter how big of a hit they are. I think it's a little sad that producers in this case decided not to have any policy in place (at least for now, but almost all shows that have a policy put it in place starting with first preview, so I doubt they'll have on as long as Bette is in).

Miss Jezebel DuPree2
#53Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 3/31/17 at 1:54pm

Miss DuPree predicts that Miss Midler's fat behind will fall off the stage before rush tickets happen!

tipstosaveonbroadway Profile Photo
tipstosaveonbroadway
#54Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/11/17 at 8:21pm

delete

Updated On: 4/11/17 at 08:21 PM

BellaB2
#55Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/13/17 at 10:55pm

Has anyone done standing room lately? I wanna know how early I'd need to be there

Wayman_Wong
#56Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/14/17 at 1:56am

On a two-show day like Wednesday, do they sell the standing room for only the matinee when the box office opens? Or do they give you a choice of the matinee and evening? Thanks for any info!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#57Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/14/17 at 4:30am

Wayman_Wong said: "On a two-show day like Wednesday, do they sell the standing room for only the matinee when the box office opens? Or do they give you a choice of the matinee and evening? Thanks for any info!"

Probably depends if the shows are totally sold out at the time, no? I don't think there is SRO until those last $525 seats are sold.

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#58Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/14/17 at 7:58am

I rushed two Saturdays ago on April 1st, they gave out 9 tickets between both shows. I got there with the first person on line at 4am (which might have been too early). I had friends go on Friday April 7 at 6am and they gave out 10 tickets for the one show that day. 

They will not sell tickets for either shows until they are sold out so you might have to wait once the Box Office opens. However from both times I'm aware they were sold out the moment the BO opened and could be sold right then. If it's a two show day you can ask for either show if they still have space 

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#59Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/18/17 at 12:30pm

Has anyone lined up for Dolly SRO recently? Wondering how early to get there...

BellaB2
#60Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:36am

abbagirl said: "Has anyone lined up for Dolly SRO recently? Wondering how early to get there...

"

Wondering about that too!

brdway411
#61Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:47am

my friends did it Wednesday, before opening night and got there at 4:30 am and the next people got there at 5 am. last people to get tickets got in line around 6 am. 

brdway411
#62Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:47am

delete, double post, stupid phone

Updated On: 4/21/17 at 12:47 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#63Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/21/17 at 10:46pm

Now that Hello Dolly has officially opened, I'm guessing the only affordable tickets (less than $50) is SRO?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#64Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/23/17 at 9:07am

I'm also wondering how SRO has been lately? I was told they don't release tickets for the evening performance on two show days until after the matinee has started. Is this true?

NYCtheater
#65Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/23/17 at 10:12am

My friend went yesterday (4/22). They did start selling SRO for the evening when the Box Office opened. The SRO varies, but can be between 15-20 spots.

lostphantom
#66Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/27/17 at 10:49am

@NYCtheater, do you happen to know when your friend went to the box office for SRO? I am wondering how early to arrive to the theater for SRO. Any information will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

LiveOutLoud Profile Photo
LiveOutLoud
#67Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/27/17 at 10:59am

I got there at 4 am this morning and was 3rd in line. People started trickling in about every 15-30 minutes after. I wouldn't suggest showing up later than 5 or 5:30. I'm not sure how many SRO seats they had available, but they were also giving out partial view last row balcony for $59 for tonights performance. 

ilyas-ch Profile Photo
ilyas-ch
#68Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/27/17 at 5:00pm

Hello, I was wondering, how's the view from SRO? Is the overhanging of the mezzanine a problem? I am thinking of getting SRO to see it early May! 

corbucketty
#69Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/27/17 at 9:52pm

wow I wish that I had an affordable option to see this show other than to pay $89. I'm disabled and can't do SRO so that's my only option.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#70Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/27/17 at 10:01pm

They really should make the 16 box seats lottery seats .  They are very partial view .   Greed.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

LiveOutLoud Profile Photo
LiveOutLoud
#71Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/28/17 at 12:42am

ilyas-ch said: "Hello, I was wondering, how's the view from SRO? Is the overhanging of the mezzanine a problem? I am thinking of getting SRO to see it early May! "

The view is great! The overhang only cuts off the very top of one or two scenes, but it's nothing very important. 

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#72Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/28/17 at 8:06am

LiveOutLoud said: "ilyas-ch said: "Hello, I was wondering, how's the view from SRO? Is the overhanging of the mezzanine a problem? I am thinking of getting SRO to see it early May! "

The view is great! The overhang only cuts off the very top of one or two scenes, but it's nothing very important. 

"For those scenes I was able to crouch to not miss anything. They have great views!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#73Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/28/17 at 9:19am

I'm going to be doing SRO in a few weeks (on my birthday, yay!) and I really, really hope I don't need to get in line earlier than 3am but with Tony nominations next week, I'm getting a bit nervous.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#74Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
Posted: 4/29/17 at 12:43am

On Thursday very few SROs were sold I spoke to a woman who was waiting in the lobby hoping a cancellation ticket would pop up. It was about 5 pm and she said she got to the theatre before dawn and only a few got SRO. I ended up buying a cancellation ticket for Sat matinee rather than take a chance. I guess SRO sometimes need to be used by the cast who need to get someone in to the show so availability varies daily. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello