Posted: 5/1/17 at 4:19pm

Carra Patterson, Jitney - Featured Actress in a Play

Jefferson Mays, The Front Page - Featured Actor in a Play

Corbin Bleu, Holiday Inn - Featured Actor in a Musical

Updated On: 5/1/17 at 04:19 PM

Clyde15
#26No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 4:23pm

I'm gonna say there are 5 Best Musical nominees and Bandstand sneaks in and gets the 5th slot

ntrackbar Profile Photo
ntrackbar
#27No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 4:44pm

Yea, I feel like the musical itself has a decent chance, but my No-Guts-No-Glory choice is Brandon Ellis in Bandstand (or really any of the band members). But Brandon's performance has stuck with me - charming, layered...that one serious moment his character has (just a few lines) was seriously memorable. I know it is a crowded category, but it would be great to see him recognized.

Markie27 Profile Photo
Markie27
#28No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 4:53pm

I would like for bandstand to sneak in and get the fourth slot so that all best musical nominees are on the same street 2 shows beside one another on each side facing each other.   cheeky

Updated On: 5/1/17 at 04:53 PM

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#29No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 5:01pm

^^^That's really cool, now that I think about it! If that does happen, I'll make sure to snag a picture of the street once they have all their nominations ads up outside the theatres.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#30No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 7:27pm

My No Guts this year is actually a LACK of nominations.

I predict that all the so called experts that are overlooking Great Comet in their oh so highly skilled predictions to be correct and that Comet will be bumped out of a number of categories including all the acting categories expect for Steele in featured actor and they are left out of a number of the technical and creative awards.

persephone88
#31No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 8:02pm

From Come From Away- Joel Hatch - such a strong presence and great voice in that show, and Cesar Samayoa and Chad Kimball. They were both entertaining and movng.  I did not even realize that one of the Kevins was also the Muslim passenger for quite some time!

From DEH - Mike Faist, Will Roland and Michael Park. I thought Mike and Will were both terrific in very different pafts. I know a lot of people didn't care for To Break In A Glove, but my heart went out to Connor's dad in that song.

hmaybway Profile Photo
hmaybway
#32No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 8:57pm

Mike Faist - Dear Evan Hansen

Ramin Karimloo - Anastasia

measure your life in love | make up your mind that you're strong enough | #youwillbefound

Chicken_Flavor Profile Photo
Chicken_Flavor
#33No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 9:18pm

Falsettos- Best Musical Revival

(Although I would love for this to happen)

Kristolyn Lloyd- Best Featured Actress

In Transit- Best Musical (lol)

Broadway61004
#34No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 9:42pm

Jefferson Mays getting in both Leading (Oslo) and Featured (Front Page)

Oh, Hello! for Best Play

Paramour in all 3 tech categories

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#35No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 9:49pm

Clyde15 said: "I'm gonna say there are 5 Best Musical nominees and Bandstand sneaks in and gets the 5th slot

"My thinking as well

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#36No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 9:57pm

Jackie Hoffman in the un-magical, visually depressing, sugarless " Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". You can't keep your eyes off of her as she's the one that stands out providing much needed laughter!No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#37No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 10:05pm

The only prediction that I will make is: there will be surprises, more than usual. 

JerseyBoy25
#38No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 10:52pm

5 nominees for Best Revival of a Play. Besides Jitney, Little Foxes and Six Degrees, most of the revivals this year have been very hit or miss with critics and audiences. I could there being 5 due to non consensus, with my picks being the three above, Present Laughter and The Price.

@z5
#39No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/1/17 at 11:34pm

Would like to see Les Liaisons Dangereuses get some stuff..thought it was a great play. 

Janet McTeer was excellent 

Also for Holland Taylor in The Front Page.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#40No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/2/17 at 12:14am

Scott Frankel & Michael Korie get in for their WAR PAINT score.

Jackie Hoffman for CHARLIE

All three FALSETTOS men get in Featured. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
Updated On: 5/2/17 at 12:14 AM

jazzyjulie
#41No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/2/17 at 1:18am

Lol. In Transit should also be nominated for orchestrations. Nobody would forget that nomination. 

But seriously: Ramin Karimloo

I also hope Holiday Inn isn't completely forgotten, and that it grabs some nominations!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#42No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
Posted: 5/2/17 at 1:26am

jazzyjulie said: "Lol. In Transit should also be nominated for orchestrations. Nobody would forget that nomination. 

But seriously: Ramin Karimloo

I also hope
Holiday Inn isn't completely forgotten, and that it grabs some nominations!

Choreography

"